AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Samurai X - Ruronin Kenshin

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Samurai X - Ruronin Kenshin Empty Samurai X - Ruronin Kenshin Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:10 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

The story of Rurouni Kenshin takes place during the early Meiji period in Japan. It tells the story of a peaceful wanderer named Himura Kenshin, formerly known as the assassin "Hitokiri Battōsai". After participating during the Bakumatsu war, Kenshin wanders the countryside of Japan offering protection and aid to those in need as atonement for the murders he once committed as an assassin. When arriving in Tokyo, he meets a young woman named Kamiya Kaoru, who was in the middle of a fight with a murderer who claims to be the Hitokiri Battōsai from her swordmanship school. Kenshin decides to help her and defeats the fake Battōsai. After discovering that Kenshin is the real Battōsai, she offers him a place stay at her dojo as she notes Kenshin is a gentle person instead. Kenshin accepts and begins to establish lifelong relationships with many people such as Sagara Sanosuke, a former Sekihō Army member, Myōjin Yahiko, an orphan from a samurai family, and a doctor named Takani Megumi.

AN EPIC MANGA!

This is as famous as Naruto, Cmon! Don't tell me you haven't heard of this Epitome of Epic-ness!

2Samurai X - Ruronin Kenshin Empty Re: Samurai X - Ruronin Kenshin Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:35 am

kyo

kyo

This is as famous as Naruto, Cmon!

Watch your mouth!! Dont insult this treasure by comparing it to anything!! If I ever make enough money, I will happily finance the animation of the entire manga as is... not that the current animated version is bad or anything... its just that awesome... (although Kyo is still cooler than Kenshin IMO Razz)

3Samurai X - Ruronin Kenshin Empty Re: Samurai X - Ruronin Kenshin Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:25 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

Sorry Kyo. No insult meant to the manga. Samurai X is awesome. Point taken. But, man, Samurai Deeper Kyo can't be better than this! Among the Saumrai Manga, I'd say Samurai Champloo and and Ruroni Kenshin are the best. (Among those I've read.)

4Samurai X - Ruronin Kenshin Empty Re: Samurai X - Ruronin Kenshin Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:31 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

This is as famous as Naruto, Cmon!

well its better but not as famous

5Samurai X - Ruronin Kenshin Empty Re: Samurai X - Ruronin Kenshin Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:07 am

kyo

kyo

I meant the character by himself i.e. Kyo Vs Kenshin... in a straight up battle for coolness... I am the first one to admit that SDK isnt really a great series... but it has by far some of the best characters...

6Samurai X - Ruronin Kenshin Empty Re: Samurai X - Ruronin Kenshin Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:05 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

battusai beats anyone anytime in anythin

7Samurai X - Ruronin Kenshin Empty Re: Samurai X - Ruronin Kenshin Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:50 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

I missed out on Blade of the Immortal - till date I've liked that the most. Best Samurai Manga I've read till date. Everything except the fact that he is Immortal gives the Manga a realistic feeling.

I'm liking BOTI a lot right now. On the 17th Volume right now. I like the art style a lot.

8Samurai X - Ruronin Kenshin Empty Re: Samurai X - Ruronin Kenshin Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:32 am

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

its good but vagabond,lone wolf and cub, samurai executioner etc pawns all in samurai mangas

9Samurai X - Ruronin Kenshin Empty Re: Samurai X - Ruronin Kenshin Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:50 am

kyo

kyo

Lone Wolf and Cub, Samurai Executioner, Vagabond, Tokko etc are indeed good... but I cant compare them to these manga (SamX SDK etc) Its just not the same... artwork is totally different... target-audience/genre is different...

10Samurai X - Ruronin Kenshin Empty Re: Samurai X - Ruronin Kenshin Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:53 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

well i forgot to add shigurui sorry my mistake

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum