AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Political Insanity

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Political Insanity Empty Political Insanity Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:15 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

Wiki defines Politics as:

Politics is a process by which groups of people make collective decisions. The term is generally applied to behavior within civil governments, but politics has been observed in other group interactions, including corporate, academic and religious institutions. It consists of "social relations involving authority or power" and refers to the regulation of a political unit, and to the methods and tactics used to formulate and apply policy. The word "Politics" comes from the Greek word Πολιτικά (politika) from politic (adj.), modeled on Aristotle's "affairs of state," the name of his book on governing and governments, which was rendered in English mid-15 century as Latinised "Polettiques." In Latin, this was "politicus" andin French "politique". Thus it became "politics" in Middle English (see the Concise Oxford Dictionary). Politics are important - important for the working of our country. Without Political Stability, any country would be in absolute anarchy.

Wiki defines Secularism as:

Secularism is the concept that government or other entities should exist separately from religion and/or religious beliefs. In one sense, secularism may assert the right to be free from religious rule and teachings, and freedom from the government imposition of religion upon the people, within a state that is neutral on matters of belief, and gives no state privileges or subsidies to religions. In another sense, it refers to the view that human activities and decisions, especially political ones, should be based on evidence and fact unbiased by religious influence. In its most prominent form, secularism is critical of religious orthodoxy and asserts that religion impedes human progress because of its focus on superstition and dogma rather than on reason and the scientific method.

Holyoake invented the term "secularism" to describe his views of promoting a social order separate from religion, without actively dismissing or criticizing religious belief. An agnostic himself, Holyoake argued that "Secularism is not an argument against Christianity, it is one independent of it. It does not question the
pretensions of Christianity; it advances others. Secularism does not say there is no light or guidance elsewhere, but maintains that there is light and guidance in secular truth, whose conditions and sanctions
exist independently, and act forever. Secular knowledge is manifestly that kind of knowledge which is founded in this life, which relates to the conduct of this life, conduces to the welfare of this life, and is
capable of being tested by the experience of this life."

Secular Society:
among the first to delineate the nature of a secular society, D. L. Munby characterizes a secular society as one which:

1. Refuses to commit itself as a whole to any one view of the nature of the universe and the role of man in it.
  2. Is not homogeneous, but is pluralistic.
  3. Is tolerant. It widens the sphere of private decision-making.
  4. While every society must have some common aims, which implies there must be agreed on methods of problem-solving, and a common framework of law; in a secular society these are as limited as possible.
  5. Problem solving is approached rationally, through examination of the facts. While the secular society does not set any overall aim, it helps its members realize their aims.
  6. Is a society without any official images. Nor is there a common ideal type of behavior with universal application.

Positive Ideals behind the secular society

1. Deep respect for individuals and the small groups of which they are a part.
  2. Equality of all people.
  3. Each person should be helped to realize their particular excellence.
  4. Breaking down of the barriers of class and caste.
Some of the well known states that are often considered "constitutionally secular" are France, India, Mexico, South Korea, and Turkey although none of these nations have identical forms of governance.

Last edited by Aceviper on Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Political Insanity Empty Re: Political Insanity Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:42 pm

..and?

3Political Insanity Empty Re: Political Insanity Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:41 am

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

With all the above in mind, with all these basic, neutral, just, varied declarations - implying the same meaning, I shall continue to the main part of my Thread.

We, in India-considered a secular country, are pure hypocrites. Nothing less. We consider ourselves secular - devoid of cultural, caste-based, language-based barriers - my reaction to that: Hang yourselves, you liars. We stand in our country boldly announcing that we have such "secular" views, yet ultimately fighting among ourselves - dividing and separating each other on basis entirely NOT secular. I sit in a city, a city I
grew up in, was born in - does that give me more right over this city than anyone who has stayed here for a lesser amount of time? Of course not. "Marathi" is the language spoken in "Maharasthra", a state in the country of India. It is basically just a language - the same way Bengali is for West-Bengal.

Politics is a topic I can talk about at extreme length - yet not know where and how to start. With secularism as a firm definition in my mind, I think about the happenings in my country - about what happens in my city, forget about something as big as a country. Politics within the city has started to bring distress and separatism - all for the lust of power/fame/glory and most importantly - votes.

What instigated me to make this thread was Shiv Sena - the Political Party - individuals unworthy of being called Indians. It built a strong base amongst the Marathi community in the sixties based on its militant ideology that Maharashtra belonged to the Marathi community and that they be given preference over migrants from other Indian states. WHERE DOES SECULARISM COME IN THAT?

Shiv Sena was involved in violence in Kathua, Jammu and Kashmir on July 14, 2008, as they were blocked by Central Reserve Police Force personnel from marching towards Jammu city. The Sena was demonstrating against a decision by the government of Kashmir to not hand over land to a Hindu shrine board, as the proposal had caused some of the largest protests in Kashmir's history, and stirred resentment and fears of demographic dilution". Shiv Sena has raised the squadron on occasion since at least 1987, when 125 activists participated in what was termed "morale boosting" activities aimed at strengthening the Hindu community in Punjab during the 1980s insurgency here. The group also vowed to send this squad to Srinagar in 2004 to hoist the Indian flag at the city's main intersection, Lal Chowk. Later that year, the Shiv Sena attempted to disrupt India and Pakistan from playing cricket in Delhi. Shiv Sena claims the members are willing to sacrifice their lives for what they believe is India's rightful existence as a Hindu nation. - Pure nonsense, IMO. If this is the situation-where violence by, we should be considering Terrorist actions as
righteous.

In addition to its campaign against non-Maharashtraians in Mumbai, the Shiv Sena protests have been known to break down into violence and force in public in the name of protecting Hindutv from what it deems as corrupting western influences. The party has been involved in organized protests, pickets, market shutdowns
and strikes that have been known to degenerate into violent clashes and in some instances riots. For instance, Shiv Sena activists have attacked shops in Mumbai selling gifts for Valentine's Day as part of the party's campaign against 'vulgar' western influences on youth. Likewise, in 1998, Shiv Sainiks attacked movie theatres in Mumbai screening director Deepa Mehta's Fire, a highly controversial film based on a lesbian theme
on the grounds that such films violated Hindu ethos and were immoral for Hindus to watch. As a result, the screening of the movie was withdrawn. Later, members of the Sena's Varanasi branch launched aggressive
protests against the filming of Mehta's Water, on the grounds that such films were made with the designs of intentionally defaming Hinduism by portraying Varanasi and other holy cities in an inaccurate and
negative light.As a result of the protests, the location for shooting the film was shifted to the
neighbouring Sri Lanka.

And what's more disgusting:

The Shiv Sena has also been accused of orchestrating violence against Muslims. The Sena is widely alleged to have played an active role in the riots in Mumbai following the demolition of the Babri Mosque
in 1992 in the north-Indian holy city of Ayodhya. On 23 January 1993, the then Congress-led Government of Maharashtra appointed Justice B.N. Srikrishna (then a sitting Judge of the Bombay High Court) to head a one-man commission with the task of investigating the riots. The Commission indicted the Sena for its direct involvement in coordinating the anti-Muslim riots, and accused Thackeray of "commanding his loyal Shiv
Sainiks to retaliate by organised attacks against Muslims." However, Thackeray was absolved of all criminal
charges in July 2000 after seven years of judicial proceedings.Additionally, as part of their efforts to hamper any collaboration between India and the Muslim dominated Pakistan, Shiv Sainiks have resorted to damaging cricket pitches in stadiums where the Indian and Pakistani cricket team were scheduled to play. The two most prominent instances of the Sena's targeting pitches are the destruction of the pitch at Mumbai's Wankhede
Stadium
in 1991 and the vandalizing of the Feroz Shah Kotla Grounds pitch in national capital Delhi in 1999. The Sena orchestrated these activities in an atmosphere of growing tensions between the two nations.

As staunch believer of hypocrisy and unrelenting lies, we have:

In an interview in 1998, Thackeray claims to have tempered his stance on many issues that the Shiv Sena had with Muslims, particularly regarding the Babri Mosque or Ramjanmabhoomi issue, saying: "We must look after the Muslims and treat them as part of us, as long as they are loyal to the nation, to the Constitution of Hindustan." In addition, some members of the Sena claim that the party does not discriminate
on the basis of religion and is based on pure nationalism. -
So, all of us are actually thought to be retarded to believe that? Suprisingly, quite a few Maharashtrans believe him.

Vandalising seems to be their hobby:

The offices of Hindi and Marathi TV news channels IBN-7 and IBN-Lokmat in Mumbai and Pune were attacked and vandalised by Shiv Sena activists on 20 November 2009. Shiv Sena attributed the attacks to the criticisms of Bal Thackeray by the news channel over his remarks on Sachin Tendulkar. Shiv Sena Rajya Sabha MP Sanjay Raut described the attacks as "spontaneous". Various Shiv Sena spokespersons have been justifying the attacks.

4Political Insanity Empty Re: Political Insanity Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:15 am

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

More Vandalisations: (Please read)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maharashtra_Navnirman_Sena

THIS is where I ask my second question - How is this Politics? This is Anarchy - the beginning.

http://www.indiatvnews.com/news/India/Rahul_Snubs_Shiv_Sena_Hops_On_Local-1596.html

^ Way to go Congress! Way to go Rahul Gandhi!

5Political Insanity Empty Re: Political Insanity Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:32 pm

Omkar

Omkar

When you talk about the topic being 'Political Insanity', I think it should be a bit comprehensive too coz as for now, its more of a crib against Shiv Sena. No doubt what they have done is outrageous, me being a staunch opposer of violent politics, I think you should also list the shrewd activities undertaken by our ruling party Congress, a pseudo secular party, just to make this topic broader, y'know. It will be quite an interesting read as given that you can talk any length about politics.
AS far as this topic is concerned, wow, I never knew Shiv Sena would dare to vandalize the pitches and that too MUMBAI pitches, a place which only seconds Kolkata to cricket craziness. And yeah, Thakrey has been a hypocrite all along.

http://creativelyfertile.blogspot.com/

6Political Insanity Empty Re: Political Insanity Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:58 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

@ Omkar - *salutes* Okay! I'll look into it!

7Political Insanity Empty Re: Political Insanity Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:19 pm

renny

renny
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

d word politics has a new meaning associated to it..given d generation or d era..we r in today...

insanity exists all around us.. politics is no different.. of course..it is d first one dat everyone notices..and luves criticizing.... rather den analyzing,...

8Political Insanity Empty Re: Political Insanity Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:31 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

Analysing the Shiv Sena? For what? From all angles I see, they have the makings of a Hitler Regime Neutral

9Political Insanity Empty Re: Political Insanity Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:51 pm

renny

renny
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

am not talking abt a particular political party.. am talking abt politics in general....

and regards to party-siding ..den..let me tell u, der's is no party in India, dat works.. purely for d cause of the people.

10Political Insanity Empty Re: Political Insanity Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:12 pm

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

India?
Heh!
There's no party in the WORLD, EVAR, that works proper.
Every time we go to vote, we merely pick the lesser evil... or so we're led to believe.

Democracy is a hoax.
Our votes don't count!

That's what I think anyways.
Can't blame me, there's no reasoning with conspiracy theorists.

11Political Insanity Empty Re: Political Insanity Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:46 pm

renny

renny
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

democracy is not a hoax.... its powerful..if only..u knew how to use..it..sadly enough no one does...

ya.. its true...we r choosing eveil from eveil.. but d catch is..to choose an eveil.. in such a way dat it favors..u.. or ur cause.. dats where analysis cumes in... d world is a twisted place..and truth by itself cannot survive...so y not twist d truth..for survival...

12Political Insanity Empty Re: Political Insanity Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:38 pm

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

riyo wrote:.we r choosing eveil from eveil.. but d catch is..to choose an eveil.. in such a way dat it favors..u.. or ur cause..
Yeah.
Lesser Evil.

riyo wrote:.. d world is a twisted place..and truth by itself cannot survive...so y not twist d truth..for survival...
No, that's wrong isn't it?
As good as it may sound, that's just wrong to me.

Truth cannot survive? Whatever happened to SATYAMEVA JAYATE ?
(for my English speaking friends; THE TRUTH ALONE TRIUMPHS!)

Twist the truth for survival?
Does that mean corruption can be justified?

Ok, I'm freaked out now.

13Political Insanity Empty Re: Political Insanity Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:59 pm

renny

renny
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

well for starters ur in d 21st century.... truth alone.. cannot survive ..and dis is reality..like it or not....and many n-numbers of cases...dat proves dis..i dont even have to go der....

twisting truth is jst a way of playing around d bush, rather goin straight.. coz dat straight road does not exist nymore... and as far as corruption being justified..well.. u cannot rid d world of it.. its der to stay.. and what i think is dat any corruption dat comes in handy is always a good corruption...

14Political Insanity Empty Re: Political Insanity Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:34 pm

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

Ok, this is new to me.
I never knew corruption cam in different variations,...

This concept of good corruption...
Do enlighten me! =]

I MUST KNOW!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum