Kamiwaza (Jap) (PS2) Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kamiwaza (Jap) (PS2)

2 posters

Go down

Kamiwaza (Jap) (PS2) Empty Kamiwaza (Jap) (PS2)

Post by Ampitup Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:18 pm

The title says it all and this explains my absence from the portal for more than a week. The fact that this game was never translated makes me sad. It comes from the makers of Way of the Samurai and the game is about a thief who apparently steals a little kid from a house during one of his usual stealing escapades. He raises the girl as his own and turns a new leaf living a respectable life. Sadly, good things don’t last forever and the girl falls sick. The guy has no choice but to steal things again in order to buy her medicine. Think of the game as stealth meets stealing. The guy can steal anything (almost). You can steal those paper lanterns people hang outside a shop or a good luck statue and even clothes of a woman (which is a skill you need to buy). Since the game is in japanese, its hard for me to proceed any further. Likewise, I can’t tell you much about the story as well. The guy carries a small bag around his neck that gets filled as you steal more stuff. You can level up while stealing and this drastically reduces the stealing time on large objects. Each object comes with a lifebar that needs to go down in order for him to steal it. So, you need to hit the object continuously till the meter drops dead and he’ll shift it to his bag in one sweeping motion. A pretty neat trick I found while playing was that you can hide the bag in some random place where people don’t come and at the touch of a button he’ll pull the bag towards him. What’s amazing is that you can do this in any place. For example, you could leave the bag in place A, proceed to place C and grab it there. As for not getting caught while stealing, you need to dodge as soon as someone sees you. If timed right, the guy does stunts like a gymnast and he turns all blue while there’s a sparkly air around him and at this point you can steal anything and everything in one hit. Also, every steal adds a bonus so you’ll see that the steals are shown in yellow (golden) color.
One good aspect of the game is that you can NEVER kill anyone. If you steal someone’s money they’ll just faint and get up a few seconds later and walk like it never happened. Also during stealing you need to cover your face with the scarf. The more people see you, the more they’ll start to recognize you to the point that the notice boards will feature a lame-ok-good-exact replica of you. When you reach the final level, you get caught when you head home. And I’ll stop here before I end up writing every little detail I found out while playing. Its my first Japanese game and I’m glad I picked it up. I don’t know if I’ll ever complete it on my own but I don’t regret getting it either.
Ampitup
Ampitup

Male Posts : 192

Back to top Go down

Kamiwaza (Jap) (PS2) Empty Re: Kamiwaza (Jap) (PS2)

Post by Ampitup Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:33 pm

Bump! I completed the game sometime ago. It was an amazing experience. To be able to finish it off without any walk-through or guide is something I'll always cherish. Maybe one day I'll pick it up again and explore on my own like I did on my first try.
Ampitup
Ampitup

Back to top Go down

Post by p0laris Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:57 am

I WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT!!!OMG I HAZ PS2 SO I CAN PLAY NEXT MONTH AFTER MY BOARD'S!!!OHHHHHHHH YEAH!!
p0laris
p0laris
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

Personal Message : Manga/Anime is my Birthright and i shall have it. :P
Female Sagittarius Posts : 125
Birthday : 1995-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Ampitup Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:41 pm

Good luck downloading. I don't think you'll find this title lying around in some gaming shop since its Japanese.
Ampitup
Ampitup

Back to top Go down

Post by p0laris Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:17 pm

= I
Damn !!
Maybe they'll have it in Australia ^_^v
p0laris
p0laris
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ampitup Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:00 pm

Lemme know if you meet Kangaroo Jack there.
Ampitup
Ampitup

Back to top Go down

Post by p0laris Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:40 am

Meh..
I really don't wanna go,I'd rather spend my time at home = (
p0laris
p0laris
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum