AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New York

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New York Empty New York Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:09 pm

Omkar

Omkar

i watched the 'current sensation'. the oh-so-different movie is umm-okay-okay types. by all the hype media generated- times of india 4 stars. ok i hardly believe in toi, some of my earlier posts might have betrayed that. but mumbai mirror gave 3 and i believe in it. the case now- believeD in it. by the way i just found out the mumbai mirror reviewer mayank shekhar left and joined hindustan times. i guess that sums up the incorrect judgement.
anyway, point is the movie was not so bad, the only thing making it that was the acting. now i can see you raising your eyebrows but ya, neil acts well after the initial 15 min. katrina is shockingly natural and john, well, pretty good. no, really.
nice concept, lame script(the twists are way too obvious. and the typical yash raj touch), watchable execution. best part- 1st 5 minutes in which the credits appear with a superb background music playing(NO, for god's sake, no, its NOT pritam, some firang who composed it). maybe its the big screen effect.
some scenes did touch my heart strings. like when neil gets dumped(in a way). nice song there. and the climax.
sad part- its quite flaw ridden. like:
1. john entry scene. 'inspired' from main hoon na. equally lame but even more corny.
2. neil goes outta new york on 7/11 eve. the reality- new york was all curfew ed at that time. no chance in hell he could've escaped.
3. interrogation room has blue flaps like the white ones covering the windows. really? its generally an airtight room with almost no direct ventilation. not convincing.
4. interrogation scene-camera view through cctv. neil is shown mulling sitting in different positions with the time fast forwarded. its fake i.e. manipulated. if the time is fast forwarded, he should be shown rapidly changing positions not fading in and out from different positions.
5. climax. warning- spoilers ahead
john plants a bomb in FBI bldg. then he comes on the terrace of the same bldg.
flaw no 1. what for? to die? but no, he has no intention of doing that. he loves his family too much. then why?
flaw no 2. snipers have surrounded him from all directions now. the mobile bomb he is having, he drops it on the terrace floor raising his hands but he's not exactly surrendering. he's not destroying the bldg either. what's he thinking?
flaw no. 3 immediately after he drops the controlling cell(which looks exactly like a motoyuva by the way), snipers shoot him dead. and his wife too. why katrina? are they so lousy at their aims? irrfan khan, the FBI officer, who had earlier given a written statement ensuring john's safety doesn't even protest.

6. neil in one scene says people, even strangers look down at him wherever he goes post 9/11. neil throughout the movie looker even more fair than katrina-maybe he is. and his hair is brown. his eyes are small. nothing about his looks betrays asian ness. doesn't add up.
7. katrina looks way hotter 6 years after her college came to an end than she did in her college times. now maybe that's just me.
timepass karna hai to jao. but even otherwise, you got nothing to miss.

http://creativelyfertile.blogspot.com/

2New York Empty Re: New York Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:54 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

well the biggest flaw of em all is makin this crap movie

3New York Empty Re: New York Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:49 am

kyo

kyo

You want flaws?

Where did the rest of Abrahams team disappear?? After planting the explosives they just go poof...

When Neil is on the phone with Irfaan after figuring out where the damn bombs are... he makes Irfaan wait while he blathers on instead of telling him right away... Priorities?

Why in gods name did out friend Neil wait until the last possible second before letting John know that his dear wife is in the building?? I mean come on...

And as for John... the dude is supposed to be a hardcore terrorist who does not mind shooting his comrades right? But when the building is being evacuated (and he cant not have heard or seen it) why doesn't he blow it up? He waits for Irfaan and Co to get up top... Jeez...

Music wasnt too bad... Katrina lit up the screen as usual... but thats about it... a good concept which was shoddily executed...

4New York Empty Re: New York Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:41 pm

Omkar

Omkar

ekjactly! totally true man Clap

http://creativelyfertile.blogspot.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum