AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dog Days (TV)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dog Days (TV) Empty Dog Days (TV) Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:34 pm

Ampitup

Ampitup

Genres: adventure, fantasy
Themes: acrobatics, catgirls, dog girls, fanservice, other world

Plot Summary: In the land of Fronaldo, the Republic of Biscotti has been aggressively attacked by the Lion Kingdom of Galette. Facing potential defeat, Princess Millhiore summons a hero who can save the country. What she gets is Izumi Shinku, a middle-school boy from Japan. Awaiting him in Fronaldo is the task of becoming hero enough to defeat his enemies while learning the peculiar rules of battle in this strange new world.

Dog Days is a funny series. It starts off in a ridiculous way and manages to keep that up till the end. The main protagonist is a very athletic kid who usually throws something up into the air, jumps high, does a 180 flip, lands and catches the object. Also, he is a very hyper kid who gets excited when it comes to training and literally drools at the dream of having a huge ground where he can practice alone. He gets summoned by a princess who has dog-like ears and a tail. The land of Flonyard is impressive with wars being waged in a non-lethal fashion. Irrespective of how you get hit, the KO results in people turning into animal furballs. When you regain your stamina, you change back. War is funny and comprises of obstacle crossing and such which easily reminds you of Takeshi’s Castle. The other side is filled with cat-like people and thanks to a lot of magical power residing in the land, wars usually don’t involve death. Having said that, places outside these cities are dangerous because you can seriously get hurt. Since the power doesn’t flow through there, the monsters residing in the forests with no apparent form can harm and even kill you.
One thing you’ll notice while watching the series is a character named Brioche d’Arquien. Her speech and mannerisms remind you of Himura Kenshin. She’s extremely skilled and polite just like Kenshin with the usage of ‘de gozaru’ while speaking. There are certain elements of fan service as well >_>
A funny scene in episode 3 has the protagonist trying to accept the fact that he cannot go back to his own world and so he starts to complain about how he didn’t have a say in the summoning. At this very moment the dog that did the honours, Tatsumaki, summons a smaller circle which has text that translates to – Warning: This is a Hero summoning. You will have no way to return after being summoned. If you are going to decline, please do not step on this seal; the protagonist sulks and retaliates with a, ‘How was I supposed to figure that out?’

It is an enjoyable series if you’re looking for something to laugh at along with magical action and random power-ups. The fights are good and humour is kept intact at all times. With the usual 13 episodes, what more can you ask for?
Spoiler:

2Dog Days (TV) Empty Re: Dog Days (TV) Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:21 pm

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

13 episodes, cat girls, dog girls and fan-service.

Didn't bother to read the rest.
Sign me up, Ampo! = )

Come December, it's Dog Days every day!

EDIT:

Dog Days (TV) 1zezdiu

...erm... why does this look kiddish?
And the guy's got a staff like Goku's...
I'm having second thoughts... CONVINCE ME, AMP!!!

Last edited by Red on Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:23 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : second thoughs...)

3Dog Days (TV) Empty Re: Dog Days (TV) Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:43 pm

Ampitup

Ampitup

It IS kiddish red. That much should be obvious from the line where it says knocked out people turn into furballs and that most of it looks like Takeshi's castle version of an obstacle course. Its basically harmless fun until the final episodes where things get a little bit serious.

4Dog Days (TV) Empty Re: Dog Days (TV) Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:23 pm

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

= (

So much for cat girls and dog girls and fan service... T_T

-series DROPPED-

5Dog Days (TV) Empty Re: Dog Days (TV) Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:27 pm

Ampitup

Ampitup

Didja try Ikki Tousen? I hear its ecchi and has fan-service (I think).

6Dog Days (TV) Empty Re: Dog Days (TV) Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:28 pm

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

Already on it. I had bookmarked the new installment; Dreamscapes, for later download. Might as well do it now.
I'm replacing my old rmvb files of the original series with with new dual audio mkv files too.
Thanks, AMP!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]