AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Axe-Effect (Non Fiction)

+5
Red
kyo
DIE HARD
Arr0wHeaD
MayFlower
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

1Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) - Page 2 Empty Re: Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:22 pm

MayFlower

MayFlower

First topic message reminder :

RedWOLF wrote:well, for starters i like the AXE advert for AXE: Dark Temptation. it's kinda funny with the chocolate dude walking around letting chicks eat him. i like that permanent smile he has all the time. though i have never even seen one, my sources tell me that the deo SUCKS! apparently, it doesn't smell like chocolate, but COFFEE! the guy had cold when he told me this. i'd trust him.

AARGGHHH I hate that ad.And when I say hate.I mean like H-A-T-E...despise,loathe,abhor,detest.

Girls are mindless zombies or what?

Whenever it comes on tv I feel like chucking something at the screen.

Anyway I love the new Reliance ad starring Hrithik.Man does he look Godly in it or what! Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) - Page 2 Icon_eek Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) - Page 2 Icon_cool
He rules!

http://musingsofamaiden.blogspot.com/

26Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) - Page 2 Empty Re: Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:11 pm

kyo

kyo

The Axe-Effect??? OMG!! ROFL!! ZOMFG!! LMAO!! hahaha..... its obvious... buts its also brilliant... way to go Acey..... but I think this more of an Axe-'side-effect' if you ask me..... LoL

This could be a script for their next ad at this rate.... or maybe they could stretch it into a ruddy miniseries......

*Invites Ace into fallout shelter and offers him popcorn*

27Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) - Page 2 Empty Re: Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:44 am

MayFlower

MayFlower

kyo wrote:Oh... BTW... Its not that I am saying that its cool to have dandruff or smell bad... its not... but I for one just dont like ads which lead the viewer to believe that using a particular product will make them uber-cool and attractive or whatever... its just not true... wont hurt their chances... but exaggeration has its limits...

Thank you for saying this ^^
This is why ads like Axe or Fair-n-Lovely suck like hell.

And Mayflower... no chauvinistic intent here... but when you say that males judge females by looks... its just as true for females... Hrithik is good looking and that is what really matters... his other traits are a bonus no doubt... put it this way... would you rate Rajpal Yadav on the same scale as Hrithik? Mr. Yadav is a terrific comedian and (I assume) hardworking as well. But you dont see women drooling over his posters. Same for other.... less handsome/pretty movie stars....

Of course no one will.When did I say the looks department goes completely ignored?

And Rajpal Yadav is a comic actor.Most of the times he is just there to raise a few good laughs.
So duh which girl would like to think of him in that kind of a light?
Anyway coming back to the topic of Hrithik....you guys make it sound like he is nothing but a dumb pretty boy which he is soooo not.He has got everything going for him.THAT is why he has got such a huge female fan-base.

Yea his dad did launch him but the success of his debut movie solely rests on his shoulders.
Moreover if he had been a good-for-nothing loser with no major talents he too would've ended up with loserly/lame/gay roles like Riteish Deshmukh,Abhishek Bachchan or Tusshar Kapoor.You know the likes.

Take Salman Khan for example....he was like the 7th most good-looking man in the world or something(a few of my class-mates drool over him for some uncanny reason).But do I like him?-hell no.He is one arrogant self-absorbed egoistic brat with an I-can-do-whatever-I-want attitude which pisses me off to no extent.
So guys...personality is the ONE thing that matters the most.To us atleast it does.We don't fall for a guy who just looks good.
Sure,we are attracted but not to the point where we are just gonna go offer our virginity to them on a platter or something.
Looks only help in getting you a decent first impression.

@Arr0w:Damn didn't you detect my bitter tone while I said 'a fair-skinned person is better to look at'?It's the way most GUYS or the society in general thinks.
I was NOT being racist.
(Thanks again Kyo for pointing that out).
How can you even think that?I'm hurt really.

And Arr0w I'm not sure who you picked as your prospective partner there.Halle or Penelope?
If you say Halle..then cheers!Good news for all the dark-skinned women in the world.
Omkar has already made his choice I guess.I am not gonna try to imagine a fair Berry or a dark Penelope.

@Omkar:It IS about gender differences.
Go back a few pages and check out Bagpipes' post where he said 'I haven't met a single guy who doesn't like that ad' or something along these lines(sorry can't quote so many of you)

I think THAT sentence alone proves my point and makes all this arguing kind of useless.

And no I can't just watch that ad and laugh it off.Because first of all it DOES not make me laugh.What am I supposed to do then?swallow some nitrous oxide everytime that ad comes on tv? (sorry pj)
Secondly I'm not someone who approves of casual sex.So...no thanks.If you'd let me I want to hate that stupid Axe ad forever.

@Dylan:I hope the misunderstanding is cleared now.I wasn't implying that I loathe dark-skinned people.(Lol if that woulda been the case I would've hated my dad first)
My best friend herself is dark-complexioned.
So duh!
I was trying to sound like the representative of a society obsessed with fairness.

@Ace:I got one question for you.Do you like the ad or hate it?Just be clear about your views.

@RedWOLF:What gave you the idea that you were trolling?If anyone is to be accused of that....it should be ME.
Personally I liked few points about your argument.Especially the part where you mentioned 'sex sells'.
True...I can't agree more.I didn't +1 rep you for nothing.

To conclude I'd say...

I hate the Axe ad because....

1.)it's dumb-spraying yourself with a deo doesn't turn you into a sex God
2.)it's sexist and portrays women in a negative light-we don't pounce on guys who just smell good
3.)that dude smeared with chocolate freaks me out

That's it.No more posts in here.
I'm freakin' tired of this discussion now.
All of you like the ad....fine.
I,on the contrary,hate it...why can't you guys be fine with it too?

P.S:About the book I read-it's When It Happens by Susane Colasanti.It's shit.I was gonna sue the author anyway for wasting my time....
Why make a big deal about the the 5 or 52-sec thing anyway?It's already a proven a fact that men are way more obsessed with sex than women.

28Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) - Page 2 Empty Re: Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:26 am

kyo

kyo

To us at least it does.We don't fall for a guy who just looks good.
Sure,we are attracted but not to the point where we are just gonna go offer our virginity to them on a platter or something.
Looks only help in getting you a decent first impression.

Sigh.... this is entirely the problem.... getting past that 1st impression... Kris would often tell me how she still couldn't figure out why we ended up dating... but yeah... I know that personality counts as a big factor... but its the initial 'greasing-of-the-wheels' which is significantly dependent on looks....

Wont say more about Roshan... the man is talented and good looking... you just have to accept that he is a better guy... but even guys with better personalities and work ethic than him lose out cause of looks... its a fact of life.... I accept that....

i.e. good personality etc + good looks >> better personality etc + avg/below avg looks

*What follows is ENTIRELY a joke. PLEASE DO NOT take it seriously*

Face it fellas!!1 We will never be good enough to date Supermodels!! Or Mayflower!! LoL....

29Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) - Page 2 Empty Re: Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:24 am

Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) - Page 2 ChocolateMan

30Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) - Page 2 Empty Re: Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:29 pm

Omkar

Omkar

Just for the record May, I, in spite of being a guy, don't exactly fancy that ad. I have seen it many times but always dismissed it as run of the mill ad featuring some hotties. In fact, I never even spared a moment thinking about it until this debate popped up.
You are just being over-sensitive. You remind me of someone, wait a sec, were you the same lady who played the President of "No-paseena andolan"(No sweat campaign) in that detergent(Rin Supreme, was it?) ad? Now that's the kinda ad I like Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) - Page 2 Icon_cool

http://creativelyfertile.blogspot.com/

31Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) - Page 2 Empty Re: Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:37 pm

MayFlower

MayFlower

Sorry I just can't resist making another post.

@Kyo:For me...great personality+average looks>good-looking+not too attractive personality>drop-dead gorgeousness+stupidity

omkardaone wrote:Just for the record May, I, in spite of being a guy, don't exactly fancy that ad.

Ahem ahem!

Duh, yes. We like it. Like hell we do. Its not exactly I would call 'phunny' but its fascinating.

You are just being over-sensitive.

Um that is kind of true.Sometimes even mom tells me to let it go for a while.But hey this is just the way I am...I apologize if I've offended anyone or their sensibilities.

You remind me of someone, wait a sec, were you the same lady who played the President of "No-paseena andolan"(No sweat campaign) in that detergent(Rin Supreme, was it?) ad? Now that's the kinda ad I like Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) - Page 2 Icon_cool

Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) - Page 2 Icon_evil Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) - Page 2 Icon_eek Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) - Page 2 Icon_sad

P.S:I didn't see Swordfish Arr0w.I only know the movie starred Halle Berry and Hugh Jackman.

32Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) - Page 2 Empty Re: Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:02 pm

SaintExodia

SaintExodia
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

HAVEn'T SEEN SWORDFISH? HAVEN'T SEEN IT? The movie isn't great, but the ending is good and the acting is decent. Oh god... and between Halle Berry and Penelope Cruz......*imagination runs wild*

As for the Axe ad... I'm not that great a fan myself, but don't understand why ANYONE should get riled up by it....

My thoughts while watching the ad:
-Hey, that's a catchy song...
-Chicks!
-Wish I could have an icecream with chocolate chips right about now...
-Lots of chicks!

Not once did I think about the deo itself.. and when I found that it was an ad for Axe.. well, it wasn't a very GOOD ad.. it's just sorta funny. The part when the chocolate man sticks his hand out of the box literally was trying to say "She's eating off his hand" and this sorta made me laugh. No reason to even think about how degrading the ad is to women... After all, the chicks are just acting in the ad for money.. and I forgot the ad and didn't give it a second thought.

Aaaaaaand Hrithik Roashan... meh.. don't like him.....

33Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) - Page 2 Empty Re: Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:28 pm

HAVEn'T SEEN SWORDFISH? HAVEN'T SEEN IT? The movie isn't great, but the
ending is good and the acting is decent. Oh god... and between Halle
Berry and Penelope Cruz......*imagination runs wild*

I haven't seen it either, but is Pene really in it?? Can't seem to find any info on her role in it

34Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) - Page 2 Empty Re: Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:00 pm

Omkar

Omkar

MayFlower wrote:

omkardaone wrote:Just for the record May, I, in spite of being a guy, don't exactly fancy that ad.

Ahem ahem!

Duh, yes. We like it. Like hell we do. Its not exactly I would call 'phunny' but its fascinating.

Oye! Reading that had me a bit taken aback too! But I said that to your words:
It must be highly amusing to any man who'd like to view himself as an irresistible object of lust.

Misquoted me, you. Now I can see you in a new light- the one having characteristics of the obnoxious Gossip mag journalists. Razz

e.g. In an interview, Amitabh Bachchan says, I love Aishwarya Rai as he new bahu.
Next day headlines under a giant pics of Amitabh Bachchan, a laughing with her mouth covered Aishwarya and a frowning pic of Abhishek Bachchan:

"I love Aishwarya!"
(Oh yes, exclaimation mark is DAMN important for them)

http://creativelyfertile.blogspot.com/

35Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) - Page 2 Empty Re: Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:08 pm

SaintExodia

SaintExodia
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

Bagpipes wrote:
I haven't seen it either, but is Pene really in it?? Can't seem to find any info on her role in it

Watch it. It even came on HBO a while back. But I think it's better to watch the unrated version in my opinion *ahem* . And no, Pene is NOT in it.. but if you wanna see her, watch Vanilla Sky (Sammy?) ....

36Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) - Page 2 Empty Re: Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:34 am

MayFlower

MayFlower

@SaintExodia:Um no I still haven't watched Vanilla Sky re.Though you
told me about it ages ago.....sowwiee...will download it next.Promise!

@Omkar:Even if you were replying to that quote of mine I think you were talking about the ad there.

*hides behind Kyo's riot shield*
*comes out after a while and offers Omkar a bag of freshly baked horrible-tasting cookies*

37Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) - Page 2 Empty Re: Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:41 pm

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

Oh great!
The frikkin discussion's over! *sigh*
Boy, did I miss it!

And if it was ever a choice between Ms. Cruz and Ms. Berry,.... I'd say why not two at a time?

@Sammy: Please don't generalize when you say that all men are sex-hungry, womanizing cave-people. DO NOT! Coz it's not true.

@Kyo: The bomb shelter thing = AWESOME!
Oh and got room for one more? I'll trade you my Half-Life 2 wall poster. What say you?

@Ace: Uh,.... thanks for the new thread but there are posts from DH and KYO(?) which really really TOTALLY belong in the FAVOURITE ADVERTISEMENT thread. Somewhere in the 1st or 2nd page, I'm not sure. Thanks.

But in spite of the uneasy agreement we have here(the nature of which I don't quite understand), I'd like to point out one little thing....
MayFlower wrote:Pheromones Red.And they have nothing to do with smell.
Uh..... yes they do. (and thanks for pointing out the typo in my post..... kinda)
How else does an ecto-hormones get into the system? Mouth? Ear? Belgium? Belly-Button? Not so. Well, at least in humans it doesn't! I've seen way too much National Geographic to know that pheromones have SOMETHING to do with smell.

Though wikipedia says "....no pheromonal substance has ever been demonstrated to directly influence human behavior..." but it's kinda clear that if pheromones can work with honey bees and rhesus monkeys and if Mr. Darwin was right, then that's more than enough reasons to believe pheromones DO work with humans as well.
I'm not saying it's right but it could be highly likely that it's definitely maybe possible.

And I'd like to remind you that I'm not the biology expert and please do correct me if I said something really stupid.

38Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) - Page 2 Empty Re: Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:53 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

@Sammy - Like I said, I don't like it OR dislike it. Its an normal ad once you see it from all angles. And for gods sake, you HAVE to be retarded to think sensible guys believe that crap they show about deos attracting girls. And the guys who DO believe it are not sensible.

The only reason I need guys to put deos (or rather, one particular person) is because 30 minutes into the tuition, with him siting beside me, HE STINKS OF SWEAT LIKE A SWEAT FACTORY!

39Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) - Page 2 Empty Re: Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:31 am

Arr0wHeaD

Arr0wHeaD
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Hey, as long as we're talking about Deo, how the hell did nobody mention 'Wild Stone"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D952LtrhZCI

It's on TV, so I'm allowed to post it even though its kinda....ahem...you'll see...

https://amalganation.forumotion.net

40Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) - Page 2 Empty Re: Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:53 am

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

Arr0wHeaD wrote:Hey, as long as we're talking about Deo, how the hell did nobody mention 'Wild Stone"?
We did. We did mention WILD STONE. Actually I did at first and then Sammy said that she hates it more than the Axe Advert.
Thanks for putting it here, Arr0w Very Happy

41Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) - Page 2 Empty Re: Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:10 am

kyo

kyo

Dont you just love these deo's!? Who needs witches and wizards to make love potions anymore!? Perhaps this is one of the reasons for population explosion in India!?

*Barricades himself in shelter again*

42Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) - Page 2 Empty Re: Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:17 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

well axe is imitatin 'perfume'

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum