AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Commercialization of Sports in India

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Commercialization of Sports in India Empty Commercialization of Sports in India Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:45 pm

Rukawa_Kaede

Rukawa_Kaede

Yup, very interestin topic. **nods**
OK OK I DON"T HAVE A FRIKKIN GODDAM CLUE ABOUT IT!!!
I have to submit a project on it (economics) and I don't know a goodddammm thing...
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
You guys are smart. *points accusingly*
Don't do it for me but shoot some facts my way.
I have to basically write about commercialization-done
Then about some sport-done(I chose cricket-IPL)
And then write about commercialization of that sport-This is where you guys come in, don't do it for me, just help a young innocent kid.
And compare it with another-I can do this if you help me with the above **nods**

Whats in it for you?
I'll...I'll tell you my board exam marks, even if I fail Razz Razz Anddd...give you some of ryukai's chocolate cake if I ever meet you!
Lets see how you resist that!

Commercialization of Sports in India Image010

Commercialization of Sports in India Image020
(Images from https://amalganation.forumotion.net/graphics-and-videos-f26/ryu-s-horrendous-art-work-t553.htm )

2Commercialization of Sports in India Empty Re: Commercialization of Sports in India Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:18 am

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

DAMN YOU!

You're evil!
You can't misuse the power of DetChan's awesome chocolate cake to get your assignments done.

That's just wrong!

Haven't you ever seen the SPIDERMAN movies?
With great chocolate cake comes great responsibilities!

....but alas, the power of the cake is too much for me to resist.
You win this time, foul one!

Things you could write about:

*Yeah, IPL is a good place to start.
You could say stuff like:
-Exploiting the nation's favourite passtime.
-Absolute disregard to the gentleman's game by turning it into more of a cheap way to get more rating, ie, more money.
-Inclusion of cheergirls to get a wider audience.
-Hence terribly profit oriented.

*How sports other than cricket is never really encouraged much, unless there comes along an athlete who won a Olympic medal or equivalent acclaim with no/next to nothing in the form of ASSISTANCE from the government/sports board.
Eg:
-Tennis before Sania Mirza (sure we had Vijay Amrithraj and Mahesh Bupathi and Leander Pace... but still very pathetic back then)
-Shooting before Abhinav Bindra
-Chess (not really a sport but still) before Vishwanathan Anand.
- The pathetic condition of the Indian Football and Hockey teams,mind you Hockey is the Nation's Official Sport.

In short: People need money and the true love for sports has long since gone if only it had ever existed to begin with.

If you don't get enough stuff, do as we've always done; repeat the points and keep filling in the spaces with flowery words and bullshit.

I hope this becomes completely useless info for you.
Damn you for abusing the power of cake on us!

3Commercialization of Sports in India Empty Re: Commercialization of Sports in India Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:49 pm

Rukawa_Kaede

Rukawa_Kaede

Yayy!!! Half of my project is over! MWUHAHAHA
I'll mention amalga in my bibliography Razz
Thanks again, I owe you one a lot of cake!!!

4Commercialization of Sports in India Empty Re: Commercialization of Sports in India Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:28 pm

Detective_Ryukai

Detective_Ryukai

when did i agree to supply cake? Red, you got suckered into it....you aint getting any cake ^_^ V Peace! Rukawa....good luck with Soujna's stupid policies....Mwahhahaha! We Home Science students RAWK!

5Commercialization of Sports in India Empty Re: Commercialization of Sports in India Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:31 pm

Rukawa_Kaede

Rukawa_Kaede

For me? What a Face
@Ryukai: No seriously please, bake one for my b'day Ill give him that. He's gonna roast me and feed me to camels if this doesn't pay off.

6Commercialization of Sports in India Empty Re: Commercialization of Sports in India Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:10 pm

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

.....you guys really don't have to send me cake... you could give me +Reps though.
It's a real loss for me, but you're still in school so I'll make a discount.
(but nobody cares anymore about reputation and rewarding so it's kinda pointless)

And DetChan, you DID promise me a cake in the CB that one time.
I still remember it and I intend to have some of it when I'm in Hyderabad. (quite possibly never)

7Commercialization of Sports in India Empty Re: Commercialization of Sports in India Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:41 pm

Detective_Ryukai

Detective_Ryukai

Hehehe Smile We'll see. Maybe you'll get job here or something.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum