Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage [PS3] Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage [PS3]

Go down

Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage [PS3] Empty Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage [PS3]

Post by Ampitup Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:13 am

Note: I do not own a copy of the game. This review is solely based on gameplay walkthrough videos I've watched on YouTube.

Fist of the North Star: Ken’s Rage 2 takes out the bad things from the first game while introducing more cut-scenes that stay closer to the manga plot. Fist of the North Star or Hokuto no Ken is about a guy named Kenshiro who happens to be the sole successor of an ancient martial arts technique called Hokuto Shinken. Kenshiro is trying to find his lover, Yuria, who was kidnapped by a man called Shin. Kenshiro is clearly a homage to Bruce Lee via his fighting stance and the ATATATA that shows up in manga panels when Ken does a flurry of kicks/punches.
Game wise, the predecessor had a bug that made weapons vanish as soon as the character dropped it. Ken’s Rage 2 fixed that while removing the ability to jump. There are places in the game where a jump is a must and the computer seems to take over then. Being closer to the manga plot than ever before, the walkthrough/game is the best way to relive or get to know about the manga in general. The stage is a post apocalyptic world where money is meaningless and food is scarce. Water is gold and huge minions and bosses with clearly crazy moves exist. Kenshiro’s technique allows him to hit pressure points on a body which causes it to explode from the inside. Also the whole Warriors Orochi/Musou type of map/gameplay and hordes of enemies can be found here.
If you’ve already read the manga then sorry to say but the game ends at the first half. The second half, I’m not sure if they will make another game for it. I hope they do. You know why it’s going to be more awesome than the first half.
Ampitup
Ampitup

Male Posts : 192

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum