AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

12 Angry Men

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

112 Angry Men Empty 12 Angry Men Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:38 am

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

12 Angry Men 12angrymen
Bull:
Last week I had so much free time on me, I was pissing it away. Literally. Well, not really but if I said I didn’t, then I would be lying. Point is that I was jobless. So I decided to catch up with a few movies/manga/comics/series I really wanted to watch but never had the time to. 12 Angry Men was one such movie.

Story:
12 members of a murder trial jury sit down to make a decision; GUILTY or NOT GUILTY. The choice is very much clear. All 12 members think that the 18 year old slum dwelling teenager killed his father with a switchblade knife. The problem is that when they decide by take a preliminary vote, one of them votes the kid innocent. They can’t get out of the room till there is a consensus. The 11 men try to convince him on how his decision should have been otherwise on the hot and sweaty evening.

Review:
This movie is like none I have ever seen. It is very minimalist. Minimalist in that the whole movie is shot in ONE ROOM! A SINGLE GODAMN ROOM!!!
The movie begins with the members of the jury getting into the room and it ends with the members leaving it (if that was a spoiler, accept my deepest apologies). That’s it. The movie is just what it says, 12 angry men trying to prove a point in a room on a bloody hot day. It is genius yet extremely simple.

Rating: 9/10 Anyday

I would recommend you to go watch this movie if you haven’t already. It is basically just a lot of people talking. No women, no sex, no stunts, no guns, no car chases, no spies. Only good acting.

212 Angry Men Empty Re: 12 Angry Men Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:16 pm

kyo

kyo

I loved this movie when I first saw it... which was close to 10 years ago now.... I have seen it several times since... always found something new to appreciate... the depiction of all the characters is brilliant... this movie is like #2 after the Shawshank Redemption for me... so.... that should say a lot...

312 Angry Men Empty Re: 12 Angry Men Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:35 pm

NEBIB TAKOV

INACTIVE MEMBER!
INACTIVE MEMBER!

great

412 Angry Men Empty Re: 12 Angry Men Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:06 pm

Omkar

Omkar

Wow, imdb rates this as 9th best of all time. Concept seems super intriguing. Maybe they'll just show us this in one of our cinema classes Smile

http://creativelyfertile.blogspot.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum