AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Porco Rosso

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Porco Rosso Empty Porco Rosso Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:29 am

kyo

kyo

To think I thought that this place would take care of itself.... sigh... I guess I must sow some more seeds after all....

Porco Rosso.... This movie should need no introduction.... but... times are tough... so here goes...

Its a story about an ace pilot who.... for some strange reason.... has taken on the form of a pig... gah.... I dont have enough free time.... Ripoff from Wiki follows....

The film tells of the story of Porco and his would-be romance with Gina, who runs a sea pilots' club and hotel in the Adriatic Sea. The plot revolves around Porco's friendship with a girl named Fio, who is a talented aircraft engineer, and his rivalry with a hotshot American pilot named Curtis. Porco has been cursed with the face of a pig, though the origin and nature of the curse is never fully explained.
Originally a WWI ace pilot in the Italian Air Force, Porco has grown disillusioned and now makes his living as a bounty hunter guarding ships in the Adriatic sea from pirate gangs with planes. Though rivals, Porco and the pirates manage to coexist with a minimum of bloodshed. For relaxation, he and other pilots spend their evenings on neutral ground at the Hotel Adriano, the establishment run by Gina.

I loved this movie... not only cause it was loaded with these cool looking aircraft.... but because it has some very beautiful and detailed visuals (as you might expect from the Ghibli Miyazaki combo).... the story is clean and flows well... none of the usual fan service stuff... but still entertaining...

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum