AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy trilogy

+2
Aceviper
DIE HARD
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy trilogy Empty Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy trilogy Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:47 pm

DIE HARD

DIE HARD

OMG!! Why isn't there a thread based on this?? What would Doughey think,huh? Shame on you!!Seriously,if I can attribute part of my insanity to anything (if such a thing is possible),then I'll have to pick this. This series is UBER COOL!!The stories and characters never get dull,and they always find new ways to amuse you. Brilliant.
My fav characters are Marvin,followed by Zaphoid and then Arthur. My fav book is the first one of the series. My fav drink is "gargle blasters",fav pastime: figuring out what 42 stands for,fav species: Vogons,fav wapons : "kill-o-zap" guns and many more.
So,has anyone else been graced by this awesome work of art??

Last edited by DIE HARD on Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total

http://insaneanime.ning.com/

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

Yeshhhhhh!!!!!!! ME!

Arr0wHeaD will eat this thread out (if he gets his energy back - he's too tired to post') since he HAS read the full thing and now I have taken all of them from him to read. In fact I have already finished the first book. Though I can't say I enjoyed it very much, some parts were funny and it was an okay-sort-of read.

Maybe my views might change after reading the other three....(?)

3Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy trilogy Empty DON'T PANIC!!!! Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:41 am

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

Aceviper wrote:....I have already finished the first book. Though I can't say I enjoyed it very much, some parts were funny and it was an okay-sort-of read.

Maybe my views might change after reading the other three....(?)

Impossible!
No man who's ever read the 1st part can NOT like it. Actually I liked ONLY the first part.
Really funny book. I'd finished the damn thing back when I was like 14 years old. And I'd have loved this book just the same if I got it any other time in my life. This book is an amazing read and the most funniest, most craziest sci-fie adventure I've ever read!

The first I read was this collection called Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy: A Trilogy in Four Parts. But then was like this other 5th book in the school library that ends the series. I'm not giving away any spoilers but it ENDS the whole series. Everything except the 1st and maybe the 2nd book was totally UN-FUNNY! Though I enjoyed reading all of them.

DIEHARD wrote:My fav drink is "gargle blasters"
Uh,... wasn't it the PAN GALACTIC GARGLE BLASTER?

Spoiler:

And yeah Marvin was the funniest in the whole series.

Douglas Adams is totally up there with my favorite comedy/fantasy authors along with Terry Pratchett(DISCWORLD!!!) and Dan McGirth(Jason Cosmo... a very less known, but albeit BRILLIANT book). THE FRIKKIN TRINITY!!!!

Arr0wHeaD

Arr0wHeaD
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

The effects of a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster is like having your brain smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick.

Randomness Personified, that guy is...

Anyone seen the movie? It's pretty alright.

Also this awesome logical reasoning sytem-

Beeblebrox's gambit
A tactical manuver, used while getting hammered, that involves sending down more drinks to report on or asses the progress of previous ones. Popularized by Zaphod Beeblebrox
"Hey, maybe I gotta send down a couple more drinks. You know, to see what the first few are doing."

"Dude, beeblebrox's gambit only makes sense when you're ALREADY hammered. I think you've had enough"

https://amalganation.forumotion.net

Omkar

Omkar

Aceviper wrote:

Arr0wHeaD will eat this thread out (if he gets his energy back - he's too tired to post') since he HAS read the full thing

Not really. There's another equally besotted fanatic here- ME(duh!) Though sadly, he can beat me in this thread coz he has got innumerable dialogues on the tip of his tongue while I can hardly recollect a couple of one liners. But like the zombie werewolf here, I liked the first part the most. But even with that, you have to bow before Douglas Adams for his insane creativity and for creating the funniest character EVER- Marvin.

Aceviper wrote: Maybe my views might change after reading the other three....(?)

Second is more crazy than funny. Third was wacky and unbearable and fourth was just okay types. If you didn't like the first, I doubt you'll like the others.

http://creativelyfertile.blogspot.com/

Ithil

Ithil
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

Has anyone mentioned the cow in the Restaurant at the End of the Universe yet?

Marvin, yes. And the talking doors. And my favourite drink must be the one that's almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea. They serve it at my office twice a day.

DIE HARD

DIE HARD

Wow! I bet you get all you can eat supply of pan galactic gargle busters as well....Hmm...on second thought,does your office has a annoying receptionist with wings??

http://insaneanime.ning.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum