AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

kaminey

+5
Arr0wHeaD
MayFlower
Red
Jin
Omkar
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

1kaminey - Page 2 Empty kaminey Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:56 pm

Omkar

Omkar

First topic message reminder :

this is the only movie in a pile of shit that's gonna b released in this month that i feel can kick your ass, and hard. directed by vishal bharadwaj, a supremely talented director, music composer and a producer, the trailer hardly reveals the plot. but the feel, you feel slapped- that's how hard hitting it is. 26th june- desperately waiting for the date.
http://creativelyfertile.blogspot.com/

26kaminey - Page 2 Empty Re: kaminey Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:43 am

Omkar

Omkar

*searches the whole forum* wow, nobody gave any reviews and left me to do the honours first? love you all!
3 excruciating days later, i went for 2 40 show today(only coz the earlier ones were booked) i entered, and the movie began. u know, there's a certain thrill when u see an A certificate in front of ur eyes. anyway, it began with an explosion. and i knew my life wasn't going to be the same again. kaminey's gonna haunt me with the rest of my life.
from the very first scene, it proceeds at a breath-robbing pace, with a cinematography to match the gritty plot, background music that matches up to keeping the adrenaline high, the speech impediments lightening up many of the scenes, the dialogues whacking you with their kickass-ness, and the acting, oh my gawd, the acting-
shahid kapoor *red, take note. i am talking about your SHAHID F***ING KAPOOR!* has given his career best performance. the stubble look(i would've preferred some more of it though) makes him look so amazingly obnoxious when coupled with his act, you feel like beating the shit outta him. and when i say that, i mean that's how much he's perfected his badass act. similar with the simpleton one. priyanka chopra, in one word, extremely endearing, even with a machine gun in her hand, in her maharashtrian role. and convincing too. screw fashion, she rules in this.
amole gupte, the politician cum villain, is so tailor made for this role and plays it so well, he will be scraping up the best debut awards next year. mind it. the scene involving stubbly shahid's friend and gupte, man-o-man, you wonder- is this bollywood? you feel like killing russel peters and his B'WOOD IS OH SO RETARDED acts.
after dev d, this is the best movie our industry has come up with. nobody of the amalga-nationals should miss it.
p.s. i have not been paid by UTV, though i think they must. but that's the stuff that comes under the banner WISHFUL THINKING.

27kaminey - Page 2 Empty Re: kaminey Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:34 pm

MayFlower

MayFlower

omkardaone wrote:.....amole gupte, the politician cum villain, is so tailor made for this role and plays it so well, he will be scraping up the best debut awards next year. mind it.

Is that the same Amol Gupte who came up with the story of Taare Zameen Par?
And yeah I heard he was amazing in Kaminey.

Last edited by MayFlower on Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total

http://musingsofamaiden.blogspot.com/

28kaminey - Page 2 Empty Re: kaminey Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:29 pm

Omkar

Omkar

YEAAAH! can u believe it?!

29kaminey - Page 2 Empty Re: kaminey Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:37 pm

akshay_1991

Uprising Member
Uprising Member

err... I just watched it 2day!

Its so lame!... And guess wad!... It was house full for the 10am show!.. And u won't believe this!.. After the interval, I saw the 1st 4 rows empty! Also, the chiks sittin besides me vanished too! Yeah! I mean VANISHED! :O It was that bad for the normal people! Razz

And as Arrow said about the normal bollywood movie, it was! Good prediction man! Clap Very Happy

Overall, I'd give it 1.5 stars.. And you know for what!?.. So that i could sleep in peace! I don't know how I managed it, but it reminded me of Om Shanti Om [The sleeping part]

And wtf!.. TOI gave it 4 stars?! So that means its as good as watching The Hangover!?.. I'm sure this would have been their 1st paid review! The others are already sold out! Razz

30kaminey - Page 2 Empty Re: kaminey Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:46 pm

Omkar

Omkar

i want to bit by bit rape you for this!
akshay_1991 wrote:

Its so lame!
!@#$%^&*()_ (its supposed to be a 'clean' forum, right?)

akshay_1991 wrote:After the interval, I saw the 1st 4 rows empty! Also, the chiks sittin besides me vanished too! Yeah! I mean VANISHED! :O [size=18]
maybe they decided the empty toilets were safer and less awkward places of making out.Rolling Eyes besides, same happened with vishal bharadwaj's last film omkara. people can't handle good stuff when it deals with rawness.

akshay_1991 wrote:And as Arrow said about the normal bollywood movie, it was!
ARROW, HASN'T SEEN THE MOVIE YET! HE CAN'T JUDGE!Evil or Very Mad

akshay_1991 wrote:Overall, I'd give it 1.5 stars.

again, !@#$%^&*()_+ (somebody please remove the no profanity restriction, for the sake for holy hell)

akshay_1991 wrote: And you know for what!?.. So that i could sleep in peace! I don't know how I managed it, but it reminded me of Om Shanti Om [The sleeping part]

you are a perennially sleepy person anyway. no use saying this.

akshay_1991 wrote:And wtf!.. TOI gave it 4 stars?! So that means its as good as watching The Hangover!?

my turn to say WHAT THE F***. how can you bloody even DARE to compare kaminey with hangover? kaminey is wayyyyy better those are from different genre(just trying to be diplomatic)
but at the end of the day, its always- to each, his own. so akshay, buddy,*grandly* you are spared!

31kaminey - Page 2 Empty Re: kaminey Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:19 am

So he doesn't have your taste, big deal.

32kaminey - Page 2 Empty Re: kaminey Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:59 am

MayFlower

MayFlower

omkardaone wrote:
akshay_1991 wrote:After the interval, I saw the 1st 4 rows empty! Also, the chiks sittin besides me vanished too! Yeah! I mean VANISHED! :O [size=18]
maybe they decided the empty toilets were safer and less awkward places of making out.Rolling Eyes

Lol this is EXACTLY what came to my mind when I read Akshay's post.
(This is a spam post btw) Razz

33kaminey - Page 2 Empty Re: kaminey Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:45 am

kyo

kyo

It wasnt a bad movie.... but I thought that the lisp was kinda annoying... I guess it was... errr.... necessary for the plotline... added a novelty factor and kinda made the brothers seem more like brothers... (even though theyre frigging twins...)... It got a little messy during the hotel scene... plot seems to go haywire and then comes back to normal...

34kaminey - Page 2 Empty Re: kaminey Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:43 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

tananana tananana tana
tananana tananana tana
tananana tananana tana
tananana tananana tana
Tan Ta Tan tantantan
thats the only thing good about the movie!
hope u din get it!

35kaminey - Page 2 Empty Re: kaminey Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:00 am

SaintExodia

SaintExodia
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

I WATCHED IT!

And boy, for a Bollywood movie, it is quite effing Awesome. The movie gave me a Guy Ritchie vibe right from the beginning. Whoever didn't like it probably is a person who just watched all those commercial hindi BS. I loved the movie, its about friggen time Hindi cinema improved. Props to Vishal bhardhwaj, you my man deserve a little golden statue of a man.

36kaminey - Page 2 Empty Re: kaminey Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:23 am

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

die shahid die!

37kaminey - Page 2 Empty Re: kaminey Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:17 am

kyo

kyo

Jin wrote:die shahid die!

How very original...

Good to hear you liked it Saint...

38kaminey - Page 2 Empty Re: kaminey Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:48 pm

MayFlower

MayFlower

Ah yes this movie I liked.The story is nothing new.Kind of like old wine in new bottle..but it keeps you engrossed till the very end.Midway I got confused with the plot...too many bad guys.But everything became clear soon enough.
I think I'm finally turning into a Shahid fan after Kaminey(and after his new make-over Razz)Amol Gupte was brilliant in the movie and Priyanka fared excellently too.
Definitely a must-watch movie of this year.

39kaminey - Page 2 Empty Re: kaminey Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:59 pm

kyo

kyo

You mean the 'bachpan-mei-bichada-bhai' angle? Yeah... tried and tested favorite... but the new take was interesting... its not like they were completely disconnected though... the brothers both at least knew what the other was up to... even if they hadnt spoken to each other for whatever number of years.... I wont go so far to say I am a fan of any Bollywood actor/actress... but I will admit that Shahid has done some good work in the recent past...

40kaminey - Page 2 Empty Re: kaminey Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:47 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

Bagpipes wrote:I think I'll bet 25,000$ on the fact this movie will flop. Badly.

FIRST PAGE! GO EVERYBODY! SEE WHAT HE SAID!

ROFL! GIMME DA MONEY!

41kaminey - Page 2 Empty Re: kaminey Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:07 am

kyo

kyo

Sweet... in case you ever get that money... please loan me some...

42kaminey - Page 2 Empty Re: kaminey Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:21 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

the movie aint that good!
but the movies releasd simultaneously were bigger flops.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum