AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ocean waves

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ocean waves Empty Ocean waves Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:10 pm

DIE HARD

DIE HARD

Title: Ocean waves(Umi ga Kikoeru)
Director: Tomomi Mochizuki
Studio: Ghibli
Genres: drama, romance, slice of life
Premiered on: 1993-05-05
Runtime: 72 minutes

Ocean waves Ocean-waves

Plot: Ocean Waves is high school love story set in Kochi, Japan. Morisaku Taku and Matsuno Yutaka are best friends when a girl from Tokyo named Muto Rikako transfers to their school. Excluding herself from group activities, she’s eventually labeled a snob. Matsuno has a crush on Rikako, so it’s no surprise that he gets a little jealous when Morisaku and Rikako start spending more time together. The rumors around school get worse, but Morisaku still insists there is nothing between him and Rikako.

Nice slice of life romantic movie. The animation is again wonderful from Ghibli. Though the movie was a bit short for my liking. Not much character development. My rating: 7/10.

http://insaneanime.ning.com/

2Ocean waves Empty Re: Ocean waves Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:47 pm

MayFlower

MayFlower

To be honest I didn't like the movie...it seemed more like a half-hearted attempt at romance.Viewers would probably be able to relate to Yutaka and Taku's characters better..Rikako's character is anything but likable.
At the very best this movie could be called okayish..

http://musingsofamaiden.blogspot.com/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum