AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

HALO: Combat Evolved

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1HALO: Combat Evolved Empty HALO: Combat Evolved Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:06 am

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

Well, since I have got only the first game, I might as well make a thread pertaining only to that one. My best games I've played so far. One, I wont forget for a long time. And played on BEST settings, its a WHOLE different experience than playing it on Medium or low Graphic Settings.

I will fill in screen shots and other stuff later. Gotta study for Chemistry now. Sad

2HALO: Combat Evolved Empty Re: HALO: Combat Evolved Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:12 am

Amazing game, this one. Completely redefined the world of FPS gaming. Totally loved it, but I wasn't able to finish it.

Used a trainer and I got stuck Neutral
Didn't feel like playing the whole thing again.

3HALO: Combat Evolved Empty Re: HALO: Combat Evolved Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:55 am

Arr0wHeaD

Arr0wHeaD
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

You couldn't finish it?

On Legendary, I suppose?
I played on easy and normal. Wasn't that hard.

Did you get stuck in that annoying level where the floating orb thingy- The Librarian or something goes from place to place and you have to follow it, shooting hordes of flood on the way? I did that one a few times.

I feel the most fun level is the last one. The one with the Warthog Escape.

https://amalganation.forumotion.net

4HALO: Combat Evolved Empty Re: HALO: Combat Evolved Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:54 pm

It was the level where you have to backtrack to the place where you came from or something like that. I don't remember the details..

I used trainers and cheat-codes a lot back then. What had to be done: I had to shoot down a banshee (that huge flying thing) and use it to the fly to the top (of a tower? or a ledge?)..

What I did: I used a trainer to illegally acquire a rocket launcher. I then used it to blast that banshee to bits. Neutral
And then the game saved. I don't remember if I saved it or it auto-saved.

Well turns out that banshee was the only way to get to the top.. I couldn't do anything now Neutral
I've been wary of using trainers since.

5HALO: Combat Evolved Empty Re: HALO: Combat Evolved Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:03 pm

Arr0wHeaD

Arr0wHeaD
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

You basically missed...most of the game. You haven't reached the levels with The Flood, have you?

6HALO: Combat Evolved Empty Re: HALO: Combat Evolved Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:36 pm

I did fight the flood

7HALO: Combat Evolved Empty Re: HALO: Combat Evolved Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:27 pm

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

Dude. The Maw is the toughest and most challenging part of the game. The Warthog Chase at the end is a MUST play. I love the game so much, its all I play. Now Legendary seems simple to play.

8HALO: Combat Evolved Empty Re: HALO: Combat Evolved Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:08 pm

DIE HARD

DIE HARD

Damn! I played this game so long ago! This feels almost nostalgic..lol!

I found the floods to be more annoying than anything else. The way they got stuck to your suit and started popping without you unable to blast them was very irritating... @_@

I finished the last chase with my second try only. I figured the best way to go about was to ignore the whores of creepy crawlies and just press the pedal to the metal. It was definitely exhilarating stuff.

http://insaneanime.ning.com/

9HALO: Combat Evolved Empty Re: HALO: Combat Evolved Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:54 pm

Arr0wHeaD

Arr0wHeaD
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

DIE HARD wrote:I figured the best way to go about was to ignore the whores of creepy crawlies and just press the pedal to the metal. It was definitely exhilarating stuff.

Please tell me you meant 'hordes'

10HALO: Combat Evolved Empty Re: HALO: Combat Evolved Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:03 am

Of course he meant 'hordes'. 'Whores of creepy crawlies' wouldn't make sense now, would it?

However, if he was referring to actual creepy crawlies like.. say, the most popular, spiders. DH is leading us to believe that among the 40,000 species of spider, there is a 'whore' category, with female spiders offering themselves to the males in return for money (insects?). However proposing something so unprecedented might be difficult, DH. I've read that in some species (or is in every?) females eat the males once they mate, which goes against your (assumed) money theory. Interesting though, that might well be the huge mental block of stupidity they face. Now, if they get past that, they might reach the intellectual level of humans one day.

Fascinating. Now suppose there is such a mental block in all animals.. that stop them from achieving high levels of intelligence. Maybe if a dog stops chasing its own tail or develops some self-pride, it may become intelligent. Or maybe if a cat can stop spending so much time licking itself? Intriguing.

What DH is saying is that he chose to ignore this 'whore' species (wise choice, my man) and just pressed the 'pedal' to the 'metal'. He also found it exhilarating.

Note: I've assumed that DH is talking about spiders. He might well be talking about lizards or cockroaches. I'm assuming spiders in the name of science. Even Newton assumed that the apple fell by itself. There might have well been a monkey on top.

11HALO: Combat Evolved Empty Re: HALO: Combat Evolved Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:46 am

DIE HARD

DIE HARD

By creepy crawlies I might have well meant giant electric eels which,according to the president of the International Eel Welfare Committee (IEWC), Dr. Slimy Slitherbug, can become the biggest source of alternate energy in the world by the year 5126. Seeing how nuclear energy is coming under constant hammering from the environmentalist, this could very well make sense (of course then you'll have to deal with the animal rights commission, though I doubt how much they care about giant electric eels).

On another note, a hypothesis proposed by Tobey Maguire states that female spider consumes their male counterparts to prevent them from two timing (possessive, those female spiders are). This is the very reason why spider woman wasn't introduced in the movies... as carnivorous behavior would've given the film an A rating (note that A could also mean Awesome, depending on your perception).

Interestingly, the mental blocks that you've mentioned in animals can be seen in humans as well. Just that we are clever enough to cover up and make them look sophisticated. For example, dogs chasing their tales (classic case of circumlocution) can be seen being practiced by humans when we chase after our girlfriends/boyfriends/husbands/wives even when he/she is getting clearly annoyed with it, or when a salaryman chases after their respective bosses to earn reputation points...or when politicians chase after each other only to gain a favorable ground. Cats licking themselves to keep clean is practiced by girls all the time (even boys are doing it now a days). Just look at how much time and money we spend in the beauty salons. At least cats are more hygienic than us.

P.S: Oh....I meant hordes there..just in case you guys were wondering. Hmm...come to think of it..if they introduced a couple of whores in the game,it wouldn't be so bad. At least it'll give me total satisfaction to use my rocket launcher against them (but again,some might not..it all comes down to perception).

P.P.S: Wasn't this thread about a certain game? I forget.

http://insaneanime.ning.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]