AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Portal

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Portal Empty Portal Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:06 am

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

This is the one place which really gives a first and big impression about our forum. Cuz when you type www.amalganation.forumotion.com or Google amalganation, the portal link is what you get.

Right now, I have put in minimal stuff. Im working on changing those blue bars. Yes, I know they are irritating >.<

I put up a new chatango chat box. It way better than our default one and I'm trying to see if we can stuff one in the place of the old one. No this is not at all attached to the Official Animax Chatango CB. This is our own separate one. Meaning? You don't get banned for swearing. Unless I find it a little too drastic. In which case, I'll just ban you temporarily. xD

Apart from that, I need some opinions about what else to put in. If you guys come across any fancy Widget that might make our portal look swanky, just tell me about it here.

And give some ideas on what to have and what not to.

2Portal Empty Re: Portal Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:15 pm

Omkar

Omkar

Temp ban for swearing? WTF? I guess you should've baseball rules.
One swear- strike one. - rep points.
Two swears- strike two. Warning.
Three swears- Out. Banned.
Dontcha think that's better?

http://creativelyfertile.blogspot.com/

3Portal Empty Re: Portal Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:22 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

um....you misunderstood me. I don't ban like that for swearing. Now, I don't want to explicitly explain under which circumstances I will ban anyone.

By ban, I meant from the Chat Box. I can restrict you from entering the Chat Box. If that wont stop someone from abusing freely, then I temp ban them from the forum.

And I cant mess with anyone's Rep points. Unlike for points, where I can add or subtract points, rep is something Admins cant touch in the ACP. I'll just run around giving you a fixed number of Negative reps, I suppose.

So, the usual bad words can be used, but TRY to restrict their usage. I think the chat box itself has an auto 10 minute ban for certain things. Kyo was a victim of THAT temp ban long ago.

;-P

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]