AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

+3
ai-chan
Omkar
Arr0wHeaD
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Avatar- James Cameron Empty Avatar- James Cameron Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:06 pm

Arr0wHeaD

Arr0wHeaD
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Avatar- James Cameron 200px-Avatar-Teaser-Poster

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0499549/

Okay, so I'm sure you've all heard of this one. With it's 9 foot blue furry aliens and whatnot.

Most of you may have dismissed it as 'weird' or 'silly' but you gotta remember that it's made by the same guy who made that other movie about A Boat...

And the Animation seems pretty top notch as well.

That said, what are everbody else's opinions on it?

https://amalganation.forumotion.net

2Avatar- James Cameron Empty Re: Avatar- James Cameron Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:15 am

Omkar

Omkar

AVATAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRR!!!

I can't help but go ga-ga over this movie. The trailers didn't seem drop dead outstanding(at least to me) but the response it has been getting, the momentous budget and time consumed in the making, all the trivia and hoopla surrounding this movie is so incredibly gigantic, you can't help but look forward to this. I am definitely going for this(psst, I get to go for free. And that too in a dome theater! WOOt!)

http://creativelyfertile.blogspot.com/

3Avatar- James Cameron Empty Re: Avatar- James Cameron Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:10 pm

ai-chan

ai-chan
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

Umm.. I wouldn't rate this movie that high...

Undoubtedly, this was spectacular movie... special effects were quite amazing, however content-wise there was hardly anything new...

Anyone noticed the similarities with Hayao Miyazaki's Princess Mononoke?

http://forum.animeindia.com

4Avatar- James Cameron Empty Re: Avatar- James Cameron Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:55 pm

kyo

kyo

Except for the graphics... I would say that this movie is nothing to write home about.... sure they poured in a lot of time and money and the graphics are spectacular... but the story in and of itself is pretty.... standard... and yes there are several similarities to Mononoke Hime... nothing which is 'in-your-face' types though...

5Avatar- James Cameron Empty Re: Avatar- James Cameron Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:34 am

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

dumb movie
guessed it till the last
but 3d is good

6Avatar- James Cameron Empty Re: Avatar- James Cameron Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:13 am

Red

Red
Complete Douchebag!
Complete Douchebag!

As a very good friend of mine pointed it out to me, AVATAR is...
".. it's basically Vietnam Colony with Night Elves in 3D! "
-Jin

That my friend, according to many, is the most sensible statement you have ever said in your life. +Rep and lots of respect!

For those of you who do not watch many mallu movies, Vietnam Colony is a 1993 Mallu fick with this dude Mohan Lal in the lead.
His character is promised a major job opportunity in a company if he convinces the people of a certain residential colony (basically very slum-like) of very hostile people to move out of there and hence make way for the company's building plans.
He goes and stays in the colony, almost convinces everyone to change their opinion, and just about then feels bad about this and takes the side of the colony people and goes against the company. He has a colony dwelling love-interest too.

Now, I'm not saying AVATAR is a rip-off but it sure is similar and Jin's analogy is BRILLIANT!!!
People, RESPECT HIM!!!!

Last edited by Red on Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : godamn HTML)

7Avatar- James Cameron Empty Re: Avatar- James Cameron Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:11 pm

kyo

kyo

I do not watch ANY mallu movies sad to say.... and I have not seen many Hindi movies this past year either.... sad.... but analogies are like that... they tend to fall flat if the target audience is unaware of your reference.... (*remembers the anecdote thread*)...

8Avatar- James Cameron Empty Re: Avatar- James Cameron Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:19 am

SaintExodia

SaintExodia
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

Over-hyped glamorous Piece of Shit.

9Avatar- James Cameron Empty Re: Avatar- James Cameron Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:05 am

Omkar

Omkar

Copy-pasting my FB status update here-
Bewitching, enthralling, awe-inspiring, mind-blasting, enchanting, riveting, captivating...I can't ever write an Avatar review. I will always be short of adjectives.

http://creativelyfertile.blogspot.com/

10Avatar- James Cameron Empty Re: Avatar- James Cameron Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:53 am

SaintExodia

SaintExodia
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

11Avatar- James Cameron Empty Re: Avatar- James Cameron Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:58 am

*relieved*

This board right here has sensible people. Thank you for giving me some hope in the human race =)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]