AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Midori No Hibi

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Midori No Hibi Empty Midori No Hibi Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:19 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

Another cute story. The ending of this manga really was nice. One of the first manga I read that had a beautiful ending!

A must read again!

Seiji Sawamura is the toughest student in his high school. His grades aren't very good because he fights more than he studies, but he tends to protect the weaker students from bullies. A few classmates idolize him; one (Midori Kasugano from a different school) shyly loves him from afar; but most are just afraid of him, which has made it impossible for him to find a girlfriend. In desperation, he says to himself that he will grow old with only his right hand as lifelong companion—until one morning when he wakes to find a miniature Midori attached to where his right hand used to be.

Over the next two weeks the pair adapt to this sudden and forced closeness. Much mayhem, and some romance, ensue. Seiji does his best to hide Midori from other people; she wears a bandage around her head and pretends to be his injured hand. Midori frequently professes her love to Seiji (even wearing a dress she made and embroidered with "I ♥️ Seiji"), but Seiji fails to notice, even as he frequently laments that he'll never find a girl who loves him.

The connection between Midori and Seiji appears to be between her waist, or near it, and his wrist, but it is never explicitly shown (he always wears long sleeves, and she usually wears a dress; the most shows the curve of her waist) nor explained. Midori's body seems to function normally; she sleeps, eats, and (it's hinted to Dr. Makinoha) her physiological needs are fulfilled using Seiji's excretory system. The series contains fanservice with frontal nudity. Well, there is a bit of ecchi-ness in it. XD

It is, nevertheless, a very sweet story.

2Midori No Hibi Empty Re: Midori No Hibi Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:31 am

kyo

kyo

Yeah this one was awesome.... I made a thread on the anime as well.... the chapters with the weird dude with the hand puppets were some of my favorites...

3Midori No Hibi Empty Re: Midori No Hibi Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:00 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

one of ma favs
and love the ending song mou sukoshi[of the anime]

Last edited by Jin on Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

4Midori No Hibi Empty Re: Midori No Hibi Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:51 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

She always wore the same Shirt with "I Love Seiji" written on it. Man, I found that awesomely sweet.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

5Midori No Hibi Empty Re: Midori No Hibi Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:18 am

kyo

kyo

They nickname him Kami Sama... i.e. God... if I remember right... on that note... theres this really funny cutesey manga I am following right now... Kami No Shi*(*&(* Sekai.... pretty cool... shaping up as a 8/10 as of now... then there was this other random manga I picked up... also in the cutesy genre... Ichinensei Nachattare (certain that I spelled both wrong).... perhaps not in the same league as Midori NO HIbi... but both are pretty funny all the same...

6Midori No Hibi Empty Re: Midori No Hibi Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:27 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

well does anyone remember what exactly happens btw seiji and the small kid [not midori]

7Midori No Hibi Empty Re: Midori No Hibi Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:41 am

kyo

kyo

Small kid? You mean the little girl who is his neighbor? Or the Kid who has a crush on Midori and also on Sawamura (sort of)?

I guess they both end up as his friends... cant think of anything else that would happen... and they did not show it explicitly now did they?

8Midori No Hibi Empty Re: Midori No Hibi Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:43 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

havent seen it full!
well i meant the small girl his neighbour who has a crush on seiji

9Midori No Hibi Empty Re: Midori No Hibi Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:55 am

kyo

kyo

My bad... didnt mean to spoil it for you...

10Midori No Hibi Empty Re: Midori No Hibi Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:39 am

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

does the manga and the anime have the same plot?

11Midori No Hibi Empty Re: Midori No Hibi Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:01 am

kyo

kyo

Weell.... sorta.... I think there are slight differences.... some stuff is different... but I think it is the same overall story (as in the ending)...

12Midori No Hibi Empty Re: Midori No Hibi Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:18 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

is there any costume diff for any chars?

13Midori No Hibi Empty Re: Midori No Hibi Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:08 am

kyo

kyo

Nope... not that I can think of...

14Midori No Hibi Empty Re: Midori No Hibi Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:57 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

hmm then it must be the same

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]