Ayakashi ~ Japanese Classic Horror/Mononoke Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ayakashi ~ Japanese Classic Horror/Mononoke

4 posters

Go down

Ayakashi ~ Japanese Classic Horror/Mononoke Empty Ayakashi ~ Japanese Classic Horror/Mononoke

Post by Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:15 pm

Well, I haven't watched good anime horror in a while and I thought both of these interlinked series did a good job...

Ayakashi ~ Japanese Classic Horror (as some of you may know) is a collection of three samurai horror tales. The first one - Yotsuya Kaidan used to be a Kabuki play and is a story of betrayal and revenge. The second - Tenshu Monogatari, is a forbidden love story between a human and a god. And the last, my personal favourite, Bakeneko, is about a travelling medicine seller who puts ayakashi/mononoke (I don't know the exact terminology so I will simply categorize this as "violent spirits") to rest. While I don't mind watching this over and over again because of its awesome ancient Japan-ness, I'm not sure everyone will enjoy it too many times. Still, it's definitely good to watch for a couple of times at least. And it's only 11 episodes...so it's not much of a problem, ne?

Mononoke is a spin-off series based on Ayakashi's Bakeneko character - the medicine seller (kusuri uri). It taps his journey as he encounters newer mononoke and finishes them off. Since I'm a huge fangirl of the medicine seller, I absolutely had to watch this one. Even those who simply like the guy a little, can go ahead and enjoy the series. Spread out over 12 episodes, it makes for a good watch!! ^^
Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin
Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

Personal Message : You sure you wanna know me, puppy?
Female Gemini Posts : 66
Birthday : 1992-06-18

Back to top Go down

Ayakashi ~ Japanese Classic Horror/Mononoke Empty Re: Ayakashi ~ Japanese Classic Horror/Mononoke

Post by Ampitup Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:17 pm

Shweta ^___^ Where can i find this anime...I wanna watch it but its .avi everywhere X_X 100+ MB/episode. Anywhere with smaller file size. Arigatou
Ampitup
Ampitup

Male Posts : 192

Back to top Go down

Ayakashi ~ Japanese Classic Horror/Mononoke Empty Re: Ayakashi ~ Japanese Classic Horror/Mononoke

Post by Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:10 pm

Which one do you want, Ayakashi or Mononoke? Because Mononoke is available on www.cyber12.com where the files are .mkv, so they're small and yet not of such horrible quality. In case it's Ayakashi you need, let me know...! ^^
Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin
Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ampitup Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:15 pm

Domo Arigatou Shweta-san. I wanted links for Mononoke. I've already seen Ayakashi *goes off to d/l battle cat err...Mononoke*
Ampitup
Ampitup

Back to top Go down

Post by Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:52 pm

Ahhh!! Mondai nai!! I'm sure you'll love the series...I totally did and not just 'coz I'm a girl either...\(^o^)/
Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin
Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jin Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:51 pm

its too slow and wierd
Jin
Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

Personal Message : Bored!
Male Cancer Posts : 849
Birthday : 1990-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:58 pm

Oh...which one did you find slow and weird? Ayakashi or Mononoke? Ayakashi does tend to slow down in the Tenshu Monogatari arc. Mononoke is awesome! But if you think it's weird because of the art style, you're not alone. A lot of people hate that canvas style art...
Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin
Shweta ~ Gackt's Fujin
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jin Fri May 21, 2010 6:50 pm

ayakashi is slow from the beginin
Jin
Jin
Heavy Contributor
Heavy Contributor

Personal Message : Bored!
Male Cancer Posts : 849
Birthday : 1990-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Ampitup Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:56 am

For some reason I liked the art in Mononoke.
Its quite different from the regular style and its kinda beautiful in its own special way.
Finally done with the series and I have to say, its really good. I would have said awesome if it wasn't for the slow paced story. But nonetheless its really wonderful Mad
Ampitup
Ampitup

Back to top Go down

Post by shruti Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:51 pm

I loved bakeneko.... the guy was sort of cute.. so it got to me..
I love this kind of mild horror with minimal gore. Neutral
shruti
shruti
Uprising Member
Uprising Member

Female Leo Posts : 53
Birthday : 1994-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down