AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How I Met Your Mother

+3
Arr0wHeaD
Red
Omkar
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How I Met Your Mother Empty How I Met Your Mother Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:19 pm

Omkar

Omkar

A supposedly humorous show, it tracks down lives of 5 friends- 3 guys, 2 girls. As Wiki puts it
As a framing device, the main character, Ted Mosby (Josh Radnor), in the year 2030 recounts to his son and daughter the events that led to his meeting their mother, which explains the title and allows for a narration in the past tense. How I Met Your Mother's other main characters are Marshall Eriksen (Jason Segel), Robin Scherbatsky (Cobie Smulders), Barney Stinson (Neil Patrick Harris), and Lily Aldrin (Alyson Hannigan).
You might call it modern day 'FRIENDS'. I won't. The format is pretty similar. You can even draw parallels between many characters-
Robin and Ted- Ross n Rachel- esp. the part after they break up and now there's a bit of awkwardness but they still hang out so as to not spoil their Fraandsheep.
Lily n Marshall - Chandler(minus his coolness) n Monica as married couple.
Barney - A casanova Chandler
It seems pretty interesting. But sadly, it isn't. Everything is weak about the show- the script, the dialogues(if it hadn't been for Barney, I swear I couldn't even have watched the 8 episodes i put myself through) and acting is very ordinary. The narrative style is pretty decent which is the only saving grace.
I know a few people who absolutely love this show. In fact, I am the only one I know who isn't impressed. Am I going against anyone here too?

ACEY! I KNOW PUNCTUATION TOO!

http://creativelyfertile.blogspot.com/

2How I Met Your Mother Empty Re: How I Met Your Mother Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:59 am

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

I saw the first episode and never heard of it since. I liked it. Kinda FRIENDS-ish but not too shabby. FRIENDS wasn't that great a show as it claims to be in the first place. It's good, and worth a watch definitely but not the best show in it's category (one EXCELLENT show would be ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT. Thanks to a very good friend of mine pointed it out for me. You know who you are!)
Fans of FRIENDS will love this show and like Omkar, will find lots of similarities.

Oh and the narration bit it kinda cool. And the other girl, whatshername? Isn't she the girl from the American Pie trilogy(the first 3 movies)?

Stupid thing about the show(for me):
-Barney's the only guy like. But NHP is gay! Yeah. The sex-hungry-self he played in the "Harold and Kumar" movies was just good acting. It came as a shock to me. NHP IS GAY! And the dumbest part is that I'm homophobic. Sad BUT NHP is cool! I'm confused. I hate gay people but I like NHP. Sad
-I like the chick who plays Aunt Robin. But she's married and if my sources are right, she's pregnant. *coughGODDAMMIT!!!cough* I'm in a quandary; do I love the show or do I love the show?

And to top it all, I've only seen the first episode and hence cannot make a judgment. Being me sure does suck a lot.

3How I Met Your Mother Empty Re: How I Met Your Mother Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:56 am

Arr0wHeaD

Arr0wHeaD
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

NPH IS GAY!???

WHAT THE FLOWERS, DUDE!
What about the dialogue 'I Need to get my F*** ON!' in Harold and Kumar?

I feel like Santa Claus just got gunned down by the Chinese Mafia before my very eyes.

And How I Met Your Mother is Awesome. All because of NPH and that Ted guy's straight man antics.

https://amalganation.forumotion.net

4How I Met Your Mother Empty Re: How I Met Your Mother Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:33 am

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

There's nothing wrong with the Show. Its quite funny. I'm on the Thanksgiving Episode, and I've had quite a bit of fun watching it up till now. ^__^

NHP has an awesome role. And not gay. Not just NHP and Ted, but cuz of all the characters...

Specially the cock-a-mouse! And Bask-ice-ball! xD

5How I Met Your Mother Empty Re: How I Met Your Mother Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:00 pm

I love the show!!

And how is it friends-ish? A show whose main characters are friends are FRIENDS-ish?
Then by that logic, shouldn't FRIENDS be Seinfeld-ish.

6How I Met Your Mother Empty Re: How I Met Your Mother Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:30 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

I was talking to Shireen about this. She agreed its like a "ADULT" version of Friends. I might reconcile a bit to calling it that, but I still - for the most part - disagree with the "Friends" relation.

7How I Met Your Mother Empty Re: How I Met Your Mother Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:00 am

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

I'm on the fourth Season now and there are so many episodes which are cute and cudly, and VERY un-FRIENDS like.

First season is fun to watch. Beginning of the second season is dull, but it pics up pace. Second season ending is a little shocking though. Third season starts of nice, but gets quite surprising mid way - unaccounted feelings are created which I wouldn't have thought possible. Third season ending is cute. Fourth season is what I'm about to watch once my mid terms get over.

I'll talk more about this after watching the fourth season.

I'm looking out for people who have the fifth season too. I think I found smeone whom I could take it from.

8How I Met Your Mother Empty Re: How I Met Your Mother Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:22 pm

Arr0wHeaD

Arr0wHeaD
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Oh man, Barney wrote a book called 'The Bro Code'

Check out this excerpt-
http://www.scribd.com/doc/15300476/The-Bro-Code

https://amalganation.forumotion.net

9How I Met Your Mother Empty Re: How I Met Your Mother Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:03 pm

Omkar

Omkar

Arr0wHeaD wrote:Oh man, Barney wrote a book called 'The Bro Code'

Check out this excerpt-
http://www.scribd.com/doc/15300476/The-Bro-Code

Lmao! I know I know! I watched that episode! Its in season 3, a part when his ties are estranged with Ted over Robin.
And I want to retract some of my statements. The show is good once you get used to it. And all because of Barney. He is the life and soul of the show. The show wouldn't have been have as good if it weren't have been for him. Ted is the next best and Robin is fine too. I find Lily lame though.

http://creativelyfertile.blogspot.com/

10How I Met Your Mother Empty Re: How I Met Your Mother Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:55 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

Dude, if you've started watching it from seaon 3 onwards, obviously it wont grab your attention. Take Season 1 and 2 from me. And give me season 4! I dont have all of season 4! I had to stop watching the series cuz of the incomplete season!

11How I Met Your Mother Empty Re: How I Met Your Mother Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:07 pm

heavealie

Uprising Member
Uprising Member

ohh himym is legen wat for it..wait for it..dary.barney is like god haha yeah the bro code rulezz!!this guy is funny as hell but overall the show is really nice not the best but really good.and robin is hotttt and super beautiful like an angel!!!!ohh and i think friends is overrated and overhyped especially in india.you ask any random person that which serial do you watch and the word "friends" pops out of the persons mouth faster den a cannon ball.there are other tv shows like prison break,the office,supernatural,heroes,scrubs etc which are much better den friends.

http://heavealie.blogspot.com/

12How I Met Your Mother Empty Re: How I Met Your Mother Fri May 21, 2010 7:10 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

goodie houser is he the same guy?

13How I Met Your Mother Empty Re: How I Met Your Mother Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:51 pm

Kazuki

Kazuki
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

you mean doogie houser..? yeah..Same guy, much more goodlookingthough.....(:
and definitely gay...*sniff sniff*

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum