AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Radio

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Radio Empty Radio Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:16 pm

Omkar

Omkar

Himesh Reshammiya- the man people love to hate, a much criticized as much as loved composer, singer and now an actor. You have to give it to this guy. He is confident, he is adamant, he is ambitious and yet seemingly humble. Confession time- there was a time when even I despised the guy and made fun of him for trying to pull off a Kishore Kumar. But after watching the trailers of Radio, his new movie, it seems that his stubbornness has paid off. Too bad, its taken him a long time and it seems like the media has moved on as the movie has failed to generate the hype as much as his last two shitballs did. But I am getting a good vibe about this one.

You can't find a mention of his movie on imdb and Mr. Wiki too seems ignorent about it. So as oneindia.com puts it,

Radio is a modern love story about a radio jockey Vivan Shah
played by Himesh Reshammiya who is undergoing a bitter divorce. He
meets an RJ Shanaya played by Shehnaz Treasurywala, who is a
half-Punjabi, half-Parsi daughter of the DIG.

Both Vivan and
Shanaya host a show together and this popular show sends the wrong
signals that they are married. That’s when Vivan’s former wife Pooja,
played by Sonal Sehgal, regrets having lost out on the relationship and
wants to reconcile with him.

I wanted to trash it as soon as I heard the story which admittedly seems like a typical B'wood crap that is churned out every friday. But watching the trailers, listening to the songs had such a HUGE impact on me, I was shocked. The direction seems so amazing, you can't believe this is the same director who made the unheard-of '7 Phere' and the sunk-without-any-trace 'Bachelor Party'. Reshammiya actually appears decent except one particular Dish TV scene(Dude, give it up. You don't have comic timing). But the ones who take the cake are the actresses opposite him- Shehnaz and Sonal. Besides looking hot, they also seem incredibly natural. The cinematography is also worth mentioning. Just look at how the song 'Jaaneman' has been shot- one bench, Himesh on a side and the actresses' flashes oscillating as the song progresses. Beautiful.

About the music, this one is a whacker, in a good way I mean. I won't hesitate in saying this is one of his top 2 albums till date. The music is mostly soothing, soulful and touching. I guess this goes with the tone of the movie, which seems really tender, and they are sung by mostly Himesh and Shreya Ghoshal. Shreya, as fantabulously melodious as ever takes each song sung to sky-high level. Himesh seems inappropriate in some as he has a sometimes irritatingly nasal voice but otherwise has sung really well. Notable among them are-
Jaaneman- Himesh and Shreya duet.
Piya Jaise Laado- a stand out song all thanks to Mrs. Bharadwaj, the singer.
Koi Na Koi Chahe- another wonderful duet.
Mann ka radio- funny at first hear. Once you get used to it, pretty good.
Rafa Dafa Kiya Nahi Jaaye- Himesh's solo.

I am getting a good feeling out of this flick. I know many will disagree but then so did they when I started Kaminey topic. Baggy, I am not letting you off easy. You still owe me those 25000 bucks Wink

http://creativelyfertile.blogspot.com/

2Radio Empty Re: Radio Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:37 pm

kyo

kyo

If it has Mr. Reshammiya in it.... thats more than enough reason to give me pause when deciding whether to watch this movie or not....

3Radio Empty Re: Radio Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:55 am

MayFlower

MayFlower

Erm I agree with kyo.I mean after disasters like Karz and whatsthenameagain one before that..you can hardly blame us if we are now a tad too wary of Himesh Reshammiya flicks.
Hang on...that weird song 'Mann ka radio' that comes on radio channels often....it's from this movie isn't it?

http://musingsofamaiden.blogspot.com/

4Radio Empty Re: Radio Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:19 pm

Omkar

Omkar

MayFlower wrote:
Hang on...that weird song 'Mann ka radio' that comes on radio channels often....it's from this movie isn't it?

Lol! Yeah, that's the one. Somehow, I have taken a liking in it after dismissing him at first hear.

@Kyo and May: Guys, don't have pre-conceived notions. I have been wronged more than once.

5Radio Empty Re: Radio Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:09 am

kyo

kyo

If I end up watching it. It will only be because Shreya Goshal decided to lend her voice to the music. No other reason would move me.

Put it this way.... I have not seen any movie with Mr Reshammiya has been in. But one of my friends.... who loves hindi movies... like he loves ALL hindi movies... told me he was disgusted by both of Reshammiya's outings... He will probably be the one I will ask for a review before I commit to this one....

On a slightly related note... my father tells me that Kurbaan was not too shabby of a movie by recent standards.... I might go see that sometime soon....

6Radio Empty Re: Radio Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:39 pm

MayFlower

MayFlower

The movie might be good Omkar.But Himesh Reshammiya is bad news...I can't stand the guy and I think a lotta people can't either.
Why can't he just stick to music-direction and give up on his wannabe movie-star plans?

http://musingsofamaiden.blogspot.com/

7Radio Empty Re: Radio Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:33 pm

Omkar

Omkar

kyo wrote:

Put it this way.... I have not seen any movie with Mr Reshammiya has been in. But one of my friends.... who loves hindi movies... like he loves ALL hindi movies... told me he was disgusted by both of Reshammiya's outings... He will probably be the one I will ask for a review before I commit to this one....

Yup, even I was disgusted with Reshammiya's last two attempts though I didn't go as far as actually putting myself through them. But the trailers give you a gist, like when I heard his last one Karzzzz's Tandoori Nights song, I got how bad the movie's gonna flop(weirdly enough, Arrow likes that song Radio Icon_eek ). And as far as his debut is concerned, i dismissed it after watching auto-rickshaws in a firang land. But in spite of this, I feel like standing by Radio.

kyo wrote: On a slightly related note... my father tells me that Kurbaan was not too shabby of a movie by recent standards.... I might go see that sometime soon....

Aw man, that movie is a superb one. Go for it!

The movie might be good Omkar.But Himesh Reshammiya is bad news...I can't stand the guy and I think a lotta people can't either.

I couldn't too, but somehow this seems much more sincere and improved attempt. Dunno about you guys, I for one will be looking out for this flick.

8Radio Empty Re: Radio Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:13 pm

Arr0wHeaD

Arr0wHeaD
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

omkardaone wrote:

(weirdly enough, Arrow likes that song Radio Icon_eek ).

To put this into perspective, I like it in a 'So bad it's Good' Way. The lyrics are patently ridiculous.

And I don't think this one will be as bad. Because the last two were action movies. He isn't fit for those roles.

https://amalganation.forumotion.net

9Radio Empty Re: Radio Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:35 pm

kyo

kyo

How did they put 'Action' into Karz?? Wait.... forget I asked..... I dont wanna know.....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum