AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Informant, The

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Informant, The Empty Informant, The Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:58 am

kyo

kyo

Well... I went for this movie with high hopes... Matt Damon... a script that looked like it was brimming with potential... it had everything... but... as it turns out... the execution was less than perfect.... the movie will elicit a few laughs... but not as many as one would expect given the previews... Damon does a good job toughing it out.. .but he can be seen slipping up towards the end... I think this one was another case of the 'Naam Bade... Darshan Chhote...' syndrome as I sometimes call it...

Damon plays the role of a high ranking exec in the fictional company ADM which deals in the production of Corn and its derivatives (you would not believe how many things corn and its derivatives are used to make)... The gist of the story is that he becomes an informant for the FBI in an attempt to bring the corrupt executives of the company to justice for their illegal 'price-fixing' techniques... the story rolls along with his sometimes hilarious attempts to provide 'intel' to the agents... towards the end... it shifts focus onto Damons character and his own misdeeds... this is where it gets a little... boring... well... not really boring... but I guess there isnt a good word to describe it.... so... lets stick with boring...

Id say about 6-7/10... not more...

2Informant, The Empty Re: Informant, The Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:04 pm

Informant, The??
What are you, a freakin' encyclopedia?

I'll watch this one, because its got Matt Damon ..Very Happy

3Informant, The Empty Re: Informant, The Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:28 pm

kyo

kyo

Hmm? I think I was about to rip off a review from some site where they had the title typed in like that... but then I decided that their review was a bit too crappy... so I typed in my own...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum