AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Public Enemies

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Public Enemies Empty Public Enemies Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:14 am

kyo

kyo

Pretty good movie... but I felt let down by it.... mainy cause of the previews which made the movie out to be a lot more 'action-packed' than it actually is...

Cast: Johnny Depp, Christian Bale and others...

Depp is cast as John Dillinger, an infamous bank robber, charismatic and audacious with absolutely no fear. In is own words...

Dillinger: [to lover Billie Frechette]
"You ain't going nowhere. I'm gonna die an old man in your arms. We're too good for 'em... They ain't tough enough, smart enough or fast enough. I can hit any bank I want, any time. They got to be at every bank, all the time. That's why we're on top of the world. Ain't nobody can lay a glove on us. No ... I ain't going nowhere. Neither are you. What you got to say about that?"

Christian Bale plays Melvin Purvis, an agent of the fledgling Federal Bureau of Investigation... who has made it his mission in life to take down Dillinger. The movie progresses as a dangerous game of cat and mouse is played between Dillinger and Purvis. Lots of casulties on both sides as Dillinger is forced into a corner time and again... only to miraculously escape... when will this game end?

Lets say 7/10.... This movie sorta ended up feeling the same way American Gangster did... the expectations were too high, and even though the movies were
great (objectively speaking) .... I still felt let down...

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum