AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Japanese Wife 2010

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Japanese Wife 2010 Empty The Japanese Wife (2010 movie) Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:53 pm

Arr0wHeaD

Arr0wHeaD
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

From Wiki-

The Japanese Wife is a 2010 Indian film directed by Bengali film director Aparna Sen. It stars Rahul Bose, Raima Sen and Moushumi Chatterjee, and Japanese actress Chigusa Takaku in the title role. It is in English, Bengali and Japanese.[2] The film was originally scheduled for release in October 2008,[3] but the release was delayed until 9 April 2010.

The story revolves around a young village school teacher (Rahul Bose) marrying his Japanese pen friend (Chigusa Takaku) over letters and remaining true and loyal to her throughout his life, while actually never meeting her.

New Movie, sounds interesting.
I like the fact that Rahul Bose is in it, and the plot seems deep.

Anyone else heard or talking about this one?

https://amalganation.forumotion.net

2The Japanese Wife 2010 Empty Re: The Japanese Wife 2010 Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:15 pm

Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin

Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

Me! Me! Me!

Well, yeah, I'm expecting it'll be good. It did get decent reviews. I even found the book in Crossword about a year ago; dunno why I didn't bother picking it up back then. But it does seem really poetic so I hope to watch the movie when I'm not feeling too restless...

3The Japanese Wife 2010 Empty Re: The Japanese Wife 2010 Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:50 am

Omkar

Omkar

Yeah, The Japanese Wife has been in the news since a long long time. Aparna Sen as a director (not many would agree with me but I think the national award winning Mr. and Mrs. Iyer was aesthetically spellbinding) is one to reckon for and just as much a delight as an actress. But of course, there are some movies you watch in theaters and others whom you just go for the DVD(.....prints) and this flick belongs to the latter category.

http://creativelyfertile.blogspot.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum