AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dead?! Read this for some inspiration!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

You guys are labeling the forum as dead? How could you?! I said the following in the chatbox, but it sounds nice to my ears, so I decided to make a blog post on it. Here goes:

Cant really blame the forum, people. It aint MY fault everyone isn't posting. Its not MY fault everyone is running it that nonsensical Social Networking "FORUM" trying to post there. That place is filled with dolts, I tell you. Idiots who "wanna be Franz." Read my First and Second Blog Post in my Hideout for more info regarding THAT. And YOU shouldn't be calling this place dead. YOU should rather contribute to making it alive again. YOU should stand up and say, "Yes! I will help bring it back up." We're stuck at 37 members out of which hardly 10 ever come online here. That doesn't mean those 10 or whatever number should give up. We might be a small number. But we are a small number who TALK SENSE. THERE we are again the same damn few who talk sense. Maybe a few more might be there, but they can always come here. Whats it called - EXPLORATION.

The rest of the people posting there will be the sissies and kiddies who are 20 years old or whatever age giving warnings for words like 'shit' and 'nutcase'. Those "other" people are only there to show off how many 'Franz' they have and go around posting "HI! Wanna be franz?", "Will you add me as your fren?", and what not. Here, we might be few, but we are mighty few. We have a mind, heart, soul made of might and fearlessness. And WE are the ones who AREN'T the mighty in stupidity, for we are the Intellectuals!

That's that for an inspiring speech. Something I didn't know I had in myself to say. Thank you for reading.

Share this post on: reddit

kyo

Post Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:23 pm by kyo

Hear hear!!! (*Plays theme from the movie Independence Day.... the time the prez was making that speech*)

Omkar

Post Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:31 pm by Omkar

Aceviper wrote:
Those "other" people are only there to show off how many 'Franz' they have and go around posting "HI! Wanna be franz?", "Will you add me as your fren?", and what not.
Its changed from fraaaands to franz? Wow.

Aceviper wrote: Here, we might be few, but we are mighty few. We have a mind, heart, soul made of might and fearlessness. And WE are the ones who AREN'T the mighty in stupidity, for we are the Intellectuals!
Ohhhkay! What's might and fearlessness got to do with us posting here? Exclamation
About the intellectual tag, I agree. What a Face Where else would you find a rocket scientist, a good at heart spammer, a sarcastic hard worker admin, a zombie werewolf who doesn't eat his wife, a 13 year old fun kid, a cricketer, an e-book library and a nerd at one place? ONLY AT AMALGA!

About the inspiring part, its not that inspiring Razz But ya, people needed to hear that.

Lets pledge people, even if in spite of our efforts this place does end up a graveyard, we will never EVER call it dead. *Plays song from movie Sholay- Jab tak hain jaan, jaan e jahan, main naachungi*

yuki

Post Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:19 pm by yuki

whoa O.O such a passionate speech *applause* er...and sorry for my few no. of posts =.= i'm in hell. gomen.

Rukawa_Kaede

Post Mon May 17, 2010 1:39 pm by Rukawa_Kaede

O_o Eheheh sorry? But wow. Passionate speech. Get into politics. You have my vote *wipes tear*
Me shall try and stay alive. Until my marks get out. Then I'll try to be reborn as quickly as possible.

Detective_Ryukai

Post Mon May 17, 2010 4:01 pm by Detective_Ryukai

Brilliant speech! Im truly inspired! *applause*

Red

Post Tue May 25, 2010 10:20 am by Red

Great speech Ace!
But the fact remains that we are...
1. Plagued by exams/classes/work/nagging spouses.
2. Quite clearly not posting anything much sensible these days. (..including me, who's never posted anything sensible in my life)
3. A continuation of the second point; we spend too much time at the CB.
..maybe that's the real problem. Maybe the CB has transcended from being a part of the community to a standalone community by itself. A self sufficient entity, that.... damn you Michael Crichton!
Nevermind that. That's Michael Crichton, not me.

I couldn't help but notice that you avoided a lot the members in your speech.
Aceviper wrote:We have a mind, heart, soul made of might and fearlessness. And WE are the ones who AREN'T the mighty in stupidity, for we are the Intellectuals!
There!
Omkar clearly doesn't have a mind.
Kahoko doesn't have a soul.
And I'm not something ANYBODY would call an intellectual. Nor do I have a soul nor a mind.
Aceviper wrote:We might be a small number. But we are a small number who TALK SENSE. THERE we are again the same damn few who talk sense.
There!
Jin quallifies as THAT?

Apology accepted =)
Actually, I don't think its your fault to have wanted to generalized the forum members to make the forum look smart... model every member after Kyo... very noble of you but it's not true =P LOL

And please don't b!tch about Animax here, Ace. Though we all share the same feelings as you do for the damned place, we should just stop bitching about it.
Why don't we all just make a resolution to NOT GO THERE or STOP SPENDING MORE TIME THERE than we do here.

I believe what we need now is a little membership drive, aka: ADVERTISING!
Lack of new members IS a serious problem.
I think it's safe to assume that the reason everyone spends more time over at Animax is BECAUSE they have more members there. More members mean more people to talk to. More people to make fun of. More probability of finding somebody who's got similar tastes despite him/her having the IQ of a drooling 2-toed SLOTH!
More the merrier.

Then again, brilliant speech!
*applause*

Aceviper

Post Fri May 28, 2010 11:47 pm by Aceviper

@ Red - you are talking in the past. See when I wrote this. It was a long long time ago.

I think none of that really means much as of this point in time. :/

I can be expected back after June 21st....

Though that depends, still.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum