AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Eden of the East

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Eden of the East Empty Eden of the East Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:09 pm

kyo

kyo

Cant see a thread for this series in here.... really a shame... I think someone may have mentioned it on the old Animax forums in passing... but I think it really deserves its own special place.....

A short and sweet series... weighing in at just 11 episodes.... but note that those are 11 action packed episodes.... the series is something you really shouldnt read about.... you have to watch it to really appreciate it.... and to that end I will try to just outline the genre and the overall feel of the series rather than an intro....

Has a little bit of romance.... mostly drama with some graphic violence.... some conspiracy theories and secret organizations... humor is well interspaced throughout and the art is superlative.... dunno what else to say except that you really have NO excuse not to see this show IMO....

The 1st few minutes of the 1st episode is arguably the funniest intro to any anime I have ever seen... and this includes the 1st season of the Melancholy of Haruhi suzumiya and Mikurus off key singing....

2Eden of the East Empty Re: Eden of the East Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:33 pm

DIE HARD

DIE HARD

You've said it bro. I love that white scribbling thingy. Wonder what will Obama say to that! I loved the opening song as well. Really catchy and upbeat,in tune with the series. 

http://insaneanime.ning.com/

3Eden of the East Empty Re: Eden of the East Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:27 am

kyo

kyo

Yeah.... that was the best anime censor patch job I have seen.... EVER.... well actually.... the scene in the Clubroom with Nagato and the books (Haruhi Suzumiya No Yuutsu) was also pretty well done....

4Eden of the East Empty Re: Eden of the East Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:42 pm

DIE HARD

DIE HARD

Yep.. specially how kyon goes, we are not doing this on purpose,it's just co incidence.... or something like that.

5Eden of the East Empty Re: Eden of the East Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:33 am

kyo

kyo

Dude.... your sig.... its just.... sick... BTW.... which anime is that anyway? LoL....

Yeah.... Kyon is the man.... I used to love those pan ups to the sky... and his random complaining about how no one listens to him....

6Eden of the East Empty Re: Eden of the East Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:08 pm

DIE HARD

DIE HARD

I think it's Girls bravo ...not sure though. And reality is always sicker than fiction,kyo!

Too bad season 2 trashed Haruhi completely. It's probably the worst sequel ever..at least,one of the worst...

I read somewhere Eden of the East is being made into a movie.Not sure where.Hmm....

7Eden of the East Empty Re: Eden of the East Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:30 pm

kyo

kyo

OMG.... please tell me that was an optical illusion..... AAAGRHH!!! No.... it wasnt.... Get that stinking ava off this page before I ask Bob to completely waste you....

An Eden of the East movie would be nice.... which reminds me... I heard a rumor that there is going to be a Hollywood Live Action flick based on Cowboy Bebop with Keanu Reeves playing Spike... same with GITS.... but dunno who will play the Major.... the chick from the Matrix would not be bad... one who plays Reeves love interest.... but she lacks the.... err.... figure... even if she has the face....

8Eden of the East Empty Re: Eden of the East Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:50 pm

DIE HARD

DIE HARD

Keanu Reeves=spike=sacrilege!! What were they thinking?

I heard GITS live action is being directed by Spielberg...only rumor though.

I kinda happen to like this ava. Reminds me of the importance of NOT being an idiot....

9Eden of the East Empty Re: Eden of the East Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:01 am

kyo

kyo

Cmon man... have pity on my eyes.... this is cruel and unusual punishment.... but tell you what... I think SG would be the one most offended by it... if I am not mistaken... that is a CCS getup... and SG loves CCS....

I actually thought Reeves would not be a bad idea to play Spike... he looks sorta the part... I mean... who else would you rather have up there? Depp maybe? He could probably do it... but I have never really seen him do a hardcore action role before.... but yeah... now that I think of it.... I would really like Depp to do it....

10Eden of the East Empty Re: Eden of the East Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:33 pm

DIE HARD

DIE HARD

Yeah,my vote goes to Depp as well. The guy's such a versatile actor...he can pull off almost any role with elan!
Btw,how's my new sig? Better?!

11Eden of the East Empty Re: Eden of the East Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:01 pm

kyo

kyo

Its your ava I am freaked out by.... your sig was fine then... and is fine now.... is that Nabari No Ou by any chance? Probably not... eye color does not look right....

BTW... since we should be talking about Eden of the East.... what didja think of the girl in that anime.... she really did not bring that much to the table if you ask me... but in many ways... i guess she was essential.....

12Eden of the East Empty Re: Eden of the East Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:31 pm

DIE HARD

DIE HARD

I thought the girl was there 'cause every anime needs a sexy looking chick. But yeah,without her,the plot couldn't have progressed as smoothly as it did in the initial episodes.
Spoiler:

13Eden of the East Empty Re: Eden of the East Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:58 am

kyo

kyo

Probably paid him with the cellphone? I dunno.... but I dont think I know a sinelg person who would lend their pants to a naked guy in the middle of the street.... unless they had a spare in their backpack or sumthing.... but they show that feller taking off his own to give to Takizawa....

BTW.... heres a little food for thought....

Eden of the East ProdDesign

14Eden of the East Empty Re: Eden of the East Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:10 pm

DIE HARD

DIE HARD

Ahem... ignoring the most provocative picture above (which has nothing to do with the show folks,so don't fret!)for the moment,I present this interesting bit of info...

The official website for the Eden of The East anime series has begun streaming a new trailer for the upcoming theatrical film adaptation on Saturday. The final episode of the original television anime series aired in June with confirmation that the theatrical adaptation will be split into two films. The first film, Eden of The East the Movie I: The King of Eden, will open throughout Japan on December 19 — three weeks after the original scheduled date of November 28. The second film, Eden of The East the Movie II: Paradise Lost, is slated to open on January 9, 2010.

15Eden of the East Empty Re: Eden of the East Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:01 pm

kyo

kyo

What? Its not.... provocative.... just crappy product design.... the angel is now covered with wax.... thats all... *Totally innocent tone and look*

Theatrical movie? Whoa!! Awesome news there!! Cant wait... thought I had seen the last of good ol Takizawa....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum