AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ef-A Tale Of Memories

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ef-A Tale Of Memories Empty Ef-A Tale Of Memories Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:13 pm

MayFlower

MayFlower

Summary:This series mainly follows two parallel love stories.Hirono Hiro,a poor high-school student, draws shoujo manga for a living.One day his bike gets stolen by a strange girl whom he later finds fainted on the street.It turns out that the girl,Miyako Miyamura,was using his bike to chase after a man who had just stolen her handbag.Soon after the two of them start hanging out together and Miyako feels an instant attraction for Hirono.But first she has to deal with a rival in Shindou Kei,Hirono's childhood friend who has feelings for him as well.
On the other hand we have Chihiro,Kei's twin sister,who lost an eye in a road accident and suffered from short term memory loss.As a result of this she can retain memories of incidents only upto 13 hours after they had actually happened.One day she chances upon Asou Renji,a shy and soft-spoken high-schooler,in a deserted railway station and the two of them strike up an unlikely friendship.However Chihiro's unique medical condition is a threat to their growing relationship.

Ef-A Tale Of Memories Ef-a-tale-of-memories-146-prev

A 12-episode series with no filler content and can mainly be categorized as romance.The best part about Ef is that the stories are not entirely cliched and deal with the complications that often crop up in any relationship.Although they could've cut down on a few overtly melodramatic scenes(like the ones where Miyako gets stood up by Hirono and keeps calling him up repeatedly...)

http://musingsofamaiden.blogspot.com/

2Ef-A Tale Of Memories Empty Re: Ef-A Tale Of Memories Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:31 pm

DIE HARD

DIE HARD

Well,I wouldn't call this show pure romance....it's more romance+supernatural+psychological......

Yeah,I remember liking the series when I watched it. I specially found the presentation to be startling and unique in some cases,which made for some great visual treat. The music is also handled quite well,specially enjoyed the opening theme song.

You should watch the second season as well-- Ef: a tale of melodies. There are some unique relationships there too and a major mysterious character from the first season gets a proper introduction and a moving closure there.

Rating: eto... 8.5/10 (season 1), 8/10 (season 2).....

http://insaneanime.ning.com/

3Ef-A Tale Of Memories Empty Re: Ef-A Tale Of Memories Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:14 am

MayFlower

MayFlower

DIE HARD wrote:Well,I wouldn't call this show pure romance....it's more romance+supernatural+psychological......

Personally I feel there was no element of mystery in the series...except that long-haired girl who'd appear from time to time whenever the characters were facing some kind of major dilemma and offer them advice.I'd still say it's mainly romance...or rather about relationships.

....a major mysterious character from the first season gets a proper introduction and a moving closure there.

I know who you're talking about.
I was hoping that they'd explain everything at the very end of the series....but now I know they have kept it reserved for the second season/sequel.
Personally I'd come to a conclusion about his past myself....

Spoiler:

Another question that bugged me was....why didn't Chihiro live with Kei
or Hirono after the accident?Why Himura san?(that was his name right?)

http://musingsofamaiden.blogspot.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum