AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ares the Vagrant Knight

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ares the Vagrant Knight Empty Ares the Vagrant Knight Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:46 am

kyo

kyo

Awesome new manga I have picked up... actually manhua if you want to be technical about it... its like Vinland Saga... but in a different setting... well sort of... anyway...

We have Area... a mysterious young boy wielding a sword... seems completely goofy and airheaded... until he starts to swing his sword...

We have Michael... another mysterious swordsman... also young like Ares... very calm and collected personality... until he starts fighting... cause then he transforms into a cruel (borderline psyhotic) killer...

Then we have Baroona... does not say much... but is a voice of reason... wields an odd looking weapon... daggers which are connected to steel rope... very strong... but remains calm and objective under all circumstances...

These three manage to join the Temple mercenary guild in the kingdom of Chronos... the most feared mercenaries in the kingdom... and they grow to be friends... watch as they survive tough battles, rise through the ranks and battle the demons from their pasts...

European-esque setting... timeline is skewed though... apparently they had sunglasses, cigarettes (proper cigarettes) and packaged food in the middle ages... Sweet action sequences... and powerful characters...

2Ares the Vagrant Knight Empty Re: Ares the Vagrant Knight Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:57 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

kyo wrote:We have Area... a mysterious young boy wielding a sword... seems completely goofy and airheaded... until he starts to swing his sword...

We have Michael... another mysterious swordsman... also young like Ares... very calm and collected personality... until he starts fighting... cause then he transforms into a cruel (borderline psyhotic) killer...

Then we have Baroona... does not say much... but is a voice of reason... wields an odd looking weapon... daggers which are connected to steel rope... very strong... but remains calm and objective under all circumstances...

These three manage to join the Temple mercenary guild in the kingdom of Chronos... the most feared mercenaries in the kingdom... and they grow to be friends... watch as they survive tough battles, rise through the ranks and battle the demons from their pasts...

European-esque setting... timeline is skewed though... apparently they had sunglasses, cigarettes (proper cigarettes) and packaged food in the middle ages... Sweet action sequences... and powerful characters...

This one sounds good. Am getting it straight away. ^__^

3Ares the Vagrant Knight Empty Re: Ares the Vagrant Knight Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:28 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

kyo wrote:We have Area... a mysterious young boy wielding a sword... seems completely goofy and airheaded... until he starts to swing his sword...
is it Ares or Area?

4Ares the Vagrant Knight Empty Re: Ares the Vagrant Knight Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:54 am

kyo

kyo

Aiya... its Ares... did I spell it wrong? A and S are just too darn close together on the keyboard....

Whatever... really cool series... ripped through about 14 odd vols already... a really unexpected plot twist came up though... which sorta sucks in a way... but one which I really wanted to see happen...

5Ares the Vagrant Knight Empty Re: Ares the Vagrant Knight Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:10 am

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

Done with the first volume. Kyo, are you sure its good? I mean, it is again one of those bleach-type manga.

Strong protagonist. Mind you, he enter with a C class degree. Then we have the high-fi whats-his-name bad guy from the ''Thieves' den(?) who is the famous Tample Mercenary expel, who cuts down 5 A class soldiers straight away. And then we have a C class coming in and doing damage and I so know whats coming next, kyo.

Art work is nothing great. Was the mang-aka trying to mix a little Samurai Champloo in his animations?

I'll be continuing on with the next volume since YOU have recommended it. And also the fact that other sources seems to give it a good rating. Maybe its the type to hook you on later during the manga.

Will comment about it later also. No one go by my opinion. Which chapter / volume are you on, kyo?

6Ares the Vagrant Knight Empty Re: Ares the Vagrant Knight Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:18 am

kyo

kyo

Well... there is a long buildup period before it gets to the meat of the story... the 1st 4-5 vols I believe merely focus on building up the character rep with these sorts of fights... and a little history about the countries and the characters.... the real twist comes later... wont say more... but trust me... try to keep going... I actually liked the character art... nothing special... but it was good... the art I really liked was in the other one... 'The One' and I especially liked the art from 1/2 Prince... but I digress... trust me... give it some more time...

7Ares the Vagrant Knight Empty Re: Ares the Vagrant Knight Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:56 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

Well, now I'm on Volume 11, and you're right. The story is nice. The animation is different than normal - unconventional form - but it's the story which counts too!

The first few volumes are irritating and boring, but once the fights start to pick up, it gets interesting. I'm trying to keep up with the releases as of now. Should get on par by next month.

8Ares the Vagrant Knight Empty Re: Ares the Vagrant Knight Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:33 am

kyo

kyo

Need to start this one again.... Got sidetracked by Vinland Saga.... which is killing me with is slow release rate.... cliffhanger chapters can be sooo annoying!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum