AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lie to me

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lie to me Empty Lie to me Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:34 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

Lie to Me is an American television series that originally ran on the Fox network from January 21, 2009 to January 31, 2011. In the show, Dr. Cal Lightman (Tim Roth) and his colleagues in The Lightman Group accept assignments from third parties (commonly local and federal law enforcement), and assist in investigations, reaching the truth through applied psychology: interpreting microexpressions, through the Facial Action Coding System, and body language.

Based on the real-life scientific discoveries of Paul Ekman, the series follows Lightman and his team of deception experts as they assist law enforcement and government agencies to expose the truth behind the lies.

The season opens with Cal and Gillian hiring a new associate: TSA officer Ria Torres, who scored extraordinarily high on Cal's deception-detection diagnostic, and is in turn labeled a "natural" at deception detection. Her innate talent in the field clashes with Cal's academic approach, and he often shows off by rapidly analyzing her every facial expression. She counters by reading Lightman and, when he least expects it, peppers conversations with quotes from his books.

It was gradually revealed that Dr. Lightman was driven to study micro-expressions as a result of guilt over his mother's suicide. She claimed to have been fine in order to obtain a weekend pass from a psychiatric ward, when she was actually experiencing agony (which mostly parallels Paul Ekman's anecdote in his book "Telling Lies").

For a small number of the early episodes, Lightman would team up with Torres to work on a case, while Foster and Loker would team up on a separate case. Occasionally, their work would intertwine, or Foster and/or Lightman would provide assistance on each other's cases. As the first season progressed, the cases became more involved, and all four of the main characters would work together on one case for each episode.

In addition to detecting deception in subjects they interview, Lightman and his team also use various interviewing and interrogation tactics to elicit useful information. Rather than by force, they use careful lines of questioning, provocative statements, theatrics and healthy doses of deception on their own part. In the show's pilot episode, Lightman is speaking to a man who is refusing to speak at all, and is able to discern vital information by talking to him and gauging his reaction to each statement. This approach is also taken in several other episodes (e.g., "Do No Harm").

Of course: Taken from wiki Very Happy

I enjoyed all the episoodes in the First Season and the second season was really fun watching! Im currently getting the third season Very Happy

2Lie to me Empty Re: Lie to me Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:46 pm

renny

renny
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

first season wasn't so interesting but second one was definitely rocking..

I haven't watched season 3 (wait i did not even know there was/is a season 3) T.T

3Lie to me Empty Re: Lie to me Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:53 pm

MayFlower

MayFlower

^Yes there is a season 3.
But I still haven't finished season 2 thanks to all the Korean and Japanese dramas I've been addicted to recently. It's bloody brilliant...needless to say of course.

http://musingsofamaiden.blogspot.com/

4Lie to me Empty Re: Lie to me Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:35 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

It was decided to unair the shop =( Damn!

However, awkwardly enough, it hasn't been decided to be shut off permanently. Hence, there MAY be more seasons!

5Lie to me Empty Re: Lie to me Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:01 pm

p0laris

p0laris
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

i really like it !! i wish i could do what he does ,just look at a person and you know = D,damn thats sooooo cool ^^

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum