AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Favourite Advertisements

+15
Artemis93
Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin
MayFlower
kyo
Ithil
yuki
Jin
Apocalypse
Azeron
anime-guru
Aceviper
Omkar
Arr0wHeaD
Rukawa_Kaede
Red
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

1Your Favourite Advertisements - Page 2 Empty Your Favourite Advertisements Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:56 pm

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

First topic message reminder :

i don't know of a better place to put this thread.

#####################
WARNING
#####################
This thread(if ever popular) may contain video links to youtube or other such video streaming sites. i don't know why im writing this as warning but some people actually don't like this shit. weird, i know.
END
#####################

well, for starters i like the AXE advert for AXE: Dark Temptation. it's kinda funny with the chocolate dude walking around letting chicks eat him. i like that permanent smile he has all the time. though i have never even seen one, my sources tell me that the deo SUCKS! apparently, it doesn't smell like chocolate, but COFFEE! the guy had cold when he told me this. i'd trust him.

26Your Favourite Advertisements - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Favourite Advertisements Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:20 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

the new airtel and vodafone promo add for quickgun murugan

27Your Favourite Advertisements - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Favourite Advertisements Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:08 am

Arr0wHeaD

Arr0wHeaD
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Docomo ads are pretty good. The car accident and Footballer ones.

And of late I've taken a liking to the Airtel Live TV ad. The one with Saif Ali Khan and his childhood sweetheart. It's seriously melodramatic, but cute, in a way.

https://amalganation.forumotion.net

28Your Favourite Advertisements - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Favourite Advertisements Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:31 pm

Omkar

Omkar

yeah, i wanted to mention the airtel ad too. the bombay times reports- 3 days consecutive headlines
day 1: HAVE YOU SEEN HER?
day 2: STILL SEARCHING...
day 3: FOUND, FINALLY!
sucked balls. but the motion picture version, well, it was just ok. maybe that's because i already had got a gist thanks to the corny BT presentation. it didn't have much cute appeal. the song in the background is more whiny than missing-y. its like nice concept, sad execution n disappointing end(could've been funny if there was a better director)

http://creativelyfertile.blogspot.com/

29Your Favourite Advertisements - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Favourite Advertisements Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:27 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

the most hilarious
VICCO

30Your Favourite Advertisements - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Favourite Advertisements Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:58 pm

Azeron

Uprising Member
Uprising Member

AXE Inxtinct!!
Too cool! Very Happy

http://www.bloodhound94.blogspot.com

31Your Favourite Advertisements - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Favourite Advertisements Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:10 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

the Jaago re add where the guy asks the politician for his qualifications

32Your Favourite Advertisements - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Favourite Advertisements Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:34 pm

yuki

yuki

u guys seen a dairy milk ad with a chimpanzee singing a westlife(total eclipse of the heart) song? o.o

33Your Favourite Advertisements - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Favourite Advertisements Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:44 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

@yuki no
the only diary milk add here is the crap bournville and kitna maza aaye re
+the one with the mozrt eexplodin choco head thingy

34Your Favourite Advertisements - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Favourite Advertisements Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:14 pm

yuki

yuki

@ jin :oh yeah..i remember tht ad..i really liked the song..i know only the mallu version thou ^^

35Your Favourite Advertisements - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Favourite Advertisements Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:44 pm

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

I love that ad for that Vests-and-Briefs-For-Men company where all the men go soft and the women start taking control and then one man who was being chased by a gang of biker women runs into a temple and asks god to help him defend his... "honor" like in those stereotype 80's hindi movies. And then God gives him the 'Brand ?' vest and he goes back to them and are not afraid of them anymore. I liked the scene where a guy brings tea to his suitor(...only it a girl who's come to seek alliance with the guy) and then he's like shy and sh!t.
Youtube Link
FUNNY AS HELL! THE ENDING IS THE FRIKKIN CHERRY ON TOP! i love the ending the best!
[Thanks to AMP who told me that "BRAND?" was MACHO]

@Yuki: I had seen an ancient UK advert for STARBURST SOURS ... the candy. It had an asian family celebrating a little child's birthday or something in a restaurant and then this guy shows up and pops a STARTBURST SOUR in his mouth before he goes and looks at the baby. But it's so SOUR that his face is all weird like coz of the candy. And the baby cries and the parents beat him up coz they think he's trying to scare the baby. it's kinda funny. Actually the only other UK adverts I've seen are:
1. Grahams' Cinnamon Sticks
2. Asda (funny thing they do slapping their hips when an Asda employee sees another. funny!)
Thanks to Thampy(a friend of Jin and mine) who lives in UK. he used to video tape anime (DIGIMON.... yes, I used to like WERE-GARURUMON back when I was in 8th class. FYI; Digimon had not reached CN India till around the time I was in 10th or 11th class EAT THAT!) for me and Jin. Maybe I still have the damn thing somewhere....*goes looking for the VHS tape*

36Your Favourite Advertisements - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Favourite Advertisements Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:16 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

the marijuana kills add from harold and kumar is freakin hilarious!

37Your Favourite Advertisements - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Favourite Advertisements Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:52 am

Omkar

Omkar

The recent Hindustan Times ads especially ones with railway crossing and child labour. Loveeee it!

38Your Favourite Advertisements - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Favourite Advertisements Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:04 pm

Ithil

Ithil
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

Which was the one with the shiny-toothed cow? Happydent White? I liked that one. (The one with whazzername actress is silly.)

Yet another stupid health drink ad: Complan. "So give your child the power of Complan thrice a day and see him/her grow twice as fast." That is so incredibly unscientific. Or did they mean horizontally rather than vertically?

39Your Favourite Advertisements - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Favourite Advertisements Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:40 pm

Omkar

Omkar

Ithil wrote:Which was the one with the shiny-toothed cow? Happydent White? I liked that one.

Lol! I love that ad too! "Vite vite, orbit vite" became a rage after that! Your Favourite Advertisements - Page 2 Icon_lol

40Your Favourite Advertisements - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Favourite Advertisements Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:18 am

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

Topic split and sent to Colesseum.

41Your Favourite Advertisements - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Favourite Advertisements Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:55 pm

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

Just yesterday, I saw this ad for Alpenliebe Creamfills where a wildlife photographer takes pictures of lions and then they turn on the radio and start dancing to a marathi(?) song.
Made me laugh my head off.
It reminded me of the Rangeen Panda ads for Gems. It was mildly funny but I liked the Creamfills ad better.

42Your Favourite Advertisements - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Favourite Advertisements Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:32 pm

kyo

kyo

Amul billboards RULE!! I wanna see em again!! Cant wait to get back home.... I hope my prof lets me come!!

43Your Favourite Advertisements - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Favourite Advertisements Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:16 pm

Ithil

Ithil
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

kyo wrote:Amul billboards RULE!! I wanna see em again!!
If online can substitute for the real thing:

http://www.amul.com/hits.html

All of 'em, from 1976! With the context mentioned!

44Your Favourite Advertisements - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Favourite Advertisements Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:43 pm

I like this Samsung washing machine advertisement. It comes in the United States. I've tried to find it online, but I can't ><

But I really really like that advertisement. Too bad no one knows what I'm talkign about ^^;

45Your Favourite Advertisements - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Favourite Advertisements Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:55 pm

kyo

kyo

Sweet!! Thanks ithil....

The other Adverts I miss from India are the Fevicol ones... those were often really good...

46Your Favourite Advertisements - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Favourite Advertisements Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:01 am

Arr0wHeaD

Arr0wHeaD
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Seen the New Singing 'Docomo' Ad?

Most annoying thing ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVSy1dbU9GM

Makes me want to drive over something fragile in a Monster Truck.

https://amalganation.forumotion.net

47Your Favourite Advertisements - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Favourite Advertisements Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:35 pm

MayFlower

MayFlower

Arr0wHeaD wrote:Seen the New Singing 'Docomo' Ad?

*Nods head in agreement*
I don't understand what's wrong with the ad-makers these days?

And yes Amul bill-boards rule!Thanks for the link ithil.
I encounter atleast 2 such bill-boards on my way to college.
The last I saw they had put up 'Bake up Sid!'.....xD

http://musingsofamaiden.blogspot.com/

48Your Favourite Advertisements - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Favourite Advertisements Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:54 pm

Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin

Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

Seen the New Singing 'Docomo' Ad?

yup...truly...I might just do that one of these days...

At present, my favourite ads are probably the Vodafone pug's Happy To Help ads...I actually bought a Vodafone card for the pug, can you believe it (yeah, go on, laugh at me if you like...I can be moronic sometimes). When it comes to old ads, I used to really like these two Nokia ads - one of them was this Nokia 3220; New phone everyday thing and the other was Nokia's L'Amour collection ad...it's still my favorite phone, just for it's design though, nothing else...

oh and btw: "chinky" is a derogatory term?

Yes, Redwolf, you better not go around saying it anymore...the Chinese react violently to it and as for the Japanese, well, they'll be offended enough to not talk to you again.

49Your Favourite Advertisements - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Favourite Advertisements Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:27 am

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

yup the docomo tune is annoyin now
even my roommates start singin that and making wierd o ae a o sounds!

the new fevicol add with the moustache girl is kinda funny!

50Your Favourite Advertisements - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Favourite Advertisements Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:24 pm

Artemis93

Artemis93
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

^ exactly>>> in my class...the guys start singing it out of the blue -.-

oh and I really like the Fevicol ads =))
they are simple, meaningful and are a li'l funny Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum