AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Name Is Khan

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My Name Is Khan Empty My Name Is Khan Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:20 am

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

My Name Is Khan

My Name Is Khan Mynameiskhan001u

The Backstory
Spoiler:

(No,I haven’t seen Dostaana)

Review:
The first half of the movie was unbelievable! It was very above the average, heck it was pretty good for Bollywood movie standards. The story was kinda non-linear with the movie making jumps back and forth through flashbacks and memories. Very enjoyable.
For once I thought Mr. Johar had made a good movie… for a change.

After the interval,… well, that’s when the movie began to suck. I mean SUCK ASS HAIR! VERY HARD! SO HARD! OH SO VERY HARD THAT IT HURT JUST TO THINK ABOUT IT! VACCUM SO IMMENSE IT SUCKED YOUR BRAIN OUT THROUGH YOUR ASS. I am not exaggerating. It was that bad!

Karan Johar was at it again. Happily... no “gaily” destroying another potentially good movie. A movie that could have made it to the “internationally acclaimed” status. It could have achieved something ALL of his other movies put together couldn’t have done in a million years; A GOOD REVIEW.
BUT NOOOOO! He’s a frikkin pansy wearing a skirt begging for nasty in-out-in-out from behind!
He had to go and fvck the movie left, right and centre from the second half all the way to the ending.

I’m never watching his movies again.
I’ve decided!
And I will urge you, everyone of you to join me to form an angry mob that will march up to his house and burn it to the ground!
Death to Karan Johar!

The acting on the other hand was pretty good. Even SRK acted… or at least tried to, which is the most he has done since his FAUJI/CIRCUS/BAZEEGAR/DARR years.
(and Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi IMHO, which was a pretty decent movie)

SRK – Done it fairly well though very reminiscent of Dustin Hoffman’s performance in Rain Man. But it sometimes got pretty crappy. Crappy = Bad acting clearly perceived. Not something you’d expect from the guy who they call the king of Bollywood. Or is it? I don’t know for certain anymore!

Kajol – Lead female role. Done it exceptionally well. Remarkable acting throughout the movie. She was so good that she out did EVERYONE ELSE!... as usual. Go Kajol!

Sonya Jehan - *Drool*

Everybody Else – Insignificant.

Rating: 4.5/10
I’m giving this movie more than 2 only because Kajol was pretty good in it.
Oh and 0.5 for the hot chick(Sonya Jehan) who plays Rezwan Khan’s sister-in-law.
Oh Haseena… Hai! Hai!
My Name Is Khan 20070928160300111909919
*drool*
*swoon*
DAMN!

My Thoughts About the Movie - One by One
Spoiler:

Final verdict:
Starts good, becomes stale somewhere in the middle, falls flat on the face towards the ending, and ends rotting like a week old carcass.

Don’t rent this movie.
Don’t even download it!
Don’t even give the DVD to your worst enemy!
Stay at least 70 feet away from anything to do with the movie.

…3…2…1… and you’re safe.

Oh and for the record;
I LOVED RAB NE BANA DI JODI!
Sue me!

2My Name Is Khan Empty Re: My Name Is Khan Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:33 am

Omkar

Omkar

That is genuinely the most hilarious review I have ever read! Give him some pluses everybody! I don't feel like, at least not for now. Too sleepy. Next time Red baby, pakka!

http://creativelyfertile.blogspot.com/

3My Name Is Khan Empty Re: My Name Is Khan Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:40 pm

MayFlower

MayFlower

That's a nice long review you've written Red.
But I disagree with most of what you have to say..except maybe the part that SRK can't act....or let's just say he can't act naturally.
The 1st half is slow and drab...Kajol's entrance scene is lame.
You don't spew out some pathetic life philosophy while helping out a man who was just about to be run over by a vehicle and then turn back without even offering him some help -_-
Kajol's dialogue delivery in her high-pitched voice induces irritation...she overacts most of the time.
The only parts I liked were after
Spoiler:
.....especially when she tells Sonya Jehan that she needs to be a mother for the moment to fight for justice.That bit was good.
But this I have to say....Kajol looks the cutest in this movie.Without any shadow of doubt.
Coming to the movie.....the Hurricane Rita scenes were highly exaggerated.They should've been edited out.
The movie drags out for too long and tries to touch on too many issues at one go.As a result it fails to deliver a hard-hitting message.
SRK's acting in this one was good...he tries to keep it seasoned and balanced for the most parts.But somehow it was nothing too extraordinary...
And yes Sonya Jehan's character was well-portrayed and eventually it becomes an asset to the movie.

Best scene from the movie(According to me):When SRK talks about his son Sam at the funeral in Wilhelmina saying that he was his best friend....or rather his only friend.That's the only place where I got misty eyes.
Another scene which touched me would be when Haseena dons her head scarf once again and tells her students that her hijab was not only a part of her religion but a part of her existence in itself.

All in all the basic premise of the movie was promising...but it fails to produce the desired effect.

http://musingsofamaiden.blogspot.com/

4My Name Is Khan Empty Re: My Name Is Khan Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:39 am

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

@Omkar: Thank you, thanky and thankiess!
Your support and encouragement helps me retain my insanity in this stupid sane world that forces me to brush my teeth and take a bath regularly.
Thank you once again!

@May

MayFlower wrote:Kajol's entrance scene is lame.
True! In fact I forgot to mention that.
Johar-boy wanted to make it look like the next Kuch Kuch Hota Hai with a single mother and an autistic madman.
MayFlower wrote:You don't spew out some pathetic life philosophy while helping out a man who was just about to be run over by a vehicle and then turn back without even offering him some help -_-
Yeah, her dialogue sounded somehing along the lines of "Dar sabko lagtha hai. Gala sabka sukhtha hai. Lekin dar ke aage jeet hai!" I wouldn't have been surprised if in the first she was wearing a Mountain Dew T-shirt.
MayFlower wrote:Kajol's dialogue delivery in her high-pitched voice induces irritation...she overacts most of the time.
NO! Don't say that!
Don't go stabbing at my feelings with a Bowie Knife!
YOU MEANIE!
MayFlower wrote:.....especially when she tells Sonya Jehan that she needs to be a mother for the moment to fight for justice.That bit was good.
Yes!!!!
Totally!
But then the next line kinda spoiled it for me. "Anger gives me strength to go on."
That was so not cool, but it was Kajol so I'll forgive her for that!
Than again, ANY scene with Sonya Jehan is good.
*drool*
MayFlower wrote:And yes Sonya Jehan's character was well-portrayed and eventually it becomes an asset to the movie.
*Drool*
MayFlower wrote:Another scene which touched me would be when Haseena dons her head scarf once again and tells her students that her hijab was not only a part of her religion but a part of her existence in itself.
*Drool*
Uh?
What? Yeah!
Totally!
In fact I believe she looks hotter in that veil thing.
MayFlower wrote:The movie drags out for too long and tries to touch on too many issues at one go.As a result it fails to deliver a hard-hitting message.
Yes! Yes! Yes!
I couldn't have said it better!
MayFlower wrote:Best scene from the movie(According to me):When SRK talks about his son Sam at the funeral in Wilhelmina saying that he was his best friend....or rather his only friend.That's the only place where I got misty eyes.
Yeah it was pretty good.
But did you notice?
When SRK tried to act all senti and mental at the same time, he kinda forgot about the fact that he was AUTISTIC and was saying it like a normal guy. At least I felt so.
And the scene was ruined soon after by ass-raping "Hum Honge Kamiyab".
I cried for the death of that song.
MayFlower wrote:The 1st half is slow and drab...
Now here I disagree with you!
Slow, yes but it was necessary.
The airport checking scene sucked. It was as though the cameraman was having a seizure or something. The camera was jerking around like there was no day after tomorrow.
But then he talks about his childhood and that was exceptionally well done by that kid.
And then about how he goes to America and tries to adjust with the lifestyle, that was IMO pretty good.
Spoiler:
First half (SUPER IMHO) better than the second. Well, that's what I think.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum