AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gackt

+2
Red
Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Gackt Empty Gackt Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:53 pm

Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin

Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

Yes, indeed...it's surprising how this thread wasn't made earlier...given the months I've been on this forum. But well, it had to be made by me. So here it is -

Gackt Camui (神威 楽斗, Kamui Gakuto, born July 4, 1973) is a Japanese musician, composer, and lyricist, as well as a poet, author, actor, designer, and model. Usually referred to by his mononymous stage name (currently stylized as GACKT), he is known for his career as a solo artist and as the former vocalist for the now-defunct band Malice Mizer. Besides Japanese, he has performed in English, Korean, Cantonese, and Mandarin.

During his solo career, Gackt has released nine albums and 34 singles. His music has been used as theme songs for various anime, television dramas, and video games, such as New Fist of the North Star, Bujingai, Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII, and Kamen Rider Decade, amongst others. He co-starred and co-wrote the 2003 film Moon Child and he acted in the NHK drama Fūrin Kazan as Uesugi Kenshin.

Courtesy Wikipedia.

Now, most of you who here already know him but a lot of you haven't heard him, yet. As a musician, I think the man is sheer talent. And I would truly appreciate it if you went ahead and gave his music a try. Gackt is known to try something different with every song of his and in case you can't choose which single of his you want to start off with, I could always suggest something based on your musical preferences. Thank you.

2Gackt Empty Re: Gackt Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:45 am

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

After that deathblow you gave me at the JRock girly-men thread, I really didn't wanna post here. But I changed my mind because you're such a... truth be told, I don't really know why. Oh and you've always been good to me, maybe that's why Very Happy ....except for that one time with the deathblow at the other thread mentioned above =P

GACKETguy means a lot to this chick! So I don't want her to be sad-like.
Somebody post something!
I can't see why, in spite of such a big (apparent) population of JRock fangirls here, this topic remains to be empty.

Wake up call!

"DING DONG!
MY DONG!"

Girls, get up! Start talking about GACKETguy.

Shweta, this is all I could do.
I tried.

Oh and the reason why I don't wanna listen to GACKETguy's songs is because "if" I don't like what he's singing, I "will for sure" bitch about how crap he is. I don't wanna take that risk and kill you by killing GACKETguy's singing... because you've been good to me at the CB... but then there's the deathblow but still.

*goes back to Cave of No Dental Hygiene to practice Lumberjack Assassin Skills*

3Gackt Empty Re: Gackt Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:09 am

Lol! @ Red

Ha! Even I was thinking why there ain't a thread for him, Since all are rather 'forced to watch him Very Happy

4Gackt Empty Re: Gackt Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:12 pm

Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin

Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

@Red: I'm touched that you wanted to post in this thread! Sankyuuuuu!! -glomps- ^_^

It's alright if you don't like what he sings!! You have the freedom to bitch about him in this thread too! After all, that is your opinion and the way you think about him. Every celebrity has a fan following which is matched with an equal number of people who don't like them and also some haters. But that doesn't change the way I look at things because everyone is entitled to their opinion. I don't have to necessarily appreciate everything you like and even if I bitch about say, some of the bands you really like, I don't think you would be shattered, ne? In the same way, I want you to try Gackt's music before making an opinion about him. After you've heard his songs, if you like him, well, that's great. If you don't, that's fine too. But that way, at least I'll know exactly what you think about him, right? So I'm telling you - go listen to his music. You don't have to watch the videos. In case you don't know what song to start with, I'd recommend Redemption to you. I have a feeling you'll like it. Most people do anyway. ^^

I have always been nice to you because I felt that you've tolerated my Gackt fandom without any complaints. But I will stay firm on this - as long as a musician creates good music, their talent must be appreciated. The way they look is to garner fangirls so boys are bound to hate them and their feminine ways.

@Mills-chan: Haha!! Well, I dunno why I didn't do this earlier. But well, we have one now!! And you guys aren't forced into it...I only recommend him to you, since he's my favorite artiste and I feel deeply about him. ^o^

5Gackt Empty Re: Gackt Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:01 am

Very Happy, I was just kidding!
Can you give me a certain list of his best songs?

6Gackt Empty Re: Gackt Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:08 pm

Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin

Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

Sure, Mills-chan! ^^

The first five songs of his that I'd recommend would always be Vanilla, Redemption, Returner, Lust for Blood and Dears. It's a pretty random list I made up but I guess you'll like them all. ^o^

7Gackt Empty Re: Gackt Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:50 pm

Detective_Ryukai

Detective_Ryukai

Ano... when did DS turn into a girl?
i havent heard of him...Gackt i mean ....but still no risks being taken ...too lazy

8Gackt Empty Re: Gackt Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:22 pm

Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin

Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

Detective_Ryukai wrote: i havent heard of him...Gackt i mean ....but still no risks being taken ...too lazy

I sort of expected you hadn't. Most people here didn't know him until I said "Gackt" a million times and drilled it into everyone much to their pleasure (and mostly displeasure too).

What I don't get is why people believe a musician's looks should affect his music. I said this even on the J-rock no Sekai thread and I'll repeat myself here. No matter what he looks like, if he is a talented, he must be appreciated. Let me cite the example of Boy George. Everyone knows that man was weird. But its not like he didn't have fans. In fact, I know of a lot of people who were afraid of the way he looked but absolutely loved his music. Did they let the fact that he uses strange makeup and doesn't look human, leave alone looking like a man or a woman, affect their liking for his music? They didn't. Boy George was a rather extreme example I had to use but it was to put my message across. The musicians I appreciate look a little feminine perhaps, but that's so that they look appealing and dashing to their fangirls. I'm not asking anyone here to appreciate their beauty. All I'm asking you is to listen to their music. If you hate the music, you are at liberty to come here and bitch about it. But kindly do not make judgments before you've heard their songs.

Thank you. =)

9Gackt Empty Re: Gackt Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:42 pm

Geez! What-ever you say, His music videos are awesome ^^

10Gackt Empty Re: Gackt Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:42 pm

Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin

Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

Ah...you think so, Mills-chan? -glomps- They ARE awesome....the only reason I'm not recommending his videos here is because I don't want to force people to watch him.

But yay! You like them! So, which PVs of his have you watched?

11Gackt Empty Re: Gackt Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:31 pm

Detective_Ryukai

Detective_Ryukai

Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin wrote:
Detective_Ryukai wrote: i havent heard of him...Gackt i mean ....but still no risks being taken ...too lazy

I sort of expected you hadn't. Most people here didn't know him until I said "Gackt" a million times and drilled it into everyone much to their pleasure (and mostly displeasure too).
All I'm asking you is to listen to their music. If you hate the music, you are at liberty to come here and bitch about it. But kindly do not make judgments before you've heard their songs.

Thank you. =)

Woah woah im not bitching...im just saying im too lazy to...and im not judging anybody in anyway...ive heard the gazette and i didnt like them ..hence the comment...no offence meant at all. Why on earth am i being misunderstood by everyone?! *looks heavenwards*
Thank you as well.=)

12Gackt Empty Re: Gackt Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:00 pm

Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin

Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

Woah woah im not bitching...im just saying im too lazy to...and im not judging anybody in anyway...ive heard the gazette and i didnt like them ..hence the comment...no offence meant at all. Why on earth am i being misunderstood by everyone?! *looks heavenwards*
Thank you as well.=)

Ah! You misunderstood me!!!! Gomen gomen gomen!!! -bows- Guess I feel very passionately about stuff and people think I take offence! Well, that's not the case! ^^

I didn't mean you were bitching! I said you could if you heard Gackt and didn't like him. I understand you said you were too lazy to even try. But Gackt is entirely different from The Gazette. I listen to both and there is a vast difference between them! Gackt's music is aimed at all audiences...whereas The Gazette's music can be enjoyed only by J-rock lovers.

That's why, all I'm asking you is to try Gackt once. My mum's a dedicated Gackt hater but even she likes a few of his songs...so I'm sure you will too! ^___^

13Gackt Empty Re: Gackt Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:49 am

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

Redemption

I heard it.
Not bad really.

Metally every now and then.
Pretty decent song from somebody I thought would be a load of crap.
Guess I shouldn't judge people before I tear open their torso and eat their vital organs.

=]

And there's a guy in that song who mumbles to himself. Sounds like some distant noisy radio chatter. Heavily annoying. Sucks the fun out of a potentially good song.

Then again, it was too very much POP/Alternative for my tastes.
I probably wouldn't listen to another song of his.... maybe; but I definitely wouldn't stop people from listening to him.

GacketGuy's OK!

14Gackt Empty Re: Gackt Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:20 pm

Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin

Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

Arigatou gozaimasu for listening to Gackt, Red-chan!! -hugs-

I'm glad you didn't hate him... =)

And yes, you do need to try something before passing judgment over it ^^

15Gackt Empty Re: Gackt Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:28 pm

renny

renny
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

am jst his huge fan... his songs...are superb.. and dance...weird...lol

16Gackt Empty Re: Gackt Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:59 pm

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

Shweta, you got company!
She says she's a huge fan!

This could mean competition too.

I'll watch.

17Gackt Empty Re: Gackt Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:29 pm

renny

renny
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

well...red boy...she already knws abt it.... Razz

18Gackt Empty Re: Gackt Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:08 pm

Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin

Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

@Red-chan: What you see on Riyo-chan is actually the result of some fine promotion on my end. Gackt really needs to start paying me! I've increased his fangirl count over the past year Razz

@Riyo-chan: And Red-chan thought he was in for some fighting between us...-sigh- poor him....

19Gackt Empty Re: Gackt Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:00 am

shruti

shruti
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

ohhh............. I'd never even heard of GAckt!...I'll download a few songs of his and listen to them overnight tonight.. *whispers to shweta-- he's cute Razz *

20Gackt Empty Re: Gackt Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:35 pm

Detective_Ryukai

Detective_Ryukai

Heard him....Ghost and le ciel arent bad....i cant stand last song though

21Gackt Empty Re: Gackt Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:11 pm

Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin

Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

@Shruti: Un, if you like men with baritone voices, you'll like him for sure! -whispers back: Yup...why do you think he caught my attention? Eh? Eh? Eh? lol-

@Ryukai-san: Ghost is a pretty good single. Le Ciel is from his Malice Mizer era, so it's quite nice too. Last Song isn't a favorite even among Gackt fans so I don't blame you for hating it. I can't stand the song myself. If you want to listen to some of his better songs, I'd recommend Redemption, Vanilla, Returner, Jesus, Nine Spiral, Illness Illusion and so on. ^^

22Gackt Empty Re: Gackt Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:21 pm

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

Great.
There are other people posting here too,.... great.
Looks like a job well done.
*packs bags*

And Baritone voice?
Seriously?
GacketGuy????
Maybe it's because I've only heard Redemption,.... or maybe I don't know what baritone is anymore.
Must be all that Gregorian Chants,.....

23Gackt Empty Re: Gackt Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:35 pm

shruti

shruti
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

I liked redemption... the tune in the beginning is real nice.. and he's got good looks and he's a model.... he's quite resourceful.... Razz

24Gackt Empty Re: Gackt Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:06 pm

Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin

Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

And Baritone voice?
Seriously?
GacketGuy????
Maybe it's because I've only heard Redemption,.... or maybe I don't know what baritone is anymore.

Yes, Red-chan, baritone. You should try listening to some of his older songs....like from his Malice Mizer era or his very recent ones, like Setsugekka. These do scream baritone. Redemption, not so much. And yay! Others are posting here too!! Looks like you did a great job, Red...-pats-

@Shruti: Redemption is awesome! You should try his other songs too...you'll like 'em. And oh yes, he's multi-talented...he sings, writes, models, composes, and even designs guitars!! -prances about in Gackt land- And he's a pretty inspiring person, which sums up why I like him...^^

25Gackt Empty Re: Gackt Mon May 10, 2010 2:29 am

Lady Poison

Lady Poison
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

Gackt sama is one my all-time favourites Very Happy
I like most of his songs.
Favorites include Illness Illusion, redemption, Hoshi no Suna, Mirror, Jesus, Oasis,Vanilla etc
XD

& Gackpoid to which Gackt had lent his voice to, his my fave vocaloid I love you
Gakupo !!!! What a Face

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum