AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gurren Lagann

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Gurren Lagann Empty Gurren Lagann Thu May 21, 2009 10:37 pm

DIE HARD

DIE HARD

Full title: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Year of release: 2007
Genre: Adventure, comedy drama, mecha
Production studio: Gainax
Director: Hiroyuki Imaishi
No. of episodes: 27
Animax timings: weekdays at 7:30 pm.

Plot: Gurren Lagann takes place in a fictional future in which human beings have been forced under Earth's surface and live in isolated subterranean civilizations. These "villages" have no contact with the surface world or other villages. Because frequent earthquakes damage infrastructure, the villages must constantly extend deeper into the earth — individuals relegated to this task are known as "diggers".
Jeeha Village is the home of Simon, a fourteen-year-old digger who was orphaned when his parents were killed in an earthquake. Although Simon is respected by the village elders as the best of the diggers, he is ostracized by his peers. Simon discovers a special drill key deep in the ground and is soon recruited by an eccentric fellow orphan named Kamina into his group the "Gurren Brigade". Kamina dreams of the surface world, which he once visited as a child, though he had to return home as he was too young to survive there.
In their closed-off underground village, Kamina and Simon chafe at the limits imposed by the village elder. Yet all this will change, when Simon stumbles across a fantastic device - just as the village's peace is broken by a violent intrusion.

Review: Very good series, bubbling with energy, passion and enthusiasm. As far as mecha series goes, this ranks right amongst the best. Not to be missed, for sure!

Gurren Lagann Gurren

http://insaneanime.ning.com/

2Gurren Lagann Empty Re: Gurren Lagann Thu May 21, 2009 11:05 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

It looks more like beyblade main character in a Ninja Robots styled world.

Except the chick on the right-hand-side...who has quite fully caught my attention.

3Gurren Lagann Empty Re: Gurren Lagann Fri May 22, 2009 1:24 am

DIE HARD

DIE HARD

Erm...not quite!Unlike bayblade,this anime has a story to speak of,and a quite good one at that.
Your right about the chick though( yoko's her name).She hot..hot...HOT...* nosebleed *

4Gurren Lagann Empty Re: Gurren Lagann Sun May 31, 2009 12:56 am

Kahoko_25

Kahoko_25

i did see few episodes, well they were the re runs of the week..
funny i say..

5Gurren Lagann Empty Re: Gurren Lagann Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:49 pm

DIE HARD

DIE HARD

@Kahoko: Funny yes,but it has got some serious kick ass action to boot.And the eighth episode is a shocker..watch to find out!

6Gurren Lagann Empty Re: Gurren Lagann Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:11 am

Lady Poison

Lady Poison
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

EPIC SHOW EPIC !!!!!!!!
insanely epic, if you havent watched it , WATCH IT NOW and subbed Wink

i thought i wouldnt like it cause of the Mecha genre, but i was so wrong , i loved it , along with the mecha ! so Twisted Evil watch!

7Gurren Lagann Empty Re: Gurren Lagann Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:47 am

Holy Cow!! Does that robot have like.. 2 faces?? Shocked

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum