AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Empty Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:17 am

Ampitup

Ampitup

Nostalgia is what I’m talking about. I still remember a few scenes from the movie from back when I was a kid. It was one of the coolest movies aired on tv. If I may say so, and I bet a lot of people out there will back me up - Kimberly the pink ranger became a household name after that. Red and I were reminiscing some old skool cartoons from the CN era and out popped Power Rangers. Thought of getting the movie first thing in the morning since the one I found was a very small encode (should have known). Anyone remembers this one? I’m not starting a discussion of some sorts, just wanted to know if people have watched it and still remember it?
As for me, one of the best scenes was at the end where they watch fireworks and a song plays in the background. Found it last night, Dreams – Van Halen.

2Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Empty Re: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:27 pm

kyo

kyo

AAh... I still remember bits from one of the Live Action movies I watched... or was there only one? Something to do with some purple goo.... That said... I was never that much into Power Rangers... Baloo from Talespin was my childhood hero...

3Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Empty Re: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:19 am

Ampitup

Ampitup

Yep purple goo - Ivan Ooze. Talespin is classic, along with Ducktales and Mummies Alive! (which aired on DD Metro back then). And before I forget, Jungle Book. I'll never forget Sherkhan's entrance music. A majestic tune befitting his stature. Still manages to give me goosebumps every time I listen to it.

4Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Empty Re: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:49 pm

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

Ampitup wrote:Yep purple goo - Ivan Ooze.
I think he used to say "OOOOOOOOOZE" a bit funny too.
Godzilla-sized old man who could turn into a puddle of living purple yuck... pure badass.
And hey, don't forget that Jar Jar Binks-ish annoying robot that goes "Ai ai ai ai!!!"

This movie was so cool back when I was a kid. If I remember it right, I saw it first in Star Movies and I've definitely seen it more than once. It was that cool!
First the Rangers lose all the powers and then they get it back and then......... GIANT MECHA ANIMAL ROBOTS!!!
And then they fuse together to.... WOW! That huge colossal... ninja robot thing makes the real Ninja Robots robots look like some nerd with aluminum foil wrapped around. Or Super Human Samurai even, for that matter.
And what was really cool was that it was LIVE ACTION and the animations were pretty cool!!!.... for that time.
I didn't know shit about shit back in then and I really didn't follow the Power Rangers TV series at all.
Heck, I didn't even know there was a White Ranger till that movie (FYI, I still don't know... is there one?)
And then there's the song "I've Got the Power" playing somewhere....

Spoiler:

Now that I think about it, it was such a godawful movie... =)
But thanks for the trip down memory lane, Amp.

5Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Empty Re: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:55 am

Detective_Ryukai

Detective_Ryukai

Ahhh i watched the later versions of these.... pretty interesting rip off of the Japanese versions ^^ i think i watched Mystic force and SPDF or was it SPD?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum