AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Plants vs Zombies

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Plants vs Zombies Empty Plants vs Zombies Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:34 am

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

PopCap Games have done it again!
I've been really impressed with these people for making such games as Dynomite, Seven Seas, Bejweled and BOOK WORM!
These little games have been spreading the fun and putting smiles on our faces for many many years now and Plants vs Zombies is a shining example to how the legacy continues.

Plants vs Zombies Sspreview1jpg

Ok, the game's basically tower defense but it's loads of fun to play. The setting is that you want to save everyone in your house from the incoming hordes of brain-eating zombies. And what best way to protect your near and dear from the undead than planting pea shooter and sunflowers in your garden. Sounds retarded right? I felt the same way. But I played it anyways and it was so much fun that I spent the entire day playing and NOT writing my lab records like I was supposed to. I'll regret this but I have to say I enjoyed every minute of it.
Ok, so, what you do is you plant different kinds of plants(and fungi) with different powers and stop the zombies before they get to your door. You gain new plants and unlock cool things from killing zombies. There's also Crazy Dave, your neighbor who comes to help you every now and then.
I haven' finished it yet and I'm told that the Adventure Mode has 50 levels or so(I'm at level 37. damn! I'm close)
Other than the Adventure Mode, the game features a Puzzle Mode and a Mini-Game Mode.
The game is 2D and will work even in a typewriter(yes, it works in my computer). It takes up very little HD space and also very low system resources while playing it.

The zombies are extremely funny, most notably the Dancing Zombie which has an uncanny resemblance to.... some dead guy ( a real Thriller.... ring any bell?)
The Plant and Zombie Almanac that you unlock later in the game has hilarious personal info on every plant and Zombie in the game. The Help section in the game is also funny but no help as all it says is:

When the zombies come, just sit there. Don't do anything.
When the Zombies get to your house, you win.
-
Help Section brought to you by the zombies

The game has very cute looking graphics and addictive gameplay. No or very little story exists and you don't really need one.
The critics went gaga over this game too:
Metacritic gave it 88 / 100
Gamespot gave it 8.5 / 10
GameRankings gave it 89.5 /100
What else do you need? Go get it now!

This game has got me addicted to them-little-fun-games again and I'm glad.
My Rating: 8.6/10
Tower Defense was never this fun! (FYI, I never lost a single round, it's really easy Smile)

PvZ for president!

2Plants vs Zombies Empty Re: Plants vs Zombies Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:22 am

Is this a big game? I mean does it come in Cd's?

3Plants vs Zombies Empty Re: Plants vs Zombies Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:04 pm

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

The download is about 57Mb or so. the game's pretty small in size. it's a PopCap game.
Want it? PM me.

4Plants vs Zombies Empty Re: Plants vs Zombies Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:01 pm

lol!! I can give this game 100/10.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum