AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Primer

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Primer Empty Primer Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:20 am

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

Primer Primer1
Primer (2004)

BULL: (saw this last year... thought I'd write a review for it... even though I'm not worthy to do so)
Recommended to me by an old friend from school, I sat down to watch this movie one night. At first, I was annoyed with the SUPER fast dialogue delivery(IMO). Five minutes later, I stopped watching it, downloaded the subtitles and reluctantly started all over again. Independant movies were never the same to me after that.
Next day, I watched it again.

STORY:
Now, I'll try to make this as short as possible because anything I might end up saying could become a potential spoiler.
Abe and Aaron are bestest buddies...... and engineers. By day they are normal office going losers, but at night they hang out over at Aaron's garage to make things...... for fun. Yup, that's what they do. They get together with two other douchebags they know and they just sit and INVENT stuff. What a bunch of losers!
They go about their "inventing" in hopes to find VCs who would buy their stupid, no good, dorky projects. That way they get MORE money which can fund even MORE projects.

One night, while nearing the completion of one of those pet projects they'd been working on, they realize they've stumbled onto something big. Something HUGE! So huge that it could possibly change the way we look at... Nah, I wont ruin it for ya =) See, I'm a generous and merciful god. More animal sacrifices please.

Primer Primertest
Aaron and Abe test the new device
(Look at them! They wear ties for their garage projects!)
(Who in the world would wanna wear ties after work? Frikkin dork!)

What happens next is that they try to make it big "using" the new invention to make some easy money. What makes them total assholes is that Aaron and Abe keep this discovery a scret from the other two dweebs they work with. And soon things begin to get complex and tensions between the two of them start going out of hand and escalate into an all out FIGHT.... no, not with like punches to the face and shit and you seriously can't expect these pussies wusses to start a fist fight now would you?... Would you? Really? Come on! They're nerdy engineers!
Anyways, that's the general premise of the movie. And that's all I'm gonna say about it.

REVIEW:
First off, it's almost inmpossible to understand everything in the movie by watching it just once. Even if you did watch it once and you have feeble traces of grey matter in your head, you will love it. This is the kind of down-to-earth, sci-fi, indie movie that can please a lot of people.... maybe not action junkies and highschool kids with ADD, but a hell lotta people who like to watch movies that leave them thinking, "How in God's name does a dork him end up with a hot babe like her?" After which you close your eyes and say to yourself that it's just a movie and it's not real. Hot girls don't do that in real life. It's just a movie....

Moving on; the acting is done very well,... um... it doesn't even feel like they're acting. It's like they're living it. And those guys sure do look like nerds.
Unbelievably, this movie was shot with a budget of around 9k USD. Yet, it's such an intelligent piece of work... it's a frikkin masterpiece! I have absolutely nothing more to add to this but some more flowery words to tell you how good this shit it. And I think my limited vocabulary is getting to me.

WORD OF ADVICE: Don't read the wiki page before you watch the movie. Maybe you can try that afterwards because there's a chart that shows how the "money making system" works.... for those who didn't get it the first few times.

RATING: 10/10
Perfect score for a perfect movie.

The only thing this movie needed to be much more awesome were giant ninja robots and hot babes with machineguns and samurai swords... but I'll wait for Suckerpunch to get here ^_^

And I really can't wait to see A Topiary which is Shane Carruth's next project. I know it's going to be epic. I just know it!!!

2Primer Empty Re: Primer Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:49 pm

Arr0wHeaD

Arr0wHeaD
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

I watched this on your recommendation. I watched first and read the wiki page.

Then I watched again. Story wise it's commendable, and the performances are authentic.

Problem is the editing is CRAP. It's hard to understand for no good reason.

And what about
Spoiler:

Definitely not bad. But far from 10/10 in my opinion.

https://amalganation.forumotion.net

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum