AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

twilight

+19
Ranko
Akea
ariana
Detective_Ryukai
Kazuki
Ankita
Kahoko_25
Red
kyo
Jin
yuki
heavealie
Rukawa_Kaede
Lady Poison
SaintExodia
MayFlower
Arr0wHeaD
Aceviper
Omkar
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

1twilight - Page 2 Empty twilight Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:56 pm

Omkar

Omkar

First topic message reminder :

I watched it. yes, I did indeed. And tell you what, its one of the best romantic movies that's ever been. The romance between the couple is something that wallows even the staunch sneerers of the romance genre. Twilight, I would not hesitate to say, has the potential to throw off Titanic as the ultimate romantic movie. Why potential, it already has! See the waves it created the world over. The characters are so endearing, the romance, the sacrifice so heart rending, the fight scene so adrenaline rushing, the transition from an awkward first meet to a passionate affair so blissfully lucid, it makes you want to fall in love, experience the intensity of such a divine emotion, that you are prepared to bet your own life for the sake of someone else...

Yeah, right!

Twilight is the most mind-raping movie that's ever been and that can ever be. I signed up for this momentous task just to experience how shitty can something be. Conclusion- IT CAN'T GET ANY WORSE. I had to watch it in 4 sittings, Really. Why? Why did I do it? wyaaaaann!
Nothing about it makes sense. Why does everyone appear to have applied several layers of kiwi canvas shoe polish on their faces? Why does the girl get so much attention in spite of being such a weirdo- she's mono expressioned(wearing a stoned look with 2 buck teeth showing throughout the movie), mono-toned(no difference whether she's scared, excited, mushy or intrigued)...everything about her is singular, except, of course, her assets. The movie can in short be described as a bunch of wannabe actors came together and decided to make 'something diphrent'. They took a cinematographer from a horror movie(how would you explain the mind bogglingly inappropriate eye close-ups), a sleepy music director(gets the credit of feigning his own death in critical scenes and suddenly waking up and playing something eerie in whatever little is left), a blindfolded(hey, i m just being kind) clueless-about-what-he's-doing director, chose a hypothetically romantic script from an inane novelist and approached a philanthropic producer who's heart, by the way, bled due to recession affecting their country. So in a bid to create some jobs, LETS MAKE TWILIGHT EVERYBODY! Damn, no wonder I feel violated.

IMPACT:
1. The movie promises to alter several aspiring film editors' career dreams.
2. Can guarantee a drastic increase in the number of posts on fmylife.com (with one of mine- I WATCHED TWILIGHT. F MY LIFE!)
3. Put innumerable psychiatrists back into business.

Before i go off to find some rat poison for myself, I would like to post some last rant- this movie is NOT for the weak hearted. So watch (don't DON'T) at your own risk.
Hope you guys will there with bouquets by my grave. Hey, I died a daredevil.

Last edited by omkardaone on Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total

http://creativelyfertile.blogspot.com/

26twilight - Page 2 Empty Re: twilight Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:06 am

The guy who plays Jacob is hot. >>;

Well the plot itself isn't so bad, but I'm not so amused as other people are by it, because I feel like I've already encountered the plot a few times in other things I've watched. I'm not too pleased by the acting though. I feel that the main characters are the worst actors out of the whole group. Aren't they supposed to be the better ones? The girl's acting is the worse though. I haven't read the book, so I don't know if she's supposed to be like monotone-ish, but she is and I don't like it. It's too unappealing. =]

Sorry, I didn't like the movie too much.

27twilight - Page 2 Empty Re: twilight Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:06 am

kyo

kyo

Wow.... that almost sounds.... like a mildly favorable review.... very mild... but still.... IMO the movie had no redeeming features whatsoever... I am almost certain that someone will force me to watch the 2nd installment one of these days.... I hope it does better.... it would be very hard to do worse....

28twilight - Page 2 Empty Re: twilight Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:49 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

The second book sucked. Much worse than the first. If your GF drags you along with her for the second movie, I suggest taking your iPod and BOSE noise cutting headphones. You'll need it for the "noise" then. The headphones will be worth the money. I mean, it IS a life threatening situation, right?

29twilight - Page 2 Empty Re: twilight Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:34 pm

kyo wrote: IMO the movie had no redeeming features whatsoever...

Aww, but Kyo-kun, don't you just love Jacob? ;DDD

30twilight - Page 2 Empty Re: twilight Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:24 pm

kyo

kyo

I trust you read my 1st post in this thread.... wont say more.... *Rant mode suppressed*...

31twilight - Page 2 Empty Re: twilight Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:07 am

MayFlower

MayFlower

Kiui wrote:

Ichi...he is a GUY remember?

Anyway I find Taylor Lautner waaaaaay hotter than Rob.I mean he weight-trained for like 6 months just to retain Jacob's role for New Moon.
And I kind of feel Kristen looks better with Lautner than Pattinson.

P.S:Finally I meet a girl who sees Jacob in a different light.
+1 rep for you Kiui!

http://musingsofamaiden.blogspot.com/

32twilight - Page 2 Empty Re: twilight Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:59 am

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

MayFlower wrote:
Kiui wrote:

Anyway I find Taylor Lautner waaaaaay hotter than Rob.I mean he weight-trained for like 6 months just to retain Jacob's role for New Moon.

+1 rep for you Kiui!

*sudden urge to give someone else a -ive rep*

33twilight - Page 2 Empty Re: twilight Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:18 pm

MayFlower

MayFlower

Aceviper wrote:
MayFlower wrote:
Kiui wrote:

+1 rep for you Kiui!

*sudden urge to give someone else a -ive rep*

Ahem I didn't know this was ONLY a Twilight flame thread.So pardon me if I said something good about anything concerning the movie.
And btw if you'd check my previous post in here you'll find I agree that the movie was a total disaster...mainly the lead actors and the slow and pathetically boring screenplay.But c'mon aren't everybody entitled to their own views?
So Ace grow up and broaden your mind a bit.

34twilight - Page 2 Empty Re: twilight Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:58 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

worst movie ive ever come across

35twilight - Page 2 Empty Re: twilight Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:28 am

kyo

kyo

That worst ranking might change soon... 2nd installment has hit the screens... God I hope no one forces me to go along with them....

36twilight - Page 2 Empty Re: twilight Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:03 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

there is a second
-_0
Blah!
kill the producer

37twilight - Page 2 Empty Re: twilight Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:53 pm

MayFlower

MayFlower

kyo wrote:God I hope no one forces me to go along with them....

Are you sure Kris chan isn't a Twilight fan? XD

38twilight - Page 2 Empty Re: twilight Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:16 pm

Kahoko_25

Kahoko_25

twilight - Page 2 Wallpa10

twilight - Page 2 Wallpa11

I don't know what you guys feel about this movie, but, I really like it. And I'm looking forward for the other sequles. The trailers of New moon seem pretty cool.
Looking forward to see the wolf pack. Jake of course, and no doubt he is cute. Bella and Edward. Alice and Jazz.
Yeah..Just wanted to tell you guys. I Like the movie.

The books are nice as well. It's not like I hate it. Oh No No..I dont hate it at all. Love the story. ^^

39twilight - Page 2 Empty Re: twilight Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:08 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

this is pathetic
crap cant be good even if it has shitty lookin characters in it!
[and look at what acey's got to say]
|
V

Last edited by Jin on Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

40twilight - Page 2 Empty Re: twilight Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:31 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

KAHOKO! Honestly! Put Thumbnails instead of the entire huge image! They're too huge!

[Goes and edits her post]

There's a button which is linked to servimg.com. When you click on "Reply", you are redirected to another page where you type your reply. Once redirected, you type your post content and click "Send", right?

When posting, you have a subject and a message body, right? Now. no one types subject in each and every post (not everybody). But what I want to point out is that beside the Box for typing in the Subject, there is another box saying:

"None(use implicit)"

Right below this are five buttons. When you click the first one, it opens a tiny sub-page (or whatever) to servimg.com, you upload you pic in that tiny sub-page and after it is uploaded you are given a Thumbnail link, img link, and img url. Just copy paste the Thumbnail link, next time, okay?

41twilight - Page 2 Empty Re: twilight Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:09 pm

Kahoko_25

Kahoko_25

Aceviper wrote:KAHOKO! Honestly! Put Thumbnails instead of the entire huge image! They're too huge!

[Goes and edits her post]

There's a button which is linked to servimg.com. When you click on "Reply", you are redirected to another page where you type your reply. Once redirected, you type your post content and click "Send", right?

When posting, you have a subject and a message body, right? Now. no one types subject in each and every post (not everybody). But what I want to point out is that beside the Box for typing in the Subject, there is another box saying:

"None(use implicit)"

Right below this are five buttons. When you click the first one, it opens a tiny sub-page (or whatever) to servimg.com, you upload you pic in that tiny sub-page and after it is uploaded you are given a Thumbnail link, img link, and img url. Just copy paste the Thumbnail link, next time, okay?

Okay. I'm sorry. Won't happen next time. And thanks. I'll do it just like you said. Sorry Again.

42twilight - Page 2 Empty Re: twilight Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:34 pm

kyo

kyo

Just to be safe I will not bring up the topic of watching this movie ever.... but I cant help it is she wants to go....

43twilight - Page 2 Empty Re: twilight Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:55 pm

Ankita

Uprising Member
Uprising Member

First things first- the books don't suck. They are too fictional, too dreamy, too unrealistic but definitely not the kinda books you cant read a single time. Cut Stephanie Mayer some slack, she didn't pen something 'unreadable'!
The movies don't follow the books diligently. And I hate movies which are adapted from novels but don't carry their essence. The storyline is haywire, it takes it own pace, modifies at crucial places, basically rapes the book...
Now for Kristen, I totally agree that she's looking like a total drug addict. But hey people, the vampires are ok... I like Robert, i really like the characters of Alice, Emmett and Carlisle. And Omkar, of course they are pale. They are supposed to be vampires remember??
All in all, if vampires are your thing, read the book. Don't go for the movie!!
PS: Truth be told, you could give New Moon a try... Its way better!! the werewolf scenes are AMAZING and Jacob looks HOT!!!

44twilight - Page 2 Empty Re: twilight Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:47 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

both the movies are boring and so is the book
the author needs to learn something bout writing entertainers
atleast give proper fillers if theres nothing to right

45twilight - Page 2 Empty Re: twilight Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:51 pm

Kazuki

Kazuki
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

Hah..an amazingly late reply to this but hey, It's not my fault.
I thought the Casting was so very bad. To all those who believe robert pattinson is cute/hot in the movie, I'm sorry but you really need glasses, Or one good look at Hugh jackman or Christian bale (:
Books were actually pretty sucky too....I didn't get past twilight. The back cover hypes it so much... "Deeply seductive and extraordinarily suspenseful" ..blech
Maybe i was expecting more vampire and less 'staying awake to watch you sleep' but I really didn't like it.
Stephanie meyer is a pretty descriptive writer (which sometimes gets boring, I mean who cares if the kiss was like a smooth, slow fire which builds up into a conflagaration and blah blah blah..oh well back to topic) , if you like her writing style and of course romance novels to an extent then you should definitely check out- The host by stephanie mayer. Although I didn't love it, I have friends who've read it 30+ times in 4 months.

46twilight - Page 2 Empty Re: twilight Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:42 am

kyo

kyo

Urgh... your friends have way too much free time... Heck that one kiss sounds like an entire one night stand....

47twilight - Page 2 Empty Re: twilight Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:06 pm

Detective_Ryukai

Detective_Ryukai

I hated it =_= and i hate the story : though Taylor Lautner is a different matter Very Happy

48twilight - Page 2 Empty Re: twilight Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:29 pm

ariana

INACTIVE MEMBER!
INACTIVE MEMBER!

after watching d movie twilight i thanked myself for have read the book first! i didnt like it AT ALL!
its just a brilliant example of a dead love story on screen with a good book as its plot. Rolling Eyes
after the 1st one i havent yet got the courage to watch New Moon since its release last year Exclamation

ps: i like Robert Pattinson though .. oh those eyes! Wink

49twilight - Page 2 Empty Re: twilight Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:16 pm

Akea

Akea
INACTIVE MEMBER!
INACTIVE MEMBER!

ariana wrote:

ps: i like Robert Pattinson though .. oh those eyes! Wink

Robert. . .^_^

Well, I really didnt mind the books. . except for the 4th one which literally made me cry, due to its heroic lameness.
And coming to the movies...
The first one.? Not so bad, but way too dull. And bellas acting was plain unbearable=/
And she stammers too much. . @_@

The second movie. . It hurts me to talk about it. . >.<

50twilight - Page 2 Empty Re: twilight Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:30 pm

Detective_Ryukai

Detective_Ryukai

ariana wrote:ps: i like Robert Pattinson though .. oh those eyes! Wink
Robert Pattnison looks better in harry potter....in new moon he has white chest hair Laughing i was dissapointed...Hence taylor lautner Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum