AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pan's Labyrinth

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Pan's Labyrinth Empty Pan's Labyrinth Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:02 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

Abrilliant movie
its spanish but there's no other language section.
so mods make one and shift it
the movie is brilliant
one of the most brilliant and sensible mix of fantasy and reality the only other movie which has done it equally good and ive seen is Bridge to Terabithia.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0457430/
[the movie has a lot of blood so is not for the lighter audience]

2Pan's Labyrinth Empty Re: Pan's Labyrinth Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:39 pm

Ithil

Ithil
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

>_< You could've written something more about it! There's so much to say about this movie - how it so wonderfully combines fantasy (a princess missing from a fairy land) and reality (Spain after the Civil War, a girl joining her step-father, a cruel captain, along with her mother). It's one of the most touching movies I've seen. The ending's a tear-jerker for sure!

G-Mod in business- Try not to double post.

3Pan's Labyrinth Empty Re: Pan's Labyrinth Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:13 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

This is the story about a young girl 'Ophelia'... and the fantasy world she
created, to survive the harsh reality...
"Pan's Labyrinth" is the story of a young girl who travels with her
pregnant mother to live with her mother's new husband in a rural area
up North in Spain, 1944, after Franco's victory.
Ophelia creates an imaginary world of her own to escape the cruel and harsh
realities of the world. When she encounters a faun, she must complete
three tasks in order to obtain immortality according to the legend of a
princess.

4Pan's Labyrinth Empty Re: Pan's Labyrinth Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:53 pm

Kahoko_25

Kahoko_25

Brilliant movie!! Pretty cool story line. Fantasy and reality Merged together. Ofelia, the protagonist of the movie.

And true there are a lot of blood scenes.

She meets a Faun, who says that he believes her to be the reincarnation of Princess Moanna.

And He gives her three tasks to complete before the full moon to ensure that her essence is intact so that she can return to her father's realm.

She then goes to complete her task..
I edited this post just like Jin asked me to. So that you guys won't have any spoilers.
And hope you guys enjoy the moive. XD

Last edited by Kahoko_25 on Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Too many spoilers =_=)

5Pan's Labyrinth Empty Re: Pan's Labyrinth Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:28 pm

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

Blah!
u ruined everythin
edit your post and kill the spoilers
let them see the movie!

6Pan's Labyrinth Empty Re: Pan's Labyrinth Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:31 pm

MayFlower

MayFlower

I saw it a week back on a friend's recommendation.He said I should watch more Guillermo del Toro movies since I liked The Orphanage.
And I'm really glad I watched this movie.Parts of it definitely freaked me out.But one has to admit...the sheer visual imagery is mind-blowing.The way the director effortlessly merges fantasy with reality is more than commendable.
Ending is heart-breaking..but then these movies are bound to end that way.
Surprisingly enough a lot of the scenes tug at your heart-strings(not just the ending)-like when Ofelia presses her ear against her mother's pregnant belly and whispers to her unborn brother to be kind to her after he comes into existence.That was touching and poignant. *sob*

http://musingsofamaiden.blogspot.com/

7Pan's Labyrinth Empty Re: Pan's Labyrinth Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:13 pm

DIE HARD

DIE HARD

This movie can be viewed both as a fairytale based on a war or a war based on a fairytale...and the majesty of it is you can enjoy it the same way regardless of your viewpoint. But this movie is strictly NOT for children..though it's seen mostly through a child's eye. This is almost an adult fairytale..a fantasy based on the savageness of war. This is the kind of movie that parents can watch and hope to tell their children about it when they are old enough to understand. The way Del Toro blends the two worlds,the real world torn apart by war..and the world of Ofelia full of mysteries and magic,is masterful...to say the least.

This film records an outstanding 95% score on the DH-meter. Go watch it and knock yourselves out!

http://insaneanime.ning.com/

8Pan's Labyrinth Empty Re: Pan's Labyrinth Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:43 am

Jin

Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

yup not for children who likes fairy tales and fags who want happy endings

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum