AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Big Bang Theory

+2
Detective_Ryukai
Omkar
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Big Bang Theory Empty The Big Bang Theory Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:39 pm

Omkar

Omkar

Geek to his I-want-to-get-laid-with-you-fellow-geeky-girl: I was thinking of a Bio social experience with a neuro-chemical overlay.
Geeky girl: Wait, are you asking me out?
Geek: I was going to characterize it as a modification of our colleague slash friendship paradigm with the addition of a date like component, but we don't need to equip a lot of terminology.
Geeky girl: What sort of experiment would you propose?
Geek: It is a generally accepted pattern in this area- I would pick you up, take you to a restaurant, then we would see a movie, probably a romantic comedy featuring the talents of Hugh Grant and Sandra Bullock.
Geeky girl: Interesting. Would you agree that the primary way for me to evaluate the success or failure of a date would be based on the biochemical reaction during the goodnight kiss?*
Geek: Yes.
Geeky girl: Why not stipulate that the date goes well and move to the key variable?
Geek: You mean kiss you now?
Geeky girl: Yes.
Geek: Can you define the parameters of the kiss?
Geeky girl: Closed mouth but romantic. Mint?
Geek: Thank you.
Both of them have one and crunch them for 2 sec.
Geek: Shall I count down till 3?
Geeky girl: No, I think it needs to be spontaneous.
They kiss for 2 seconds.
Geeky girl: What do you think?
Geek: You proposed the experiment I think you should present your findings first.
Geek girl: Fair enough. On the plus side, it was a good kiss. Reasonable technique, no stray spittle, on the other hand, no arousal.
Geek: None?
Geeky girl: None.
Geek: Ah. Well, thank you for your time.
Geeky girl: Thank you.

* Based on the popular research that a girl can know everything she wants about a guy by his first kiss.

Need I say more?! This show is frikkin awesome!

The Big Bang theory is based on the life of four geeks with their distinctively, hilariously and sometimes irritatingly endearing personalities. The one in the above conversation is the basic normal sane kind of geek with a heart which beats for Penny, a newly moved in dumb blonde neighbor. His roomie is the extreme kind of geek, the one who is obsessed with the technicalities and wants everything JUST right even in the most trivial matters, irritatingly so. The next is a wannabe cool dude geek who brands himself as a casanova and can still confidently sympathize with a fellow geek when he breaks up with his imaginary girlfriend by saying, "Been there." The last, the most unexploited of the lot, is Raj, an NRI geek who freezes every time he is in front of a girl. Lastly, there's Penny, who is their afore mentioned dumb blonde neighbor, who likes them in spite of everything, implying she's too dumb to even understand whom to like.

The dialogs, the actors, the environment... everything is just ideal for the generation of guffaws and it HAS to be the result of pearls trickling down the brains of essentially geeky script writers and directors.

Watch it guys. Very few shows appeal in the first view, and this is one of them.

http://creativelyfertile.blogspot.com/

2The Big Bang Theory Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Tue May 18, 2010 10:52 pm

Detective_Ryukai

Detective_Ryukai

Hey! i was searching for this thread! i just started watching it...its awesome!!!

3The Big Bang Theory Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Wed May 19, 2010 12:36 am

Arr0wHeaD

Arr0wHeaD
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

One of the best scenes is during the Halloween party when they all end up dressing like The Flash.

Sheldon says- "We could change costumes...OR

We could go to the party and stand in a row so that it looks like 1 guy going REALLY fast!"

https://amalganation.forumotion.net

4The Big Bang Theory Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Wed May 19, 2010 9:17 pm

Azeron

Uprising Member
Uprising Member

@ Arrow: Oh yeah I remember that one ..
Sheldon dresses up as the Doppler effect xD

I SO FRIKKING LOVE THIS SHOW ! Very Happy
Sheldon Cooper FTW ! Razz
Just watched the 3rd season, infact !
Love the way the guy knocks on people's doors
"Penny .. Penny .. Penny .. Penny .. " XD

Also,
RAJ KOOTHRAPALI (However you spell it) FTW ! Razz Though it's a little racist and they depict Indians as gutless a-holes with 0 potential of starting a proper verbal conversation with women unless they're drunk. -___-

http://www.bloodhound94.blogspot.com

5The Big Bang Theory Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Wed May 19, 2010 9:32 pm

Detective_Ryukai

Detective_Ryukai

Hey,i like Raj and Sheldon! Lolx those guys are funny. I found it damn funny when Raj says "What a douche".

6The Big Bang Theory Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Sun May 23, 2010 8:50 pm

Azeron

Uprising Member
Uprising Member

The Big Bang Theory Sheldo10

http://www.bloodhound94.blogspot.com

7The Big Bang Theory Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:12 pm

Chemtrail

Chemtrail
INACTIVE MEMBER!
INACTIVE MEMBER!

Aw, man! Moon- Pie FTW!

8The Big Bang Theory Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:15 pm

Rukawa_Kaede

Rukawa_Kaede

I LOVE The Big Bang Theory. It's slightly awkward nowadays because my mother watches it with me. -___- And then she keeps asking me if I understood the gross jokes and I make up this twisted innocent explanation just to keep her happy. Smile Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum