AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Fray

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Fray Empty The Fray Fri May 14, 2010 2:27 pm

Rukawa_Kaede

Rukawa_Kaede

The Fray, love them!
In case you don't know already, I'm obsessed with the methods these people use to think of their band name.
The Fray's story:
They chose the name, from a suggestion bowl kinda thing, that was placed during a graduation party from Caleb Slade.
(The members of the band first claimed that they found the name suitable because they frequently quarreled over the composition of the lyrics in their songs. However, they have since stated that the band is usually on good terms while composing music, and acknowledges contributions from all of its members.)<---Either I'm awfully dim, or wiki is awfully confusing since I don't see the connection. Maybe I should check up the definition of Fray in a dictionary.
Anyway they're an alternative rock band and have four members :
Isaac Slade
Joe King
Ben Wysocki
Dave Welsh
Wait, time for Ctrl C and Ctrl V from wiki:
The Fray is an American four-piece alternative rock band from Denver, Colorado. Formed in 2002 by schoolmates Isaac Slade and Joe King, the band achieved mainstream success with the release of their debut album, How to Save a Life in 2005, which was certified double platinum by the RIAA and platinum in Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the UK. The Fray achieved national success with their first single, "Over My Head (Cable Car)", which became a top ten hit in the United States. The release of their second single, "How to Save a Life", brought the band worldwide fame. The song charted in the top three of the Billboard Hot 100 and was a top 5 single in Australia, Canada, Ireland, Italy, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom.
The band's second self-titled album, released in 2009, debuted at number-one on the Billboard charts and was certified gold in the United States, Australia and Canada. It was also nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Pop Vocal Album in 2010. While both the albums were commercially successful, critical reception was mixed. The Fray was ranked #84 on Billboard's "Artists of the Decade" list.
The Fray's use of the piano as the lead instrument in their music has led critics to compare the band with British piano-driven bands like Coldplay and Keane. However, the band lists its influences as Counting Crows, Better Than Ezra, Radiohead and U2.

Anyway if you haven't heard any of their songs, I suggest you listen to:
How to Save A Life
You Found Me
Over My Head
Ungodly Hour
All awesome!!!! <3

2The Fray Empty The Fray Fri May 14, 2010 6:48 pm

Azeron

Uprising Member
Uprising Member

Yeah, I was listening to this band an year ago
Only listened to their self-titled debut album though
Great band Very Happy
Lead singer got good voice and nice lyrics
Though most of their songs are really depressing and wouldn't go out of place at a funeral Razz
My favourites:
You Found Me
Say When
Never Say Never
Syndicate
How To Save A Life
Ungodly Hour

http://www.bloodhound94.blogspot.com

3The Fray Empty Re: The Fray Fri May 14, 2010 7:28 pm

Kahoko_25

Kahoko_25

Me likey too. Enjoyed their songs; especially "You found me". Fray has been the coolest band in my list of 'favourite bands'.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum