AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Axe-Effect (Non Fiction)

+5
Red
kyo
DIE HARD
Arr0wHeaD
MayFlower
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Empty Re: Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:22 pm

MayFlower

MayFlower

RedWOLF wrote:well, for starters i like the AXE advert for AXE: Dark Temptation. it's kinda funny with the chocolate dude walking around letting chicks eat him. i like that permanent smile he has all the time. though i have never even seen one, my sources tell me that the deo SUCKS! apparently, it doesn't smell like chocolate, but COFFEE! the guy had cold when he told me this. i'd trust him.

AARGGHHH I hate that ad.And when I say hate.I mean like H-A-T-E...despise,loathe,abhor,detest.

Girls are mindless zombies or what?

Whenever it comes on tv I feel like chucking something at the screen.

Anyway I love the new Reliance ad starring Hrithik.Man does he look Godly in it or what! Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Icon_eek Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Icon_cool
He rules!

http://musingsofamaiden.blogspot.com/

2Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Empty Re: Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:56 pm

THAT AXE CHOCOLATE AD IS EPIC!! Loved every bit of it.. (Sorry, Sammy Razz )

I haven't met a single guy who doesn't love that ad!

3Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Empty Re: Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:37 am

MayFlower

MayFlower

Bagpipes wrote:....

I got a feeling you won't either. Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Icon_evil

4Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Empty Re: Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:46 pm

Arr0wHeaD

Arr0wHeaD
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

MayFlower wrote:
Bagpipes wrote:....

I got a feeling you won't either. Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Icon_evil

...I didn't get that...
Explanation, plz?

https://amalganation.forumotion.net

5Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Empty Re: Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:02 pm

DIE HARD

DIE HARD

I think she means that all males are womanizers,at least,all of them like to walk around covered in chocolate waiting for the females to feast on them...which is,so...sad! Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Icon_sad

As the great Aristotle once remarked wisely :"You don't judge a man by his harem!"

http://insaneanime.ning.com/

6Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Empty Re: Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:31 pm

kyo

kyo

Aristotle sure botched that one.... OF COURSE you judge a man by his harem!!!

7Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Empty Re: Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:48 pm

DIE HARD

DIE HARD

Damn it kyo! Don't ruin it for me...can't you see I'm trying to enhance male kinds reputation here??

8Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Empty Re: Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:22 am

MayFlower

MayFlower

DIE HARD wrote:I think she means that all males are womanizers...

Nope.

at least,all of them like to walk around covered in chocolate waiting for the females to feast on them...

Or rather they like to dream of being covered in chocolate and females feasting on them.This is what I actually meant Arr0w.

@Kyo:Thanks for being honest. ^^

9Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Empty Re: Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:27 am

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

MayFlower wrote:Girls are mindless zombies or what?
Anyway I love the new Reliance ad starring Hrithik.Man does he look Godly in it or what!
He rules!
Wow! No comment on your reply. I'm not even gonna try to comment on that.
OR, maybe I will...... try Very Happy

You see, the first lesson they teach you at Advert Making School is that "SEX SELLS".... to put it bluntly. The second lesson is that "FUNNY SELLS". And after that everybody throws away the text books and bunk classes and so on and so forth... you know the drill, you're a B.Tech student right?

Human beings are basically horny people who want to get laid, eg: RedDaChickMagnet, BarneyDaDinosaur, OmkarDaOne (sorry dude Very Happy) Wait,.... not human beings in general but the adolescent. Yeah, them people. They really wanna get laid. There will always be the very very few who'd have better control over their hormones than the majority, but they are usually ostracized(?)(big word! YAY!) and nobody really cares about them. Sad.... BUT TRUE!
What the adverts are aimed at, is the demo that's into this kinda shit(This Shit = Getting Laid) coz they are the ones who decide what fads are cool and what's not, they have the monies and they are the frikkin majority.
Surely you don't want a n00b like me telling you why they do it. It's simple;

Ads aimed at majority = More products sold

And since we(ie, majority) love sex(<- FACT) and wouldn't mind a laugh here and there, companies like AXE make funny/sexy ads. And they sell more than any other dumbass deo company that DON'T make sexy/funny ads. Lets not get to the statistics. PLEASE!

And you think this ad is "degrading" the woman-kind? Right? *sigh* This is marketing tactics. There is very little if not SUPER ZILCH-O sexism involved. And if by any chance there is sexism involved,.... feel free to sue the company! Before that let me tell you something we all already know; human beings are attracted to the opposite sex because of something called "pheremone".... well, in most cases. There are other factors too but lets just stick to the pheremone theory.
The more your "pheremones" appeals to somebody, the more they "like" you. When I say "like", I mean "LOVE". As in JUNGLE LOVE!
What humans has done throughout the ages is to try and make himself/herself (see, I'm not sexist... not entirely) more pleasant smelling by using flower essence, musk. And then he went all modern chemical-ish and made BODY SPRAYS and DEODORANTS. Why? Coz he wants to smell nice? NO! Coz it's in his natural instincts to GET LAID!

Besides, it's not just AXE, there are tons of other deo adverts that are similarly themed. Wildstone and Zatakk are just two other Indian brands.... with possible foreign collabs. But we'll forgive them.

Another tactic used by these douchebags in adverts is that their products turn total wimps into chick magnets. So, if you look better than that dork-in-the-ad, you have more chances of scoring. And if you look like the said dork,.... you can still score some, like that dork just did.
Smart chaps, eh?

And before you say anything I'd like to say that bogus cosmetic products for women have ALWAYS been using the same tactics only with a...say... a "dark complexioned girl" getting a super-macho lover after she used the said bogus product to reveal her "inner beauty". Hm... I can't get the name... what was it again? Ah never mind! =P

And "IF" in the Reliance Advert (the one you just mentioned),... "IF" it wasn't Hrithik Roshan in the ad, but instead a dopey nerd-boy with puss filled zits,... would you have made a post in the forum about it? I highly doubt it. Why? Coz Hrithik is more sexually appealing than most nerd-boys!..... to women of course. He he he. *I feel awkward*

And after all that, I got a doubt....
MayFlower wrote:Girls are mindless zombies or what?
Was that a statement or a trick question? I'd like to think "statement" but do correct me if I'm wrong.
YAY! We have an agreement!
If GIRLS are "mindless zombies", then I'd like to add that GUYS are "headless zombies" who'd hump ANYTHING! Even a mindless zombie!

BIG POST = ME HAPPY!

10Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Empty Re: Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:12 pm

MayFlower

MayFlower

*sigh* long post ahead.

RedWOLF wrote:You see, the first lesson they teach you at Advert Making School is that "SEX SELLS".... to put it bluntly. The second lesson is that "FUNNY SELLS".

I know.But that doesn't make the whole ad any less sexist or disgusting.It must be highly amusing to any man who'd like to view himself as an irresistible object of lust.
But I sure don't find it funny and nor do tons of other girls I am acquainted with.

And since we(ie, majority) love sex(<- FACT)

Correction:We=Men.And since this is a MAN'S world such ads will always find good market.Women,on the contrary,aren't sex-maniacs nor do they think about getting laid every 5 seconds.

And you think this ad is "degrading" the woman-kind? Right? *sigh* This is marketing tactics. There is very little if not SUPER ZILCH-O sexism involved. And if by any chance there is sexism involved,.... feel free to sue the company!

Lol make up your mind first.Seems like you're in denial mode.

Before that let me tell you something we all already know; human beings are attracted to the opposite sex because of something called "pheremone".... well, in most cases.

Pheromones Red.And they have nothing to do with smell.

What humans has done throughout the ages is to try and make himself/herself (see, I'm not sexist... not entirely) more pleasant smelling by using flower essence, musk. And then he went all modern chemical-ish and made BODY SPRAYS and DEODORANTS. Why? Coz he wants to smell nice? NO! Coz it's in his natural instincts to GET LAID!

Yea right![sarcasm]Women are just ready pounce on ANY man who smells good.[/sarcasm]

What the ad portrays is every man's sick perverted fantasy...not reality.So don't start believing in the crap that the use of deosprays is to attract members of the opposite sex.
It's to stop you from becoming a human stink bomb.And that is it.
I agree that smelling good is a pre-requisite for having $%*.But that is NOT the main reason.

Besides, it's not just AXE, there are tons of other deo adverts that are similarly themed. Wildstone and Zatakk are just two other Indian brands.... with possible foreign collabs.But we'll forgive them.

I'd say Axe is still forgivable compared to Wildstone.Set Wet is tolerable.

Another tactic used by these douchebags in adverts is that their products turn total wimps into chick magnets.

So you agree that the people who make these ads are douchebags?
Wow why am I even typing out this long post?

And before you say anything I'd like to say that bogus cosmetic products for women have ALWAYS been using the same tactics only with a...say... a "dark complexioned girl" getting a super-macho lover after she used the said bogus product to reveal her "inner beauty".

That too is bullshit Red.I'm not being a hypocrite...trust me.
Although come to think of it men usually don't prefer dark-complexioned girls do they?A fair-complexioned girl would always have the upper hand.
That is why such products sell.

Coz Hrithik is more sexually appealing than most nerd-boys!..... to women of course.

True.But not because he has got himself sprayed with some deo. -_-
Hrithik is good-looking, a hard-working and dedicated actor and an immensely gifted dancer.He has a got a whole bunch of talents which make him sexually appealing to women.
And that's the whole point.Sex appeal doesn't only stem from good smell.A man's personality,his mindset,qualities and looks-all these factors collectively work together to attract a woman.

P.S:+ 1 rep for you Red.It's nice talking to you ^^

11Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Empty Re: Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:48 pm

kyo

kyo

Umm.... just thought I would ask.... this is the favorite commercial thread right?? Seems like a warzone in here....

I nominate the Crows + Windex advert... this... is seriously funny....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APnZCGfBhgQ

Enjoy....

12Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Empty Re: Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:06 pm

DIE HARD

DIE HARD

Wow what ginormous posts! My terminally softened brain hurts.....
I really like some of them Airtel ads. Specially the one with two kids playing soccer or either side of the border....very nice.

13Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Empty Re: Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:56 pm

Omkar

Omkar

I just couldn't resist pouncing in when such a delicious debate is going on.

MayFlower wrote:

RedWOLF wrote:You see, the first lesson they teach you at Advert Making School is that "SEX SELLS".... to put it bluntly. The second lesson is that "FUNNY SELLS".

I know.But that doesn't make the whole ad any less sexist or disgusting.It must be highly amusing to any man who'd like to view himself as an irresistible object of lust.
But I sure don't find it funny and nor do tons of other girls I am acquainted with.

Duh, yes. We like it. Like hell we do. Its not exactly I would call 'phunny' but its fascinating. And you know what, I don't think we men are alone. Women like it too, its just that, she mostly want to keep their horny-ness closet-ed. Conduct a poll only among your not-too-shy female acquaintances. I bet even they would like it. But you know why they wouldn't admit it? Coz a women viewpoint is being a sex object is a pre-requisite to rape. And that's why they would rather pass and say "No, we don't like it"...in some cases.

MayFlower wrote:
And since we(ie, majority) love sex(<- FACT)

Correction:We=Men.And since this is a MAN'S world such ads will always find good market.Women,on the contrary,aren't sex-maniacs nor do they think about getting laid every 5 seconds.

Correction again. Its 52 seconds. And the same research also concluded that women think about sex every 1 minute 30 seconds. Outraged, are you Sam? So am I! How the hell is a man supposed to do ANYTHING else if this were true? Come to think about it, I think what they've done is put it in a format of "Cancer kills _ people out of every 100 people." So that means they mean to say we think about sex for... *does some complicated calculations(okay, not so complicated but I am not a science student, people)*... for almost 69.23076 minutes per day.
That's still too much.
Even by my standards.

MayFlower wrote:

Yea right![sarcasm]Women are just ready pounce on ANY man who smells good.[/sarcasm]

Not really. But you would sure NEVER pounce on ANY man that stinks. We are just trying to increase our chances, ma'am.

MayFlower wrote: What the ad portrays is every man's sick perverted fantasy...not reality.So don't start believing in the crap that the use of deosprays is to attract members of the opposite sex.

Gawd, not again. Why is sex viewed as dirty? How can women jumping on a guy be perverted? Isn't sex synonymous with 'making luhv'?

MayFlower wrote:

And before you say anything I'd like to say that bogus cosmetic products for women have ALWAYS been using the same tactics only with a...say... a "dark complexioned girl" getting a super-macho lover after she used the said bogus product to reveal her "inner beauty".

That too is bullshit Red.I'm not being a hypocrite...trust me.
Although come to think of it men usually don't prefer dark-complexioned girls do they?A fair-complexioned girl would always have the upper hand.

You said it, Sam! You said it! A fair complexioned girl will have an upper hand. In what? IN GETTING LAID!

MayFlower wrote:
Coz Hrithik is more sexually appealing than most nerd-boys!..... to women of course.

True.But not because he has got himself sprayed with some deo. -_-
Hrithik is good-looking, a hard-working and dedicated actor and an immensely gifted dancer.He has a got a whole bunch of talents which make him sexually appealing to women.
And that's the whole point.Sex appeal doesn't only stem from good smell.A man's personality,his mindset,qualities and looks-all these factors collectively work together to attract a woman.

Yeah, riiiiiiiight. If Hrithik still approaches a girl, who doesn't know who he is, in a bar of Timbaktoo, she will still go weak in knees. If he'll try to seduce her, she WILL get seduced. At such a time, she will not care whether he is hard working, dedicated or a gifted dancer. All she will think about is- OH MY MY! I JUST NAILED A GREEK GOD! WAIT TILL I TELL MY FRIENDS TOMORROW.

MayFlower wrote:
P.S:+ 1 rep for you Red

You totally deserve it man, you totally do Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Icon_biggrin

http://creativelyfertile.blogspot.com/

14Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Empty Re: Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:06 pm

Arr0wHeaD

Arr0wHeaD
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

MayFlower wrote:That too is bullshit Red.I'm not being a hypocrite...trust me.

Hell with that.
Bronze is BEA-utiful.

Now that someone mentioned it, I gotta continue, Why do people feel fair is beautiful? Never heard of Latin Girls? (*drool*)
It's basically this whole annoying colonial hangover. Not Cool.

But for that matter any Ad which portrays a romantic angle is sexist- Shampoo Ads which show that now that the dude is flake-free, he has a pretty girl hanging off his arm. Or Ads with women obsessed with pimple removal, fearing her defaced mug will turn off a prospective husband...

There's no end to it. Might as well Give up and stick to ads about Adventure Sports and Cute Kids, then.

Hrithik is good-looking, a hard-working and dedicated actor...
Puh-Lease.
There is no way to know how hard working or dedicated he is. In his private time he might just be a Gi-normous BELGIUM. Still, even if that info was true, there would be barely any change in the number of his female fans. It's Animal Magnetism.

15Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Empty Re: Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:38 pm

How can you not find it funny!!?? Its hilarious! Here, watch it again, with your mind wide open.
Actually, everyone watch it! It's the extended version

AXE Dark Temptation

Correction:We=Men.And since this is a MAN'S
world such ads will always find good market.Women,on the
contrary,aren't sex-maniacs nor do they think about getting laid every
5 seconds.

Whoever said women are sex-maniacs?? And yeah, like Omkar said, that was a shitty study.. some feminist group most probably paid them to shame us or something.. I don't know how anyone in their sensible mind can even believe that.. it's highly impracticable.. It's true men crave sex much more than women, but that's just the way we are, and there's nothing wrong with that. It's how it is in most animal species.. THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.

What the ad portrays is every man's sick perverted fantasy...not reality

90% of the ad's out there portray fantasy, not reality. And the public love it. They're like nano-movies. Isn't that why sickly unrealistic romantic love-centric movies always make it big in India.

A fair-complexioned girl would always have the upper hand.

Not true! I've personally seen quite a few tanned girls who look hawt! And also, quite a few gori's who look ugly.

Hrithik is good-looking, a hard-working and
dedicated actor and an immensely gifted dancer.He has a got a whole
bunch of talents which make him sexually appealing to women.

You forgot the sarcasm tags.

16Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Empty Re: Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:00 am

kyo

kyo

*Munches popcorn and wonders if this is a commercial for a commercial and if so.... nominates this to be his favorite commercial*

17Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Empty Re: Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:02 am

MayFlower

MayFlower

One of the few disadvantages of being stuck in a forum which hardly has any female members is that you have to take on a whole bunch of guys all ALONE... *sigh*
Anyway I'd try to discuss all the points that you people have raised...

First things first-

ALL OF YOU ARE JUST JEALOUS OF HRITHIK ROSHAN.

Animal magnetism and sex appeal are more or less the same thing.I think I already mentioned the factors that work behind increasing a man's sex appeal in my earlier post.It's not only about good looks......trust me.It's his overall persona that matters the most.And it's not only ME.Most women feel the same way.

This discussion is moving into uncharted territory but I guess it can't be helped...

First of all Omkar there is a difference between having sex and 'making luhv'.Sex is when you meet a random person in a bar,buy her a drink and then go back to her apartment and do her.No strings attached.

On the other hand you make love to someone you have feelings for or are in a relationship with.No doubt the term has the word 'love' in it.
Sex isn't just a form of carnal pleasure for a woman.It holds a much deeper meaning for them.

So when I see ads which portray a woman giving herself away so easily to a guy who just smells good...no doubt I'm outraged.And I never said women don't think about sex or hate it.It's just the way we perceive it is different from yours.
We want to make love.You want to have sex.And don't say it's the same thing.
This is the point I wanted to prove when I mentioned the 5-sec thing(well I read a book where the protagonist said he thinks about having sex every 3 seconds...thank me for lengthening the time-period lol)

Guys are contented with casual sex.Women want love.Hope I've made myself clear.

About the fixation with fair-complexioned girls...it's really easy to state that you find dark-skinned girls hot enough,Arr0w.
But tell me something...what will you do when it comes to choosing between Halle Berry and Penelope Cruz?Whom will you prefer as your prospective partner?
Dark-complexioned girls are always naturally at a disadvantage...admit it or not.
And no it's not some colonial hangover either.The naked truth is a fair-skinned person is good to look at.A dark-skinned person is not.
And how many beautiful dark-skinned girls do you people see in real life anyway?The fair,good-looking ones outnumber them by quite a wide margin.
The truth of the matter is a girl's worth in a man's eyes mainly depends on the way she looks rather than the person she is.

Btw bronze=tanned.And tanned is not the equivalent of being dark-complexioned.
Jennifer Anniston,for example,is tanned.Beyonce Knowles is dark.So don't equate the two.

Arr0w wrote:But for that matter any Ad which portrays a romantic angle is sexist- Shampoo Ads which show that now that the dude is flake-free, he has a pretty girl hanging off his arm. Or Ads with women obsessed with pimple removal, fearing her defaced mug will turn off a prospective husband..

I think these ads are just show-casing the fact that a girl with an ugly face is just as repulsive as a dude with a dandruff problem.
I don't detect a sexist vibe in them.

There's no end to it. Might as well Give up and stick to ads about Adventure Sports and Cute Kids, then.

Bang on.Most commercials are made of mindless stuff.This is why I hardly watch tv these days.

They should make more ads like Airtel.And DH senpai I love the one with two kids playing soccer too.
And the Windex ad(click on the link Kyo posted)....the crow pressing the doorbell is funny too.See even that is not reality but atleast it guarantees a genuine smile without showing any sexist content.
So Dylan I don't have a problem with ads portraying fantasy as long as that fantasy doesn't morph the truth into something which is offensive to a significant portion of the viewers.

18Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Empty Re: Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:22 am

kyo

kyo

*Gets 2nd bag of popcorn*

Hmm.... looks like this could get bloody...

*Also gets Riot Shield*

Oh... BTW... Its not that I am saying that its cool to have dandruff or smell bad... its not... but I for one just dont like ads which lead the viewer to believe that using a particular product will make them uber-cool and attractive or whatever... its just not true... wont hurt their chances... but exaggeration has its limits...

And like it or not... the fact is that sex sells. You put a product in the hands of a hawt young model (male/female) and apply the 'zero-to-hero/ine' formula (i.e. a unattractive/unsuccessful person suddenly becoming the king/queen of all creation with umpteen equally hawt admirers of the opposite sex)... and its probably gonna sell a lot better than with some 'average-joe' doing the honors....

I admit it quite freely... I am jealous of people like Hrithik... after all they get PAID to look good... how cool is that? I on the other hand get paid (minimum wage) to make my professor look good... slaving for hours in this dingy lab... LoL...

And Mayflower... no chauvinistic intent here... but when you say that males judge females by looks... its just as true for females... Hrithik is good looking and that is what really matters... his other traits are a bonus no doubt... put it this way... would you rate Rajpal Yadav on the same scale as Hrithik? Mr. Yadav is a terrific comedian and (I assume) hardworking as well. But you dont see women drooling over his posters. Same for other.... less handsome/pretty movie stars....

[EDIT]

P.S.

When talking about sex.... most guys do want casual sex... this is true... but not for all guys.... and even if they do... its not ALL their fault... they do this because of a completely natural hard wired survival mechanism.... there is no way around it... I read a paper for my sociology class where they were talking about how a mans brain is basically wired so that he will be attracted to more than just one woman... and will be driven to mate with as many women as he can...

This does not make it right but just wanted to say that it isnt easy for the guys...

I often get attracted to random women myself, but (believe it or not) I have never engaged in one night stands... tried once and it was pretty disastrous.... nothing happened but we somehow ended up being friends.... she still ribs me about it sometimes though...

*Hides behind shield*

19Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Empty Re: Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:31 am

Arr0wHeaD

Arr0wHeaD
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

ALL OF YOU ARE JUST JEALOUS OF HRITHIK ROSHAN.
Duh.
The dude was born good looking, with a Movie Director Dad who launched him.
Now the guy has Money, Fame, Is Married but still not off limits for millions of girls fantasies.
Never heard of an Engineer who got that.

(
well I read a book where the protagonist said he thinks about having sex every 3 seconds...thank me for lengthening the time-period lol)

I've read a lot of interesting books too, The details can't be posted on this forum though.
Point is, it's fiction.

If I thought about sex every 3 seconds, I wouldn't (sex) get to the end (sex) of a reasonably long senten(sex)ce, much less type out large posts as I sometimes do. It would leave people unable to function.

It's pretty clear that you're generalizing an entire gender.

tell me something...what will you do when it comes to choosing between Halle Berry and Penelope Cruz?Whom will you prefer as your prospective partner?
Lol. You obviously haven't seen 'Swordfish'.

And no it's not some colonial hangover either.The naked truth is a fair-skinned person is good to look at.A dark-skinned person is not.
See, all the other things in the post, I didn't really care. We're just talking things over, and it's healthy, good for the mind, etc.

This thing pissed me the hell off.
You've never been to the South, I'd guess? Bangalore or Chennai maybe?

And if these ads are sexist, this is being racist.

20Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Empty Re: Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:44 am

kyo

kyo

Sorry.... couldnt resist....

But tell me something...what will you do when it comes to choosing between Halle Berry and Penelope Cruz?Whom will you prefer as your prospective partner?

Do I HAVE to choose??? LoL... I cant even begin to tell you how awesome it would be to be in a position where I would have to make that choice.... but if you throw in my true love as a 3rd option... I am afraid I would have to break both Miss Berry's and Missus Cruz's hearts... and THAT is no joke...

And dont take it so literally/personally/seriously/whatever-else-means-something-along-those-lines-ly Arrow... I am sure Mayflower did not have any racist intent... it just... came to sound that way...

*Decides Riot Shield is not enough. Barricades himself in a Fallout Shelter ala 'Blast from the Past'*

*Still munching popcorn of course....*

21Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Empty Re: Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:54 pm

Omkar

Omkar

MayFlower wrote:One of the few disadvantages of being stuck in a forum which hardly has any female members is that you have to take on a whole bunch of guys all ALONE... *sigh*

Its not about gender differences but difference of opinion. If I would've shared your perspective, I would've jumped in to your rescue. Anything for the cookies.

MayFlower wrote:
It's his overall persona that matters the most.And it's not only ME.Most women feel the same way. It's not only about good looks......trust me.

I don't. In fact, I can't. Coz its a nude fact that its a superficial world literally and figuratively. The 1st attraction is always the looks the other stuff slugs in later. MUCH later.

MayFlower wrote:
First of all Omkar there is a difference between having sex and 'making luhv'.Sex is when you meet a random person in a bar,buy her a drink and then go back to her apartment and do her.No strings attached.

On the other hand you make love to someone you have feelings for or are in a relationship with.No doubt the term has the word 'love' in it.
Sex isn't just a form of carnal pleasure for a woman.It holds a much deeper meaning for them.

Nope, not really. Next day, when the guy will meet up his friends and tell him about his adventurous last night exploits, there's no way in hell he'll say, "You know, we made love last night." It will quite obviously be "Yo rascals! I finally nailed her!" even though that girl might be the love of his life. Its just a difference of terms, not the definition.
Don't tell me women are totally averse to casual sex. I refuse to believe that in a world where Paris Hilton is a role model for lakhs.

MayFlower wrote:
So when I see ads which portray a woman giving herself away so easily to a guy who just smells good...no doubt I'm outraged.And I never said women don't think about sex or hate it.It's just the way we perceive it is different from yours.

Firstly, I am puzzled how you can think so much about it. See it and laugh it away. Simple.

MayFlower wrote:
We want to make love.You want to have sex.And don't say it's the same thing.

Its like this- if we don't say we want to 'make love' to you, you will never 'have sex' with us.

MayFlower wrote:
This is the point I wanted to prove when I mentioned the 5-sec thing(well I read a book where the protagonist said he thinks about having sex every 3 seconds...thank me for lengthening the time-period lol)

WHAT IN THE RUDDY HELL IS THIS BOOK'S NAME? I am gonna sue it.

MayFlower wrote:

Not always. We want love too but its just that for us, casual sex is welcome too.

MayFlower wrote:
About the fixation with fair-complexioned girls...it's really easy to state that you find dark-skinned girls hot enough,Arr0w.

I would prefer Penelope but its not coz of the skin tone. Given a choice between a dark Penelope and fair Berry, i would still go for Penelope. I hope you get my point.

http://creativelyfertile.blogspot.com/

22Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Empty Re: Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:45 pm

kyo

kyo

*Force 5 Hurricane Warning!! Deploy the National Guard!! Women, Children and Rocket Scientists first!!*

P.S. swap Rajpal Yadav for Boman Irani.... I think he is a better comedian and harder worker....

BTW... since this is the favorite advert thread... (or is it?) I also love those Amul billboards (in case anyone cares).... they are usually pretty good... its one of those many things I miss about Mumbai... I always look out for the new Amul billboards whenever I return to India....

*Exit Stage Left*

23Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Empty Re: Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:56 pm

DIE HARD

DIE HARD

I'm tempted to comment here,but I won't. If someone brings this debate over to the Colosseum,then maybe.....
I like my ads with a bit of brain in it,generally speaking. Most of the ones on TV now are just minor alternates of the same basic theme,which is a shame,really.

24Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Empty Re: Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:01 pm

I would prefer Penelope but its not coz of the
skin tone. Given a choice between a dark Penelope and fair Berry, i
would still go for Penelope. I hope you get my point.

It's because of that Love hot accent isn't it! Have Mercy!!

The naked truth is a fair-skinned person is good to look at.A dark-skinned person is not.

I had the same reaction as Arr0w to this statement, I wasn't going to post though. I've already said this before, that's is NOT true. I've seen many dark pretty girls!
By that statement, aren't you, yourself saying that you'd prefer a fair guy over a dark guy?

25Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Empty Re: Axe-Effect (Non Fiction) Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:48 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

I can split the topic and shift it to the colleseum. But HONESTLY, Mayflower has said quite pointless things, according to me. In my opinion her opinion of boys is that we are "sex-freaks". Mayflower, lend me your ears.....ARE YOU AN BELGIUM?! HUH?! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!?

And the bit about colour is VERY WRONG! Extremly disappointed in hearing you say that.

------------

Anyway, as far as I heard, apparently, the ad portrays that most women (and, Mayflower, I'm talking about the world, not your neighbourhood) are slightly attracted to the 'chocolate' flavour and smell. So the crux of the ad would most probably be that you'll have a good chance of impressing the girl with the chocolate flavour.

Of course, initially I felt the same way as Mayflower feels about the ad. They kind of DO portray the ad as if its some man's ideal sex ride or something - showing women dying to jump on him and all, but if the thing about the 'chocolate' effect is true, then the ad basically just has a deeper meaning. Oh and didnt this ad get the "best ad award" or something?

And NO mayflower, all guys are NOT jealous of Hritik. To me he is just an ordinary person who acts in films. As far as I have read, the past three pages have held nothing but crap coming from Mayflower (sorry sweety, but I just HAD to say that >_<).

@ kyo - loved your interjections there. Lol. Popcorn.

Should I split the topic and shift it to the Colleseum? Or should I keep it as it is? After all, this thread IS meant for advertisments.

*thinks - two pages full of debate talk.*

Okay, I'll split it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum