Nurarihyon no Mago Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nurarihyon no Mago

3 posters

Go down

Nurarihyon no Mago Empty Nurarihyon no Mago

Post by Ampitup Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:57 pm

Alternative title:
Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan (English)
ぬらりひょんの孫 (Japanese)
Genres: comedy, psychological
Themes: Demons, Exorcism, Hybrid, Leader, love triangle, Monsters, Onmyouji, School life, Secret Identity, Spirits, Split Personality, Yakuza, yokai

Plot Summary: Rikuo Nura, is 3 parts human and a quarter Demon, lives in a house of spirits with his grandfather, The current clan head of the Nura youkai. Rikou is set to be the next clan head, despit the fact he dilikes his demon side. He soon come to terms with his demon blood and decides to take his position as young master of the Nura house. However there are those who will certainly not allow it to be easy.

Running time: 24 minutes per episode
Number of episodes: 24
Courtesy: ANN

The latest anime on the block along with Kekkaishi (animax). Quarter human indeed since he can't keep his cool demon form during the day (it works only when the sun sets). I enjoyed watching this show (don't I always?), loved the two OPs from Monkey Majik. For the chibi fanatics the second ending has a chibi dance sequence. It deals with a kid who denies his demonic heritage and wishes to live his life as a human, have friends and all that blah. Soon things happen and he is forced to accept the fact that he can't have things both ways. He decides to take the role of the third commander meaning he is next in line to being a Supreme Commander of 1000(?) demons being able to lead what is known as a tumultuous horde. The split personality side helps him deal with problems on both sides despite his age. He can take major decisions that will affect the demon family and at the same time think about the safety of his friends. He's the demon with a heart who loves humans and demons equally. Anyway it's an interesting/informative series, you get know more about Japanese folklore and stuff like that. A must watch if you're a supernatural fanatic or want to know more about Japanese myths. Before I forget, you'll find 26 episodes online but in reality two of them are re-caps of the first two arcs. A second season has been confirmed as well.
Ampitup
Ampitup

Male Posts : 192

Back to top Go down

Nurarihyon no Mago Empty Re: Nurarihyon no Mago

Post by Detective_Ryukai Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:24 pm

I like it so far Smile watched a few eps ^^ I love Fast Forward! plus the plot is very interesting ^^
Detective_Ryukai
Detective_Ryukai

Female Aries Posts : 325
Birthday : 1995-03-26

Location : Honky Tonk....i kicked AG out .Waiting for Ban Mido

Back to top Go down

Post by shruti Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:45 am

Thanks for persuading me to watch it Ampi! (The you-will-get-educated theory)
I love Japanese mythological stuff and Nurarihyon is certainly good looking. It's a nice anime!
@Ampi: second season!? I'd like that Smile
shruti
shruti
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

Female Leo Posts : 53
Birthday : 1994-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down