AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

5 Centimeters Per Second(Byousoku 5 cm)

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

15 Centimeters Per Second(Byousoku 5 cm) Empty 5 Centimeters Per Second(Byousoku 5 cm) Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:14 pm

MayFlower

MayFlower

Type: Movie
Genre: Romance,Drama,Slice of Life

5 Centimeters Per Second(Byousoku 5 cm) Bcm

Plot:A movie which basically recounts the story of two
people, Tohno Takaki and Shinohara Akari, who were close friends but
gradually grow farther and farther apart as time moves on. Takaki and
Akari become separated because of their families yet continue to
exchange contact in the form of emails. Yet as time continues to trudge
on, their contact with one another begins to cease. Years pass and the
rift between them grows ever larger. However, Takaki remembers the
times they have shared together, but as life continues to unfold for
him, he wonders if he would be given the chance to meet Akari again as
the tale embarks on Takaki's realization of the world and people around him.

I won't say this movie is a masterpiece and that it swept me off my feet 'cause frankly put I did not like the story much.
The plot is indeed realistic and reiterates the theme of 'life doesn't turn out the way we think it would' but somehow if a viewer is left with no hope at the end then the whole purpose of making a movie is defeated.

Spoiler:

Anyway aside from these few complaints..the movie is very nicely executed with few but meaningful dialogues.
If not for anything else...it might be worth watching for the excellent visual imagery.
I'll definitely be watching a few more Makoto Shinkai movies after this.

http://musingsofamaiden.blogspot.com/

kyo

kyo

This is one of those artsy Anime films... I dont think it will have mass appeal... but the sheer quality of the artwork makes it worth the watch... I doubt too many viewers will really like the subtle manner in which the story is told... and the less than normal amount of dialog....

Arr0wHeaD

Arr0wHeaD
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

I just recently watched this movie. Gotta say I enjoyed it.

I don't usually watch anything with romance as it's main focus, I tend to find it sappy and cliched. But I watched this because it was consistently on the top ten lists of almost any anime fan site.

I found it to be excellent. One of the top anime movies I've watched. Mostly because the realism of the story helps it feel more relate-able, anyone who's ever been through similar situations will be strongly reminded of them.

and May, I know exactly what you mean when you say that you had a problem with certain parts of the story. I mean, immediately after it was done, I realized that

Spoiler:

And I found it bad. Then I read an analysis of the movie which helped me understand it a lot better.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0983213/board/nest/194492266

I especially liked the explanation which says the first story is about physical separation, the second is about emotional separation and the third is about temporal separation. Sounded very 'Sci Fi' to me, and that's right up my alley.

After which I looked up the creator. Makoto Shinkai. He's considered to be the next Miyazaki.

and his first movie was-

Voices of a Distant Star
The love of Japanese high school students Mikako Nagamine and Noboru Tera is tested when Mikako is sent to fight aliens in a distant universe and voice mails to and from Earth become months to years in transmission.

Sci- Fi Romance? Sounds good to me!

Besides that, is there anyone else who found the ending bad?

https://amalganation.forumotion.net

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum