AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Manga News!!!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Manga News!!! Empty Manga News!!! Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:01 am

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

Here, you give us information about new Manga Release Dates, or New Manga coming out. Manga getting licensed or unlicensed and so on.

P.S: This is a general notification thread. To talk about a
series in detail please make a separate thread for it in the
proper forum sub-section.

2Manga News!!! Empty Re: Manga News!!! Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:02 am

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

Highschool of the Dead Manga Gets Anime Green-Lit

As of 2010-02-02

The listing for the March issue of Fujimi Shobo's Monthly Dragon Age magazine on the Seven Net Shopping website states that an anime adaptation of Daisuke Satō and Shoji Sato's Highschool of the Dead manga has been green-lit. The listing also says that the manga will resume in the same issue after a break of more than a year, and it will also adorn the cover. The March issue will ship on February 9. The story follows a group of students and a school nurse who try tosurvive a worldwide plague that has turned people into the living dead.

3Manga News!!! Empty Re: Manga News!!! Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:23 pm

Arr0wHeaD

Arr0wHeaD
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5i2B4CukpM&feature=related

Beck Live action movie (2010) teaser trailer.

Watch it, if you've read the manga, and see how accurate the characters look. It's almost scary how close they've come to the manga.

EDIT- I've also found evidence of a Gantz Live Action movie slated for a 2011 release. If it's even 50% of how gory and smutty the manga is, the japs must be crazy.

https://amalganation.forumotion.net

4Manga News!!! Empty Re: Manga News!!! Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:29 pm

DIE HARD

DIE HARD

The NTV News 25 program and Sports Hochi newspaper report on Thursday that Hiroya Oku's Gantz science-fiction action manga will be adapted into two live-action films starring Kazunari Ninomiya (Tekkonkinkreet, Letters from Iwo Jima) of the Arashi musical group and award-winning actor Ken'ichi Matsuyama (Death Note, Detroit Metal City, NANA, The Legend of Kamui). Shinsuke Sato (The Princess Blade, Suna-dokei, Oblivion Island: Haruka and the Magic Mirror) is directing.

This is the first time that these two well-known actors have worked together. Filming begins next month and is slated to end next April. The two leads have been undergoing training and practicing action sequences. The films will open in the winter and spring of 2011.

The project is budgeted at 4 billion yen (about US$45 million). Addressing the extremely violent nature of the movie, Ninomiya said, "I'm happy with just appearing in a work that I love so much! I'll try my very best to make everyone love it too!" Matsuyama said, "This work has so many original and bold points. I'm going to try to tackle the challenge of this new kind of movie."

Manga News!!! 040-300x230
Manga News!!! 038-192x300

Last edited by DIE HARD on Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://insaneanime.ning.com/

5Manga News!!! Empty Re: Manga News!!! Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:43 pm

DIE HARD

DIE HARD

Yankee-kun to Megane-chan Manga Goes Live Action

In this year’s 13th issue of Kodansha’s Weekly Shonen Magazine it was announced that live action television adaptation of Miki Yoshikawa’s Yankee-kun to Megane-chan manga has been green lit. It was also announced that actor Hiroki Narimiya (Gokusen, Akihabara @ DEEP, NANA) will play Yankee-kun (the delinquent) Daichi Shinagawa, while Riisa Naka (The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Kami no Shizuku) will play Megane-chan or Hana Adachi. The series is set to premiere on April 23.
In Yankee-kun to Megane-chan’s story, class representative Hana goes all out to drag Daichi into school activities and their high school’s social circles. Daichi learns that Hana was secretly a former delinquent herself, and that is why she tries so hard to reform Daichi as well.
Manga News!!! 3-300x300

Live-Action Vampire Hunter D in the works

Canadian horror magazine Rue Morgue reports that author Hideyuki Kikuchi (Vampire Hunter D) is busy working on a live action adaptation of Vampire Hunter D with the producer of the Biohazard video game (Resident Evil in North America), writing a new novel about vampires (Yashakiden), and planning a new Vampire Hunter D anime series in Japan.

So it looks like not only are we getting a live action Vampire Hunter D, but also a new anime series to go along with the live action film.

http://insaneanime.ning.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum