AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

IPL 3

+3
kyo
Red
Omkar
7 posters

Who'll win IPL 3?

IPL 3 Vote_lcap67%IPL 3 Vote_rcap 67% [ 2 ]
IPL 3 Vote_lcap0%IPL 3 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
IPL 3 Vote_lcap33%IPL 3 Vote_rcap 33% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1IPL 3 Empty IPL 3 Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:50 am

Omkar

Omkar

First post in the brand new thread!
Let's talk about the flavour of the season- Indian Premier League in its third season. As of now, Mumbai Indians have reached to the semis with as many as 6 teams posing equal threat to each other to occupy other 3 berths. Let the discussion rage. Who's better- Jacques Kallis vs Sachin Tendulkar, Steyn vs Warne; who's hotter- Shilpa Shetty or Priety Zinta or Nita Ambani(....hahahahaha! Just couldn't say that with a straight face), what's worth watching more- Pathan's toweing sixes or cheerleaders wiggles? Oh just go on! Its a never a dearth of topics here.

http://creativelyfertile.blogspot.com/

2IPL 3 Empty Re: IPL 3 Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:02 am

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

I hate cricket!

Having said that, I like to say support 2 teams:
1. KKR : As I'm an SRK fan. read the MY NAME IS KHAN thread for more on that
2. DECCAN CHARGERS : As they had the best cheerleaders in IPL 1.

My Exact Thoughts on IPL in general:
-I don't want any team to win.
-I hope they all die leaving me with ownership over all the cheerleader.
-I think IPL is more entertainment than a gentleman's game.
-Cricket was never my cup of cheeseburger. IPL isn't either.
-Even if there was an IPL team from my hometown, I'd probably root for the RedSox.

I had to say something, so I posted.
Feel free to flame/ignore/delete.

3IPL 3 Empty Re: IPL 3 Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:15 am

kyo

kyo

I love cricket... but I dont have any special affection for the IPL even though I have tried (and failed) to watch it on many occasions... as Red said... its not really sport... its entertainment...

Its mostly because my favorite format of the game is the 5 day test followed by the ODI... 20-20 is not my favorite format...

That said... I still love to see the highlights on Youtube and I support the Mumbai and Rajasthan teams... Mumbai cause thats where I live... and Rajasthan cause thats where my ancestral hometown is...

4IPL 3 Empty Re: IPL 3 Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:59 pm

Arr0wHeaD

Arr0wHeaD
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

I frankly dislike cricket.
But I enjoy watching IPL matches.

It's like a condensed version of a One-Day match. (5 Day test matches seem like an almost CRIMINAL waste of time, IMO)

@Red, Rajasthan had the BEST cheerleaders in IPL 1. No contest there whatsoever.

Anyway, on to the current season-

Crazy controversies abound on the IT departments raid of the IPL HQ, checking to see where exactly they get their cash from. Do you guys think this might be a big enough setback to spell the end of the Tournament?

And New teams next year (assuming there IS an IPL 4) Pune and Kochi, which'll make me split my loyalties between Mumbai(My Hood) and Kochi (Ancestral Home)

https://amalganation.forumotion.net

5IPL 3 Empty Re: IPL 3 Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:16 pm

Omkar

Omkar

WTF?? Chennai won. Goddamn! Mumbai did soooo many blunders yesterday. And every blunder was punished so hard. Main one being that of Dinesh Karthik's dropped catch in two overs consecutively. And after every dropped catch, he exploded into spate of fours and sixes.
It wasn't bad luck but total STUPIDITY from Mumbai. Damn them.

http://creativelyfertile.blogspot.com/

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

Arr0wHeaD wrote:
@Red, Rajasthan had the BEST cheerleaders in IPL 1. No contest there whatsoever.
YES CONTEST!!..??
I mean sure, Rajasthan Royals' Cheelleaders had skimpy outfits,... that resembled blue spandex undies... panties,.... whatever and a super tight blue top but the Deccan girls,... my oh my...
I'll list:
-They had blonds, brunettes and EVEN REDHEADS!!! As far as I had checked, no other team had redheads!(I wasn't a regular viewer, mind you) But I hadn't seen any ebony in Deccacn... racist? Ebony's good too. (see also BABY GOT BACK) And the redhead, I saw her only once... T_T (wasn't a regular viewer)
-Their costume was mad!
+A super tight white blouse/top, the kind you wanna pour water on so that you could see... ehm! *cough* what?
+Checkered miniskirts!!! Oh yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Like the ones Japanese schoolgirls wear, only SHORTER! Jump my pretties! dance for me!
-All their girls had huge racks. They were also plump and bootylicious. All of them! Can you say VOLUPTUOUS???
The voluptuousness compounded with the skimpy bad-girl outfit,.. I'd call that BLISSS!!! (with three "S")

But Rajasthan had a majority of blonds and they were all skinny. I like 'em round and juicy, thank you. Well, I guess it is a matter of personal preferences after all, eh?

Knightriders had good Cheergirl Costumes for the first couple of games and then they changed it to cover them from head to toe(goddamn moral issue piece of crap activists!!),... which was still pretty good too. Gold and black,.. hm...*yum yum*
Malliya's White Mischief girls were nice too. *BROAD SMILE*
[All the above was on IPL Season 1]

I sure hope May and her Women's Liberation Front wont read this! Please don't kill me!

Arr0wHeaD wrote:
Crazy controversies abound on the IT departments raid of the IPL HQ, checking to see where exactly they get their cash from. Do you guys think this might be a big enough setback to spell the end of the Tournament?
Bah!
Everyone knew it from the beginning that the owners were all using IPL as an excuse to change black money to white.
The betting/gambling thing was pretty weak coz if they had planned out everything, ie, wins and losses, beforehand,... they'd just crush the hearts of the fans. All those loyal supporters who cheered them on,... well, when proven, I won't be surprised if there were riots. (is it proven already?)
Yes, the banning(DO IT! DO IT!) of IPL will be a huge setback as it's still cricket after all,... in a sort of obscure, remote, weird way,... kinda and cricket is the nation's favorite passtime. People will be sad and bored again. They'll have to go back to watching reality shows and saas-bahu soaps and... it's a sad thing, yes.

Arr0wHeaD wrote:
And New teams next year (assuming there IS an IPL 4) Pune and Kochi, which'll make me split my loyalties between Mumbai(My Hood) and Kochi (Ancestral Home)
There'll be IPL.
They'll either run it with somebody else on top other than Modi (kinda certain now, eh?) or Lalu will make it PUBLIC SECTOR! MWAHAHAHAHHAH!
When made public sector and under the Goverment,...
-A short "vande matharam" or "jai hind" will be heard from time to time instead of the IPL trumpet.
-Cheerleaders would wear saree/salwar-kameez/bharathnatyam costumes... and that would be pretty RAD! Nice!

Anyways, speaking of the Kochi team,... if Sreesanth is in it, I'll start an anti-Kochi team league with Sarath Powar and his lackeys.
I wonder what the team name will be though.... Kochi Coconut Heads! Kochi LungiPower! I wonder...

omkardaone wrote:WTF?? Chennai won. Goddamn! Mumbai did soooo many blunders yesterday. And every blunder was punished so hard. Main one being that of Dinesh Karthik's dropped catch in two overs consecutively. And after every dropped catch, he exploded into spate of fours and sixes.
It wasn't bad luck but total STUPIDITY from Mumbai. Damn them.
Not that I care, but you wont admit that Chennai was a better team that night and they played a better game?
LOL, fans.

7IPL 3 Empty Re: IPL 3 Fri May 14, 2010 8:07 pm

Rukawa_Kaede

Rukawa_Kaede

Red wrote:
Arr0wHeaD wrote:
YES CONTEST!!..??
I mean sure, Rajasthan Royals' Cheelleaders had skimpy outfits,... that resembled blue spandex undies... panties,.... whatever and a super tight blue top but the Deccan girls,... my oh my...
I'll list:
-They had blonds, brunettes and EVEN REDHEADS!!! As far as I had checked, no other team had redheads!(I wasn't a regular viewer, mind you) But I hadn't seen any ebony in Deccacn... racist? Ebony's good too. (see also BABY GOT BACK) And the redhead, I saw her only once... T_T (wasn't a regular viewer)
-Their costume was mad!
+A super tight white blouse/top, the kind you wanna pour water on so that you could see... ehm! *cough* what?
+Checkered miniskirts!!! Oh yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Like the ones Japanese schoolgirls wear, only SHORTER! Jump my pretties! dance for me!
-All their girls had huge racks. They were also plump and bootylicious. All of them! Can you say VOLUPTUOUS???
The voluptuousness compounded with the skimpy bad-girl outfit,.. I'd call that BLISSS!!! (with three "S")

But Rajasthan had a majority of blonds and they were all skinny. I like 'em round and juicy, thank you. Well, I guess it is a matter of personal preferences after all, eh?

Knightriders had good Cheergirl Costumes for the first couple of games and then they changed it to cover them from head to toe(goddamn moral issue piece of crap activists!!),... which was still pretty good too. Gold and black,.. hm...*yum yum*
Malliya's White Mischief girls were nice too. *BROAD SMILE*
[All the above was on IPL Season 1]

I sure hope May and her Women's Liberation Front wont read this! Please don't kill me!

Someone will never ever lose interest in his cheerleaders eh?

Well in the semifinals? DC vs Chennai, after the first inning I got all worked up, thinking we'd win for sure. In the end, Chennai made wicket after wicket.
We sucked. Some people think DC was sold, or at least Gilly was. Me? I'm a true fan ^_^V
I say we sucked. :-P

8IPL 3 Empty Re: IPL 3 Sun May 16, 2010 1:07 pm

Detective_Ryukai

Detective_Ryukai

*nods head in agreement with Rukawa* Yeah, we just sucked, we never were sold Razz

9IPL 3 Empty Re: IPL 3 Sun May 16, 2010 4:59 pm

Rukawa_Kaede

Rukawa_Kaede

@ Ryukai: Whiskey(Some guy in me class) and I were chatting through the first inning because the TV was occupied in both of our cases...(Damn those soaps)
This is how our convo went.
Me: Aah, Whiskey my friend, Chennai is giving us a poor performance. Not fit for the semi finals.
Whiskey: I must agree, you do know why Chennai is giving us this right?
Me: Because Dhoni loves Gilly!!!
Whiskey: That. And something else.
Me: What?
Whiskey: They ate sambar before it. Now they have lose motions. So they're trying to get out as quickly as possible.

---=After match is over=---
Me: :O
Whiskey :O
Me:Wow.
Whiskey: What happened to the lose motions?
Me: The glucose in the sambar must have got activated now. Cheaters.

10IPL 3 Empty Re: IPL 3 Sun May 16, 2010 10:53 pm

Detective_Ryukai

Detective_Ryukai

Lolx that was funny! why didn't you tell me about that?i just heard the glucose bit Razz

11IPL 3 Empty Re: IPL 3 Sun May 16, 2010 11:12 pm

Rukawa_Kaede

Rukawa_Kaede

Me thought everyone knew :\ We joke about it in class a lot

12IPL 3 Empty Re: IPL 3 Fri May 21, 2010 7:09 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

bummer
korbo lorbo jetbo re!
Very Happy

13IPL 3 Empty Re: IPL 3 Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:19 pm

Rukawa_Kaede

Rukawa_Kaede

Whats that supposed to mean? :\

14IPL 3 Empty Re: IPL 3 Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:16 pm

Detective_Ryukai

Detective_Ryukai

That is the KKR slogan >.< Bleah....it means, we will act, we will fight, we will win (hasn't happened yet though)

15IPL 3 Empty Re: IPL 3 Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:58 pm

Rukawa_Kaede

Rukawa_Kaede

KKR? Che. I hate the whole lot of 'em. I mean, after IPL2, it was a huge pain! The way people thought they spotted some amazing pattern (After only TWO goddam leagues) and decided that KKR would win this season(IPL3) just because DC sucked IPL1 and rocked IPL2. Well atleast no one'll be popping up with idiotic patterns for a while now.

16IPL 3 Empty Re: IPL 3 Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:49 am

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

Rukawa_Kaede wrote:KKR? Che. I hate the whole lot of 'em. I mean, after IPL2, it was a huge pain!
....WHAT?
Is that CONTEMPT I hear(read) in your words?

KKR is a good team and in some ways even better than that teams that win.
For example: They've clearly got the most popular jersey design and the king of Bollywood owns them.

Besides, after IPL 1 and 2, the team said to have made most profit was NOT Rajasthan Royals or The Deccan Chargers, no. It was KKR. Why?
MERCHANDISE!!!!
They sold a lot more stuff with the KKR sticker on them than any other team.
(sources will NOT be revealed, eat that!)

Sure they have a talented team that fails to deliver. So what?
Nobody cares as long as they rake in more money than everyone else.
At least not me! And I'm a fan!

KORBO LORBO JEETBO RE!

17IPL 3 Empty Re: IPL 3 Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:06 am

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

Kochi Tuskers Kerala

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum