AmalgaNation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AmalgaNation

A Forum For Fans of All Audio-Visual Media

Members are requested to always regularly check the "Announcements" Section.
An IRC webchat has been placed at the bottom of the portal page. Type in a name and enter. This way, you do not need a IRC client, just open the portal page. No logging into forum account needed.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Genshiken

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Genshiken Empty Genshiken Sun May 24, 2009 1:35 am

Arr0wHeaD

Arr0wHeaD
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Genshiken (げんしけん?) is a manga series by Shimoku Kio about a college club for otaku (extremely obsessed fans of various media) and the lifestyle its members pursue. The title is a shortening of the club's official name, Gendai Shikaku Bunka Kenkyūkai (現代視覚文化研究会?), or "The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture".

Genshiken follows the lives of a group of college students drawn together by their shared hobbies, and the trials and adventures associated with being otaku. The story begins with the introduction of Kanji Sasahara, a shy, confidence-lacking freshman who on club day at university, decides to join a club he would actually enjoy, Genshiken. Over his four years at Shiiou University, Sasahara comes to accept himself for who he is and loses the inhibitions and guilt he once felt and associated with otaku culture

One of the two new manga I've totally fallen for, (this and Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, but I'll post that later), This is a manga that stands apart for it's brave attempts at portraying reality (or at least a part of it)...

Anyone else read this?

https://amalganation.forumotion.net

2Genshiken Empty Re: Genshiken Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:29 am

Aceviper

Aceviper
Administrator
Administrator

Yes. And it is a manga not everyone would enjoy.

I'd recommend it for 17+ age group.

3Genshiken Empty Re: Genshiken Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:34 pm

Now downloading Genshiken

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum