AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

21 (2008 Film)

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

121 (2008 Film) Empty 21 (2008 Film) Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:34 am

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

MIT senior math major Ben Campbell is accepted into Harvard Medical School but cannot afford the $300,000 cost. Despite having a high 44 MCAT score and a 4.0 GPA, Ben faces fierce competition for the prestigious Robinson Scholarship which would provide a "free ride" through medical school. He is told that he needs a way of "dazzling" Harvard in some way to stand out from the other well-qualified applicants.

One day in math class, Professor Micky Rosa challenges Campbell with the Monty Hall problem, which Campbell solves successfully by using variable change and simple math. Seeing talent, Rosa invites Campbell to join his blackjack team, which consists of fellow students Choi, Fisher, Jill, and Kianna. The system involves card counting, and the team—shepherded by Rosa—is split into two groups. "Spotters" play the minimum bet and keep track of the count. They send secret signals to the "big players," who place large bets whenever the count at a table is favorable. Campbell is unsure at first, but decides to join the team, telling Rosa he is only doing so until he can pay for medical school.

Rosa takes the team to Las Vegas over many weekends; Campbell comes to enjoy his luxurious lifestyle there. His performance as a "big player" impresses Rosa, but Fisher becomes jealous at Campbell's blackjack success. Ben and Jill also develop a mutual attraction, which culminates in the pair having a sexual encounter in Jill's suite. Meanwhile, security chief Cole Williams and his sidekick Terry monitors the blackjack team, particularly Campbell.

AWESOME MOVIE! And a nice ending. Heck, this has been one of my best movies in a while.

221 (2008 Film) Empty Re: 21 (2008 Film) Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:18 am

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

Oh yeah!
"WINNER WINNER, CHICKEN DINNER!"
I remember this.

Well, it's a good movie and I LOVED THE ENDING!
And what's this about being based on a true story? Any true?

The movie has a good cast and I loved the soundtracks. [KASABIAN!!!!!]

Somebody told me Teen Patti is a Hindi remake of 21. Highly unlikely.
Sir Ben Kingsley would never be part of a lame rip-off.
Anybody seen the movie?

321 (2008 Film) Empty Re: 21 (2008 Film) Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:33 pm

renny

renny
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

i loved this movie, its my top fav... using basic math at poker games.. used to use it too.. lolzz. but frendz zone only....

fav quote: "winner winner, chicken dinner" and to think dis quote is actually used.. like..hell..everytime

421 (2008 Film) Empty Re: 21 (2008 Film) Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:55 am

kyo

kyo

I dunno... even though this movie had Kevin Spacey in it... I didnt really like it all that much for some reason... can think why really... thats not saying that I hated it... but just that I didnt like it as much as most other people...

521 (2008 Film) Empty Re: 21 (2008 Film) Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:54 pm

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

riyo wrote:i loved this movie, its my top fav... using basic math at poker games..

Uh.... wait.
Using math to play poker is called "counting cards",... right?
And I hear that it's nowhere near an easy task. It's more like COMPLEX math than just BASIC math.
*remembers Hangover*
*drools at the thought of Heather Graham*

riyo wrote:fav quote: "winner winner, chicken dinner" and to think dis quote is actually used.. like..hell..everytime
Eh... If I remember correctly, the line is repeated only twice, making a total of 3 times in the whole movie.
Sure it's a catchy phrase but I don't really think they over used it much.

Kyo wrote:... even though this movie had Kevin Spacey in it... I didnt really like it all that much for some reason... can think why really...
WAAAAAAA?
Kevin Spacey, man!
I'll blindly follow the guy into a pit.

621 (2008 Film) Empty Re: 21 (2008 Film) Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:02 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

@ red- I think she means in real life they must be using that a lot.

721 (2008 Film) Empty Re: 21 (2008 Film) Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:35 pm

renny

renny
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

ya acey.. i mean in real life... dat line.. is taken straight out of a poker club..may b writer paid a lot of visit... Very Happy

counting cards...well..its not dat hard.. once..u got d trick of it... but. den u gotta b uber smart too^^

luved Kevin's act... he jst fit d role so perfectly....

821 (2008 Film) Empty Re: 21 (2008 Film) Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:24 pm

Ranko

Ranko
INACTIVE MEMBER!
INACTIVE MEMBER!

Yep liked this one alright...they have aired it on hbo so many times now...but this is one that I cant watch more than once though >_>

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum