AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

SCARRIEST GAME U EVER PLAYED!!!

+4
kyo
Ampitup
Jin
Andreas
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1SCARRIEST GAME U EVER PLAYED!!! Empty SCARRIEST GAME U EVER PLAYED!!! Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:08 am

Andreas

Andreas
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

Well i can't say i am really into video games now, but i used to play a lot some time ago....
I didn't play many scary games and after reaching the first one i quit....i am a chicken!!!!

The first-last "scary" game i played was HALO!!!! I enjoyed playing it, but not alone...i know it's not that scary now, but at that time for me was awful...ewww...
Lately i heard of FATAL FRAME....i got curious and wanted to play it...nahh just get a lil curageous and not b a wimp....goood... aha youtube...trailer...after a few minutes of watching i got crazy at the first creepy scene i jumped off my chair...and said that's it ...enough scary stuff for me.....

Well i also heard Silent Hill is a good-to-scare-the-hell-out-of-you game...but honestly i admit and give up to these games....gonna stick to Need for Speed (my all-time fav)..

Wat's your fav scary game guys? And y do u like playing these kinda games?

2SCARRIEST GAME U EVER PLAYED!!! Empty Re: SCARRIEST GAME U EVER PLAYED!!! Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:46 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

well the scariest game ive ever played would be half life
-_-
havent played many games

3SCARRIEST GAME U EVER PLAYED!!! Empty Re: SCARRIEST GAME U EVER PLAYED!!! Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:14 pm

Ampitup

Ampitup

Haha Fatal Frame is really scary. If the silence during gameplay won't kill ya then the sudden sound effects and cut scenes or appearance of ghosts will do the trick

4SCARRIEST GAME U EVER PLAYED!!! Empty Re: SCARRIEST GAME U EVER PLAYED!!! Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:41 am

kyo

kyo

Havent really played games in a while.... but of the ones I have played.... Silent Hill was by far the scariest.... but that was some years ago.... pretty sure someone must have trumped Silent Hill by now...(in terms of scariness)....

5SCARRIEST GAME U EVER PLAYED!!! Empty Re: SCARRIEST GAME U EVER PLAYED!!! Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:09 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

try Hotel 626
but search about it before playin it!
coz maybe it can be a bit too scary!

6SCARRIEST GAME U EVER PLAYED!!! Empty Re: SCARRIEST GAME U EVER PLAYED!!! Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:28 pm

heavealie

Uprising Member
Uprising Member

ohh the list of scary games that i have played is longggggg-half life was scary yup but one of the greatest games ever made,silent hill was k,condemned was scary as hell,f.e.a.r and f.e.a.r 2 both were legendaryyyyyy and the list goes on and on.

http://heavealie.blogspot.com/

7SCARRIEST GAME U EVER PLAYED!!! Empty Re: SCARRIEST GAME U EVER PLAYED!!! Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:09 pm

leon

leon
INACTIVE MEMBER!
INACTIVE MEMBER!

frankly i can't say i played the whole game but i played some of Dead
Space
on my friends x-box 360 and frankly its very scary when you play
it when you are alone or may be when there is only 1 person around in
another room.The ai of the monstetrs makes them even more scary sine
even after downing them they can move and attach with only a limb left(very scary when you think you got them and move on, since they pop out from behind and scare the pants off you)SCARRIEST GAME U EVER PLAYED!!! Icon_rolleyes

8SCARRIEST GAME U EVER PLAYED!!! Empty Re: SCARRIEST GAME U EVER PLAYED!!! Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:39 am

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

kyo wrote:.... Silent Hill was by far the scariest...

True.
Haven't played much from the genre but I'm trying out Survival Horror.
Between Resident Evil and Silent Hill, I'd say SILENT HILL!

Resident Evil gives you shock horror by putting you in crazyass situations where monsters jump you or grab you from behind. That's it. After sometime you get used to it. The music is boring and very monotonous. It's the kind you get used to and get bored of very quick. The boss fights are very challenging though. Good game. Voice acting sucks though. On the whole, it's the equivalent of watching a Robert Rodriguez minus the voluptuous blonde.

Silent Hill on the other hand gives you a more complete horror experience. Instead of shock horror with insane monsters, the people at Konami gave their game dumb monsters. Come on, I'll give you a list;
Teddy Bears, Rabid Dogs, Pterodactyls, Yeti (yes, the Yeti)
And the bosses are even worse.
But what makes Silent Hill better is the ambiance. The environments, the sirens going off in the background, the music, everything is scary, EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE BADDIES!!! You get scared shitless playing this alone in a dark room just walking around the eerie town. It's old but I love it! CRAPPY Voice Acting is the only flaw I see in this game. Much crappier than Resident Evil.
(I have developed a phobia for sirens from playing this game)
This game is scary even for an ancient game.
Though I hear F.E.A.R is even more scarier.
I haven't played it yet.

kyo wrote:... pretty sure someone must have trumped Silent Hill by now...(in terms of scariness)....
I would have, but I couldn't.

9SCARRIEST GAME U EVER PLAYED!!! Empty Re: SCARRIEST GAME U EVER PLAYED!!! Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:48 pm

I like the point you touched upon about Shock horror.. It's easier to make a shock horror game.. it's equivalent to somebody putting a plastic bag on their heads and waiting behind a door or something, and when the victim comes near you spring out and shout 'BOO'

That's shock horror.. Games like Silent Hill and FEAR are built on suspense, and that's why I like them so much. It's much more difficult to build up suspense.

10SCARRIEST GAME U EVER PLAYED!!! Empty Re: SCARRIEST GAME U EVER PLAYED!!! Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:31 am

Selenium_Glow

Selenium_Glow
INACTIVE MEMBER!
INACTIVE MEMBER!

Hmm...

1> System Shock 2
2> Doom 3
3> F.E.A.R II

Silent Hill somehow didn't scare me though I agree it was scary...

http://seleniums-world.blogspot.com

11SCARRIEST GAME U EVER PLAYED!!! Empty Re: SCARRIEST GAME U EVER PLAYED!!! Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:11 am

LOL you have to watch this!
It's made by Yahtzee, that fast talking game reviewer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIEsveoTELY&feature=player_embedded

12SCARRIEST GAME U EVER PLAYED!!! Empty Re: SCARRIEST GAME U EVER PLAYED!!! Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:38 pm

Fatal Frame 3 - The Tormented <

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum