AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Portal

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Portal Empty Portal Tue May 03, 2011 6:59 pm

Arr0wHeaD

Arr0wHeaD
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, I present to you a thread that I have waited way too long in making.
It's one of the most brilliant games I have ever played, a definite entry on my top 5 list.

Portal

Portal 256px-Portal_standalonebox

I'll let wiki give you a little intro-

Portal is a single-player puzzle-platform video game developed by Valve Corporation. The game was released in a bundle package called The Orange Box for Microsoft Windows and Xbox 360...

...The game consists primarily of a series of puzzles that must be solved by teleporting the player's character and simple objects using the Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device (dubbed the "portal gun"), a device that can create inter-spatial portals between flat planes. The player-character, Chell, is challenged by an artificial intelligence named GLaDOS (Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System) to complete each puzzle in the Aperture Science Enrichment Center using the portal gun with the promise of receiving cake when all the puzzles are completed.

Portal Portalgame
Screenshot from level 17 of Portal. The player is holding the portal gun. The orange and blue portals are both open. The typical game environment can be seen. The Weighted Companion Cube which is covered in six hearts (you can only see two) is unique to this level.

Portal Portal_Chell

Chell- The main character of the game. Note how, unlike most female characters in video games, she isn't over-sexualized with a huge chest and an affinity for leather catsuits.

The main idea is pretty simple.
Shoot left click once at a wall, and a blue portal appears.
Shoot right click at a wall and an orange portal appears.

Walk into one portal, and you'll come out the other.

Simple concept, but it's used SO WELL to pass all kinds of crazy obstacles in several levels.
And not just the concept-

The Storyline, the voice acting and the attention to detail is what makes this game so stunning. It's spawned more memes than most of us know, from the popular ones 'The cake is a Lie' and 'Companion Cube loves you'
to the more rare Portal Rule3-...maybe I shouldn't mention that one...

The ending is brilliant, especially for the song at the end.

In short- This won game of the year 2008 for a reason. I recommend it to all gamers. Especially now since the sequel is coming out for PC in a few days!

https://amalganation.forumotion.net

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]