AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Manga Scanlations set to vanish off from the Cyberworld

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ampitup

Ampitup

Thanks to Shruti for this info.

Its true. Manga Scanlations are set to vanish off from the face of the web for good Shocked

http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/digital/copyright/article/43437-japanese-u-s-manga-publishers-unite-to-fight-scanlations.html

Check that and you'll know what I mean. I can't much more than this at present. Seeing how I barely read manga, be it online or off the web. The only thing I can say is, a sad day for all the people who are regular readers on those sites and for all those who either cannot afford manga or wish the publishers had translated a particular series T_T.

Once again thank you Shruti for the news.

Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin

Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

Hmmm...yes, I heard about this long ago. They planned this move so as to stop a lot of people from spreading scanlations and making money under the pretext of licensing.

All I can say is, it'll put us poor ones, who can't afford to buy every single manga we think we should read in a pinch. I'm not sure how long it'll take to affect all manga, but the movement has already begun. I heard that Death Note has been taken down from Mangafox and One Manga too...Thank God I had downloaded the full manga eons ago.

kyo

kyo

I dont mind them taking manga off of websites once it has been licensed. That much is only natural. What bugs me is that they sound like theyre going to try and get rid of ALL manga scanslations. THAT would be a dick move. Why? Because some of the most awesome manga out there such as One Outs, many of Adachis works, and other hidden gems will no longer be available to us.

I usually only buy a manga after trying to read some of it somehow. If I cant do that anymore... then thats just too bad... as for the decline in sales that they are talking about. I would like to see the number of volumes and the quality of the series that they have released in the same period. People cant buy if youre not going to sell... and lest we forget... there WAS a GLOBAL recession....

Meh... I just hope that they dont convince the scanslators to pack their bags and shut down their sites. I dont mind so much if hosting sites go under... but not the scanslators...

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

It's sad.
I'll miss my rare to find seinen, abstract and ecchi stuff.

But the torrents will remain, right?
I mean the MPAA couldn't get rid of the movies, what can a group of publishers do?

I just hope the Russians help us out here like they cater to the rest of our perverted needs.

kyo

kyo

Most of the licensed series have already been taken of nearly all the hosting sites I tend to visit... mangafox has made a massive purge... mangatraders is also quietly removing licensed series... not sure about stoptazmo though... Hopefully they shut down narutofan.com for good...

But scanslators are all doing well enough looks like... or maybe there is more crap to come...

Detective_Ryukai

Detective_Ryukai

Boohooo Sad i was heart broken when i heard the news. Its painful. Ah, but there are those less known sites with the treasure trove of manga hidden in em Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum