AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vexille: 2077 Japanese Isolation

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Vexille: 2077 Japanese Isolation Empty Vexille: 2077 Japanese Isolation Thu May 21, 2009 10:57 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

In an alternate 21st century, Japan's scientists has perfected the art of biotechnology and robotics, its benefits extending the lifespans of all humans. However, the United Nations deemed the advanced technology a dangerous threat and started strict surveillance on Japan. The government of Japan refused to abide by UN's demands to halt research, in the year 2067 left the UN and isolated itself visually and communically. Ten years later, an American special forces unit by the name of SWORD, led by its female commander named Vexille, are sent to uncover the current status of the isolated Japan, after the country begins its plan to move. The shocking secrets they find will shock the rest of the world.

If you guys liked Appleseed...THEN THIS MOVIE IS FOR YOU!

Personally, I think that this movies had more fun packed stuff than Appleseed.

I overlooked the fact that Americans are speaking Japanese even in their homeland in America...not easy, since they can't speak English itself properly.

Actually, if I compare it to Appleseed, I actually realise that the animation in this was at par...or maybe even better than Appleseed. The movements in this movie were not...well, there was somethng primarily different about the movements in this movie. I don't know exactly what.

The above paragraph in bold, I copied from AnimeNews. There is one important mistake. The team is not led BY Vexille. It's led by her husband (not exactly shown...but since they are living together I'm assuming husband) who goes by the name Leon.

In the next post I've put a spoiler. It's the entire story in brief from Wikipedia. Just click on the word spoiler to showcase the plot.

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

Oh and I forgot to mention that not all the soundtracks are good. 70% of the songs are English. But only half the songs are worth listening to.

Plot
Spoiler:

3Vexille: 2077 Japanese Isolation Empty Re: Vexille: 2077 Japanese Isolation Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:55 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

nice animation!
but the songs kinda soud like a mockery of indian music

4Vexille: 2077 Japanese Isolation Empty Re: Vexille: 2077 Japanese Isolation Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:00 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

Lol! You are right on that point, it is a little funny. But like i said not all the songs are good.

5Vexille: 2077 Japanese Isolation Empty Re: Vexille: 2077 Japanese Isolation Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:08 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

no male characters have much importance in it!
that too i din like!

6Vexille: 2077 Japanese Isolation Empty Re: Vexille: 2077 Japanese Isolation Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:57 am

ai-chan

ai-chan
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

Vexille was a better attempt in the CGI and cell-shading techniques department than Appleseed, though story wise its kinda weak...

http://forum.animeindia.com

7Vexille: 2077 Japanese Isolation Empty Re: Vexille: 2077 Japanese Isolation Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:40 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

the story aint that bad
but its not that different either.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum